Populus Live

Options

Comments

• sonicetomeetyou
    Options
    I signed up to Populus Live in January. I was offered a few surveys which I didn't qualify for. Then I got one which I managed to complete. That was on the 25th of January and I haven't been offered a single survey since. Is this normal?
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Yes they send few surveys to me too with a decent payout. Since October I only managed to get 16 points.
    ally.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I love it because this one seems to pay the most, but I don't get loads of surveys and most are about voting. I've been a member for about 8 months and I'm just reaching the threshold for my 1st payout. TBH I find their ones easy to wiz through, mainly because the options are easy to click on, unlike some of them ( mingle and ipsos) which have tiny tick boxes so I have to carefully place the tick in the right place and that takes more time than this one.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That was weird, just as I wrote that, I got invited to a survey from them!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • sirindah
    Options
    Just got my first cheque! Unfortunately when I registered I only use my initials and never got round to changing it. The cheque therefore didn't have my full name and the bank wouldn't let me cash it :sad:

I have emailed them about reissuing a cheque, but have not yet heard back. Surely they must have seen when the cheque was going out that it was not a full name, and should have alerted me. I have a feeling they're going to say it's my own fault (understandably) and not reissue the cheque so they can keep the cash themselves. Has anyone been in my position? Are they quite understanding?
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Some bank assistants are more strict than others. Is it worth trying to pay the cheque into another account, or try another assistant? Good luck
  • Guacamole321
    Options
    sirindah wrote: »
    Just got my first cheque! Unfortunately when I registered I only use my initials and never got round to changing it. The cheque therefore didn't have my full name and the bank wouldn't let me cash it :sad:

I have emailed them about reissuing a cheque, but have not yet heard back. Surely they must have seen when the cheque was going out that it was not a full name, and should have alerted me. I have a feeling they're going to say it's my own fault (understandably) and not reissue the cheque so they can keep the cash themselves. Has anyone been in my position? Are they quite understanding?

Populus always email a few days ahead of sending a cheque, asking you to sign in and double check your details in case of any changes - maybe you missed the email? Hopefully you can get it sorted out, either with a replacement cheque or by trying again with the bank - is it worth taking the cheque back along with the letter from Populus, so the bank can see it was sent straight to your address?
  • LittleVoice
    Options
    sirindah wrote: »

Do you mean that the cheque is made out to just your initials as the payee and there is no family name given?

They seem to issue cheques once a month. That is, they check at the end of a month for those who have reached £50 and then send out cheques in the following couple of weeks. Perhaps they will simply wait till the next cheque run (first half of January).

Have you now been able to change it online so that it is clear for the future?
  • Guacamole321
    Options
    Bobskibob wrote: »
    i would have joined if if it was 5 or 10 cashout .. 50 seems too high

The payments for their surveys are way higher than for other sites though, and the screen-out rate is very low.
  • frales
    frales Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I have been with them a couple of years. I have had four or five cheques from them for £50 each. Money for old rope.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback