PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AFF8879 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how on earth you're meant to flush the toilet?! (Pics 22/24)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56030680.html

How do you mend the ballcock?
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skate park? It's all a bit crammed in and fails to be any use as a home OR as a skate park! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62194613.html
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Crammed in is right. You could wash your hands without getting off of the loo.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And a world map so you can imagine you're somewhere exotic as you skate up and down the same ramp all day
  • Moneybagsss
    Options
    I love how they fitted the shower unit outside the cubicle
    Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day.
    But give a man a fishing rod, and he'll sell it and buy alcohol.
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    I love how they fitted the shower unit outside the cubicle
    At least you can turn it on without getting cold water all over yourself, it surprises me how many showers are fitted so that you have to reach past the shower head to hit the on button.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    At least you can turn it on without getting cold water all over yourself, it surprises me how many showers are fitted so that you have to reach past the shower head to hit the on button.
    So true.

But there's plenty more water to be had, Just put the postcode into the Environment Agency's Flood Map. ;)

All that bent plywood might make a great Ark.
  • indianabones
    Options
    Property Link

The house above was owned by a couple of sisters who inherited when their aunt/uncle died. They were desperate to sell because of the climbing maintenance costs and tax etc. They originally had it on the market last year for £230k, then 220k, then finally 200 and even at 200 people weren't going for it. Needed electrics and gas works done, in fact no gas supply to the house at all.

Being impatient and unreasonable she took it to auction where it was sold for £194k in July.

The new owners originally put it on the market in August for 230k, again no offers and they've now put it on for offers over 220k. Again no offers coming through, it's purely because it's a 190-200k house. The new owners clearly haven't done their homework at all. Now they too are taking it to auction.

With all the legal fees and minor work they've done on the house, there's a good chance they won't even make a profit after this sale.

The reason I am telling you this is, so 1. you know how thick people can be (not doing their homework and learning from others mistakes), 2. because the original owners would have got more from me than the auction and 3. the new vendors are likely to get less that what I was prepared to pay.

Bottomline, all my friends and family this this house is not meant for me, so it goes off my saved properties list.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Property Link

The house above was owned by a couple of sisters who inherited when their aunt/uncle died. They were desperate to sell because of the climbing maintenance costs and tax etc. They originally had it on the market last year for £230k, then 220k, then finally 200 and even at 200 people weren't going for it. Needed electrics and gas works done, in fact no gas supply to the house at all.

Being impatient and unreasonable she took it to auction where it was sold for £194k in July.

The new owners originally put it on the market in August for 230k, again no offers and they've now put it on for offers over 220k. Again no offers coming through, it's purely because it's a 190-200k house. The new owners clearly haven't done their homework at all. Now they too are taking it to auction.

With all the legal fees and minor work they've done on the house, there's a good chance they won't even make a profit after this sale.

The reason I am telling you this is, so 1. you know how thick people can be (not doing their homework and learning from others mistakes), 2. because the original owners would have got more from me than the auction and 3. the new vendors are likely to get less that what I was prepared to pay.

Bottomline, all my friends and family this this house is not meant for me, so it goes off my saved properties list.

We had one like that too back in early 2011, Indiana :o

The vendors (divorcing) accepted our offer of £250k - it was on for £280k, so we thought we'd got a good deal for a five bed, Grade 2 listed house that needed complete restoration in a nice village in Wiltshire. Turns out they were keeping vital info regarding a new build development at the rear of the building from us. They blatantly lied so we walked.

They dropped the price to £250k. No interest. By now the building of executive homes completely marring the previously unspoiled view was underway. It went to auction with a guide of £230k. It failed to sell. It finally sold 16 months later for just under £182k.......I think we dodged a bullet with that one!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family