Your "Free Sample" from Silkies (not really)

Options

Comments

• simplepete
    simplepete Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Just had this same problem with the moisturiser and expecting a payment of £13.98.
    Problem is, it all came in my mums name - who died 2 years ago, so where they've dug her details out from I have no idea.
    Thankfully I eventually got through to someone on the phone who was polite and helpful enough to apologise and cancel the account.

I dont think I've ever seen anything so absurd!!!
  • purple_haze_3
    Options
    I'm having same probs with this company and now have just received a letter from a debit collection agency called CCS Collect asking for the amount!! Its only by chance that i received the letter as i haven't lived at the address where my "face cream" was sent for 3 years! The current tennants pased the letter on to me after getting fed up of all the junk mail from Enriche.

Ive never ordered or received anything from the company and now i have a letter threatening me with court procedings, can't believe a company would do this:eek:

My dad spoke to this CCS Collect and they quickly told him they would send back the payment request to Enriche saying the product was never recieved, god knows what Enriche will do next!

I just hope this doesn't go any further, don't want to be blacklisted for not paying for a product i never ordered or received:angry: and this has really upset me. Think i'm going to have to make a few phone calls tomorrow!
  • petshopgirlemma
    Options
    Just to say - they are still at this - sent off a coupon in prima mag in November and emailed to complain! Just got tis back...

"Further to your e-mail to our Customer Services Department, I am writing to confirm that the above account has since been closed.
    From our records, I can confirm that we received an order for the introductory offer to our hosiery programme in the form of a returned card following our October 2008 promotion (Prima magazine). The terms of the introductory offer, as stated on the card, are for one free pair of tights, and if you are happy with the tights, we despatch a further four pairs, four weeks later, and from there on every four weeks or less often if you prefer, unless advised otherwise. There is no obligation to buy any tights and you may cancel or return the tights at any time.
    The original free pair of tights were despatched on 17th October and as we have no record of any cancellation, a further four pairs were despatched on 14th November 2008. Details of our introductory offer are contained on the original card mailed to you and on the letter accompanying the first free pair.
    To enable you to return the unwanted items to us free of charge, please find below our FREEPOST address:
    Silkies Returns Department
    HCI FREEPOST NWW3111
    PO Box 1021
    Liverpool"
  • New_Quay_Bear
    Options
    Just to add to the growing number of complaints,my mother-in law received the same payment slip this morning.
    She too had not requested anything.
    I have used the "template"in an earlier post to reply.
  • whopsie_hunter
    Options
    Just to add to the growing number of complaints,my mother-in law received the same payment slip this morning.
    She too had not requested anything.
    I have used the "template"in an earlier post to reply.

Same here all very stressful. 2am and I am still sending emais here, there and everywhere.
  • Doozer_2
    Options
    Hi All,

I while a go I received a free pair of tights from Silkies, which was a bit strange 1. because i didnt ask for them and 2. because I am allergic to nylon!!

Today i received a package from silkies including a "free" pair of trouser socks and 3 pairs of tights for which they were requesting a payment of £13.36. I was a bit shocked as i had never ordered anything from them.

The next obvious step was to log onto Moneysavingexpert to see what they had to say and as expected here is a thread all about it! I have read the thread and followed the actions and fortunately the woman on the other end of the phone at HCI was most helpful and cancelled my account immediately and also gave me the return address, to which i will be sending the package recorded delivery. I am just about to get onto Consumer Direct and file my complaint

Excellent!
  • chris5781fmd
    Options
    :eek: I have just received two invoices from Silkies tights for tights which I did not order. I also received an invoice for some moisturiser (!!!???) I have sent them two stinking letters but I would say to everyone ....Leave them well alone!
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    They do say on their website that they'll send them to you every month regardless of whether you make an order or not, when you sign up for the free pair.

I love silkies tights - but I'd much rather get them from ebay!
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • dirtyflannel
    Options
    this lot have been at same game for years send a free pair and get a few more with an invoice
  • lizable
    Options
    I had a phone call last year asking if Id like a free pair of tights - I said yes. I received and wore them , then i got the package some time later ( cant remember the exact details of items included) I did see that they were going to continue to send them on a monthly basis and that I would be billed. However I had only said yes to the initial offer of one free pair of tights, and i considered that the subsequent package was unsolicited.
    I have worn one of the pairs and they were not bad tights I admit , however i do not see why I should pay for this stuff I never asked for in the first place.
    I have a letter now "this is the fourth time we have written to you blah blah blah" ............"The £13.36 you still owe may seem like a small amount to you . However it places you in jeopardy of being placed on our database of Bad Debtors, which could affect your future ability to obtain credit with us."
    If I don't pay up , is being on their database of B.D's such a price to pay? or is there a veiled threat lurking there.
    The £13.69 I still owe DOES NOT seem like a small amount to me and that is why I dont intend to pay it.
    As for previous comments where people say you deserve this hassle from Silkies if you dont read the small print - why the hell should you? Why should an elderly lady have to take the effort to put on her specs to read it ? I for one have got better things to do with my time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure