Buy nothing for a month challenge

Options

Comments

• rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not a problem poppy,welcome to the best challenge of your life ;) Im sure this could have a massive impact on our lives if we are near succesful!
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • haycorns
    haycorns Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rictus123 wrote: »
    Yep mustang that is true, i am the same if i find a good one,only had 2 good books in my life. Short life so far though! Not allowed to buy books though...tomorrow is last banking day of month so last chance for me to pay for most things :)

Im so motivatied to do this!!

Our library does magazines to borrow too if you aren't into books.
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FireWyrm Update : Days 2 and 3 - NSD's. Staying with you Rictus....
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rictus

2 NSD s so far. I did say I had three nights out already planned that I couldn't do anything about ( already committed|)and two of them fall tonight and tomorrow Thurs, but I'm determined apart from those ( sorry).

Dogs are getting well walked!:p
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rictus123 wrote: »
    Yep mustang that is true, i am the same if i find a good one,only had 2 good books in my life. Short life so far though! Not allowed to buy books though...tomorrow is last banking day of month so last chance for me to pay for most things :)

Im so motivatied to do this!!

Well done and good luck with your challenge rictus! :T

Although I must confess my surprise that you have only read 'two good books in 20 years' (one a decade???)... even worse is that you told us the names of them! Gordon Ramsay's book pmsl! :rotfl: Haven't you read any of the classics, or even a good modern novel?

p.s. you're in your third decade now... :p
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • 20somethinghousewife
    Options
    Love this idea, can't join in this month as I have a friend coming to stay for a week and want to make the most of it, although I'll be spending as little as possible and keeping a record of every penny that leaves my purse. Next month I'm off to Ireland for a week so the same applies BUT I would love to have a go at the challenge in October like a few others have suggested. Til then I'll be following this thread and wishing you all well with it
  • lindsayg_2
    lindsayg_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant idea! I've already arranged to go to Longleat with friend and kids, so I'm counting that as 'essential' spending, and starting tomorrow. I can't start today because I already spent £1.90 on a cold drink in Starb*cks. See why I need to buy nothing? :)
    challenges : AFD : SNC :
    Ebay/ Amazon : £29 + £6 +
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    Options
    I wish you all well with this challenge, I would love to join you but trying to convince my OH and teenage sons will be an impossible job as they are 16 ane 18 next week:eek:. Nevertheless I will be looking on with interest.

I may join you in September as I am back to work and oldest DS will be starting university so will HAVE to learn how to manage on very little.......maybe he and I can do the challenge together?
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • Doingmybest2bgoodhurrah
    Options
    Have just tuned in after an absence of a couple of weeks & spotted this thread.
    I think its a fab idea but unfortunately August is second only to December for expense in this house. We have so many birthdays & anniversaries that I don't think I can commit to take part. Also, I have a tradesman booked in to do some vital repairs later this month so its a no go for me. I have budgeted for all of these things but am not sure I would qualify to join the challenge?
    I do though wish all those taking part all the very best & should this challenge be run again for September I would love to take part.

Best wishes

DMB x
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What a shame the people who want to do it but efforts will be ruined by oh. I am 3 days in and flying!! 28 more easy no spend days to go!!! Payday in 2 days, going to be great watching the whole lot sit untouched in my account for 13 days before the next pay to give it a boost :D
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure