We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Confectionary for bloke?

1…1718202223…34

Comments

  • I actually enjoy them! :whistle:
    Ex board guide. Signature now changed (if you know, you know).
  • I actually enjoy them! :whistle:
    Nooooo! That's not right! :eek:
    TL
  • Anyway, enough for me tonight...more tomorrow. Tune in Toxic...I'm bound to need your help with the TD.

    Night all! :wave:
    Well, I won't be around until the afternoon as I'm off to Foodies' Paradise, aka Borough Market at 7.30am! But happy to assist later on - in fact, I'll looking forward to it! :T
    TL
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Right, it's now the afternoon! :D Where are ya TL? :rotfl:

    I'm probably going to have to go out around 4pm-ish, so I'm going to tackle the TD now, and the rum truffles later.

    I have just tried my first white chocolate and cardamom truffle. The icing sugar has formed a very thin "shell", and has made them a little easier to handle. They are really light and fluffy - I'm well chuffed! :D I'm going to give them another dusting of icing sugar, as this seems to help. :cool:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • Twinny99
    Twinny99 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'm going to tackle the TD now

    I have just tried my first white chocolate and cardamom truffle. The icing sugar has formed a very thin "shell", and has made them a little easier to handle. They are really light and fluffy - I'm well chuffed! :D I'm going to give them another dusting of icing sugar, as this seems to help. :cool:


    YIPPEE Im about to be tackled :T :T :T

    Glad the truffles are better today Mr BE!
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Morning TD, just having a :coffee: first. :D
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Help, please!

    "In a second large heavy saucepan over medium heat, stir together 225g (8oz) cornflour and the cream of tartar. Gradually stir in the remaining water until no lumps remain. "

    This makes no sense, as it implies you start with a dry mix. That can't be right - what do I do? :confused:

    The syrup is simmering.......
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • Twinny99
    Twinny99 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The cornflour is dry isn't it?? :confused:
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Twinny99 wrote:
    The cornflour is dry isn't it?? :confused:

    Yes, so I don't want to be putting that into a pan with no liquid, do I? :confused:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • Twinny99
    Twinny99 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    WHERE ARE ALL THE COOKS WHEN YOU NEED THEM?????

    Rikki? Jobbing Musician?? Toxic Lemon?? Anyone?????
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.