Kitchensuber

edited 10 August 2012 at 12:21PM in England
122 replies 120.5K views

Replies

• I have had my kitchen from 'kitchen über' for 10 months and already I have had to get builders in so we can rip out the work and start again ......found out that the contractors that über got to fit the kitchen superglued my sink down ... Left gapping holes at the back of my sink ... Fitted my oven so close to my cupboard unit that my cupboard has completely melted ...... Complete frauds
  • edited 7 November 2012 at 12:50PM
    R_T_JonesR_T_Jones Forumite
    1 Post
    edited 7 November 2012 at 12:50PM
    I like many others have in (my opinion) been cheated by this company. Over a Kitchen.

I have won a County Court Judgement against the proprietor. [B[/B]

Does anyone have an address for the above named person that I can give to the Bailiffs to enforce
    the judgement. I believe he lives somewhere in the Manchester area.
    I have been told the show room in Miles Platting M'Chester has closed down, but company is still running, as I spoke on the phone to them today.

I will report back on how I get on for the benefit of others, who may wish to take Court action against Kitchen Uber.

Best Wishes
    Richard
  • After nearly being convinced to buy a really cheap kitchen from a company called SOLIDWOOODKITCHENS.co.uk I thought that it was too good to be true and googled the phone number and discovered that there are many kitchen company manes operation from this number and the amount of complaints were astonishing. Kitchens Uber & Solidwood kitchens are all owned by the notorious low life scam artist that is Vance Miller ( google his name ) nuff said and everyone should avoid and Google should take heed and barr his companies.....Ps. why havent the INLAND REVENUE had a look at this cash only operation as the evasion issues is staring at them ...AVOID !
  • edited 7 November 2012 at 12:51PM
    festool_frankfestool_frank Forumite
    10 Posts
    edited 7 November 2012 at 12:51PM
    R_T_Jones wrote: »
    I like many others have in (my opinion) been cheated by this company. Over a Kitchen.

I have won a County Court Judgement against the proprietor.

Does anyone have an address for the above named person that I can give to the Bailiffs to enforce
    the judgement. I believe he lives somewhere in the Manchester area.
    I have been told the show room in Miles Platting M'Chester has closed down, but company is still running, as I spoke on the phone to them today.

I will report back on how I get on for the benefit of others, who may wish to take Court action against Kitchen Uber.

Best Wishes
    Richard

well richard..you may want to try Czech republic ;)
  • I have had my kitchen from 'kitchen über' for 10 months and already I have had to get builders in so we can rip out the work and start again ......found out that the contractors that über got to fit the kitchen superglued my sink down ... Left gapping holes at the back of my sink ... Fitted my oven so close to my cupboard unit that my cupboard has completely melted ...... Complete frauds

can superglue hold a sink down becky?

it seems rather an expensive way in my opinion...
    when you consider the perimeter surface area of the sink and the cost of a small bottle superglue, they must have used so many bottles!

I can tell you that the sinks are not supplied with compression seals, in my experience, and thus the fitter will ask for £5 for a seal from B&Q
    some people seem to think that this is expensive and it should have been provided and get all outraged at this 'extra' cost..but most understand that there will inevitably be extra costs to make the kitchen installation much better quality.

the cupboards are 18mm very low grade chipboard and are edged in 2mm plastic..
    are you sure it has completely melted? or is not just the edging which has melted?
    this can be due to using the grill without the heat deflector plate provided with most ovens..

I have not seen it so cannot pass judgement, I am merely surmising given the information provided in your post.

did you start a case with trading standards?
  • After nearly being convinced to buy a really cheap kitchen from a company called SOLIDWOOODKITCHENS.co.uk I thought that it was too good to be true and googled the phone number and discovered that there are many kitchen company manes operation from this number and the amount of complaints were astonishing. Kitchens Uber & Solidwood kitchens are all owned by the notorious low life scam artist that is Vance Miller ( google his name ) nuff said and everyone should avoid and Google should take heed and barr his companies.....Ps. why havent the INLAND REVENUE had a look at this cash only operation as the evasion issues is staring at them ...AVOID !

lol
    I heard he pays google around £300K per year for advertising..do you think google will kill such a cash cow?
  • edited 1 June 2012 at 5:35AM
    festool_frankfestool_frank Forumite
    10 Posts
    edited 1 June 2012 at 5:35AM
    Mister_BC wrote: »
    The one time I don't check a company out online is the one time I get screwed. I too am facing a situation where money has changed hands but doors and plinths are missing, the units are of dubious quality, the screws and fixtures appear to have been assembled from a random job lot and phones calls are casually fobbed off to a customer services number that never answers. And emails are returned as undeliverable. Can't we all gang together and launch some sort of class action against this cowboy outfit?

My advice is this..
    if someone is selling a product so cheap that you think it too good to be true..it probably is an inferior product to the others.

I personally dont like cheap shoes and would never contemplate wearing them..yet some people do.

each to their own.

I must say that 99% of the people I have fitted these kitchens for were delighted with the final result..after lots of phoning and being cut off!
    I think for the money they are just ok, a five year kitchen at best..but for the price, you can buy a new one every 5 years ;)

edit:
    ps I wouldnt buy one :)

I would be very interested to know the figures..
    sales volumes divided by complaints
  • Hi,I too have a ccj against these rogues.The address the summons was sent to is :Devonshire House,36.George Street, Manchester M1 4HA.It was received here as they asked for a recall on 29/5/12 but of course never had the balls to show!!! Are you any further on? I'm in Scotland & help with the facebook page....Vance Miller must be stopped.Have a look as we are trying to do something about this creature!!!!
  • You have got to be the joiner who built Noahs Ark!!!!! Otherwise it's impossible to join one of these 'kitchens' (joke) together!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides