'My column at the News of the World' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• springboarder
    Options
    darkpool wrote: »
    You're a brand new poster that just happened to read this thread and have an opinion that 99.9% of the site disagree with. I'd imagine you are Martin himself or one of his family?

I may be a brand new poster but haven't 'just happened' to read this thread. I have read many areas of this site over years and formed my own opinion of both the man and the way the finances of the site are handled. I doubt seriously that 99.9% of this site disagree with my opinion that SOME postings have been OTT and deeply unpleasant. I was directing my comments at the extremists and, as I said, 'you know who you are'. That's all.
  • darkpool
    darkpool Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    I may be a brand new poster but haven't 'just happened' to read this thread. I have read many areas of this site over years and formed my own opinion of both the man and the way the finances of the site are handled. I doubt seriously that 99.9% of this site disagree with my opinion that SOME postings have been OTT and deeply unpleasant. I was directing my comments at the extremists and, as I said, 'you know who you are'. That's all.

so how do you know how the finances of the site are handled?

i would think 99.9% of the site disagree with him working for a newspaper that hacked the voice mail messages of a murdered schoolgirl.
  • springboarder
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    Springboarder's post is the type of post that is written by somebody who has been or is in deep financial trouble, possibly having the most desperate thoughts, who found out about the site and is beginning to see a glimmer of a brighter future. I seriously doubt he is related to/knows Martin personally.

Just for the record.... . No, thank God, I am not in the place and state of mind you describe....and any people who are have my deepest sympathy....there but for the grace of God etc.

But I know if I was, this site is one of the first places I'd go....there is a Massive amount of detailed assistance and advice on MSE.com.

Whilst not agreeing with ML in this matter, I happen to believe he was coming from an 'access and help to a different group' way of thinking, rather than for venal reasons. If I'm alone in that, so be it.

And, btw you are correct. I don't know ML personally or any of his family. :rotfl:
  • darkpool
    darkpool Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    And, btw you are correct. I don't know ML personally or any of his family. :rotfl:

but you know the finances of this site? you work for him?
  • KorkyKat
    KorkyKat Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T_T wrote: »
    So to clarify, based on the details of jamesd list of murdoch relates companies and products a few posts back, can you confirm korkykat, that you have never been responsible for a single penny going towards Mr. Murdochs empire?

Categorically. Not a single penny.
  • springboarder
    Options
    darkpool wrote: »
    but you know the finances of this site? you work for him?

:rotfl:No, I just read a lot. :rotfl:
  • Gorgeous_George
    Gorgeous_George Posts: 7,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope the Sun and the soon-to-be-announced Sun on Sunday suffer a similar fate. Trash the lot of it.

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • Hern
    Hern Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    The error of judgment that Martin Lewis made in regard to his NOTW column is the most significant and the most nauseating that anyone anywhere has ever made about anything since the time of Creation.

Will that do it?

;)
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2011 at 2:12PM
    Options
    no

"Let me be straight from the start, if these things were happening right now – as opposed to back in 2002 – and the paper was arguing it’s done nothing wrong I would’ve stopped my column already"

News International found e-mails in 2007 that appeared to indicate that payments were being made to the police for information, although this evidence of alleged criminal behaviour was not handed to the Metropolitan Police for investigation until 20 June of this year.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14099102

You forgot to mention that he is either a liar, a fool or simply unable to take a ethical stance? Sorry, but if you actually believe a NOWT (King of GUTTER press) editor that they are honest journalists, then you got to have your head checked. Martin needs to explain he decisions and stop tweeting on his blinkin' 5k run. Yes Martin made a mistake, as we all do, but you have to put your hands up and deal it when that mistake is SO OBVIOUS

Come on Martin, deal with the issues... people can forgive a mistake but the more you justify yourself the more people lose faith

EDIT

Increasingly disappointed that there has been no response/apology from Martin. Considering his defence was based upon his ascertion that the NOTW cleaned up its act, apparently proven wrong by recent relevation, it seems he is weathering the storm until we forget. This is something the banks do and he complains 3still no response from ...."

15 months ago the NOTW attacked the privacy of the boyfriend of a murdered girl in Shropshire for a cheap headline.
    http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/07/08/my-encounter-with-the-news-of-the-world/

Bottom line to all that worked there, when you lie with dogs, expect to get fleas.
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Options
    I am APPALLED at the sheer nastiness directed at Martin Lewis personally in a number of the comments on this thread. OK, he made an error of judgement but, by God, have you tried to make him pay for it with horrendous assumptions and vicious attacks. Do you Really think he was writing his column because he wanted the money??
    And as for the snide comments on his charitable work.... words fail me.
    You have very short memories.
    This is the Martin Lewis who is of those rare creatures in life, one who not only who cares but ACTS by spending the majority of his life working flat out in areas that will change people’s lives for the better, much of the work unpaid.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on anything but the words that have been thrown at this good man by some over the last few days are inexcusable.
    You should be ASHAMED of yourselves.... you know who you are.

LOL

Martin does it from the goodness of his heart like Rupert Murdoch spreads the truth :rotfl:

Spring loader is an anagram of Bad Snorer Prig, a thinly veiled guise.... clearly a bad snoring prig is the only person that can be wheeled out to defend Martin.

REMEMBER, people are annoyed about Martins reactions and in actions, not a personal assassination. However, people who care about this forum and are not newbies or cleverly invented infiltrators, also care about involvement in a site which acted amorally. It is the forum that makes this site such a great success, and I am sure Martin knows that

Sorry seems to be the hardest word.
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories