All my good intentions......

Options

Comments

• Learning2Budget
    Options
    Thanks Rising.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options

So i am preparing for the new year. Today i blitz the house and hit the tip. All the cardboard waste is unbelievable, amazing what they put in with kids toys.
    So that is all going then Im off to town to pay in christmas cheques and post my (3 page) letter of complaint about my boiler service!
    Then home to batch cook for next week as I'll be on nights and i don't need to think about it then.
    Have resurrected my fly lady app ready for new year and we are hoping that OH will be fit for work by end of January if his counselling continues. His wage drops at the start of the month so i am picking up extras. Hopefully I've covered enough shifts to clear the bills. Although reading back i can see its a recurring theme in my posts so i am obviously stressing about it. L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    1750 days.

Happy New year guys.
    So i have hit the new year running. House is getting tidier, debt is getting lower and little by little OH is getting better. Lots of ideas in the pipeline to make extra pennies but whilst i am fluttering the house looks bare. Need to learn to accessories cos it looks more like we are squatting than it actually being ours. Lol.

Bed calls. Night campers. L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    1719 days.

So, where are we now?? Hoping OH may make it back to work in few weeks time. Until then i am working any overtime going to cover his loss of earnings and Im !!!!!!! exhausted!! However, we are still covering all our bills. Due our budget review next month with stepchange so need to start updating all my figures. Hoping i may be able to up payments to them.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Learning2Budget Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    Options
    Been a while so thought id update.
    OH has finally returned to work, feeling a lot better so that's a positive. Also heard back about my heating policy, i was set to speak with financial ombudsman but they rang the day before i could escalate and offered me a little three figure sum as compensation. Means we can get a leak fixed and stash some in our depleted emergency fund.
    Need to urgently look at budget today to contact stepchange.

Feeling more positive than i have in a long time. So now hoping to reduce debftfree date to just 3 years. Wish me luck. L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Stepchange contacted. We are now 47 months till dfd BUT barclaycard still charging us interest!! However i will do everything in my power to get this down to 3 years. I am so fed up of being on a dmp that i am spurred on to get out of it. Every penny will be saved up in attempt to hit that date sooner. OH is completely on board now. We are on a mission!!!!!x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Staying on the motivation theme......7 months and we are halfway through our debt!!! Taken nearly 6 years to get this point but hopefully only 3.9 years left on it! 10 years of our lives have been taken up by this. I have every intention of over paying ourmortgage after and living a life again that is DEBT FREE!!!
    L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Ouch halfterm bites!!! The kids have been good but the weather hasn't. Only so much you can do whilst a bitter wind is nipping. So i have over spent but the budget hasn't overly suffered. I am still staying focused despite ill health. OH is fully back at work now so that is a blessing.
    I am desperately trying to figure out how to up our income (whilst still maintaining some life) so that i can increase our dmp payments!

I want to be debtfree!!!

L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Hello back with a bit of an update. I've got a temporary promotion which may lead to a permanent post. So more money for debt busting!!! We've got approximately 3 months and we hit £25000 which i know in some peoples eyes is still a lot of money.....in my eyes its still a lot of money but the debt is shrinking!! That's approx 20k paid off and just over 3 yearsleft till we hit df status!!!!

Feeling optimistic, although have just had to shell out for white goods cos they have finally broken down after repeated fixing!! However i have borrowed the money for this out of my daughters savings and will repay over the next 3 months so i refuse to even touch our emergency fund!!!

We are heading in the right direction finally!!! L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    1472 days till we are debt free. Been a bit lost recently. Now attempting to get back on track. Finally below the 25k barrier!!!! L2B.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure