PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

White vinegar threads

Options

Comments

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    im sure in morriosons it is not sure why it isnt
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am glad i am not the only person having trouble trying to buy White Vinegar ! I have got a friend to get me some from the cash + carry.

My local Tesco is hopeless !
    I cant get Maxwell House instant powder coffee,because my Tesco says no 1 had been buying it,so they stopped selling it.Strange that,because i know a lot of people that used to buy it.

I have not had a decent cup of coffee since April ! I think i email Maxwell House,see what they say .
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CCStar wrote:
    Why isn't it called white vinegar?

Because it isn't white? :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    As many people have said on here before, the best place to get white vinegar is Chinese supermarkets as they sell 5 litre plastic bottles for under a fiver.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I couldn't find white vinegar so bought the clear stuff with pickling spices in it!!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it should be withn the other vinegars well in morrisons it is, its also good for limescale, if you put sum onto a piece of kitchen towel and put that into a sandwhich bag and tie the bag round a tap with some string and leave if for a few hours it will get rid of limescale
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • nicola1982_2
    Options
    I've seen one on the Asda website so I'll pop in when I can. Or maybe I'll just visit Sainsburys on the way home from work!!! OH works in complemantary medicines (including aromatherapy) so have plenty of essential oils to mix for fabric softner!
    £4000 challenge

Currently leftover - £3872.15
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hmc wrote:
    hello

thanks to reading this site i tracked down some white vinegar

today i put some in fabric slot in washer and ran a 90o wash
    and put some in a cup and stood it in bottom shelf of dishwasher(empty load)
    and ran a 60o wash

looks fab clean

did i do it right? and how often should i do it as we are in very hard watrer area

thankyou

Most people recommend a maintenance wash for the washing amchine about once a month. This is especially true if you normally wash at 30 or 40°C.

Personally I'd only use vinegar in these washes about every second or third month.

AND...

The big one...

See the first posts in this thread:-

Thrifty Ways book - revisions or updates?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can you use it in washer machines too
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you mean a washing machine (laundry) or a pressure washer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family