Populus Live

Options

Comments

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When I say I get screened out, I mean I answer about 10 questions they ask me and then it will come up with a screen saying I'm not eligible for the survey and have been entered in to a £250 prize draw! I would love to win this £250 as that would make it all better but they don't tell you when the draw is or anything....if it even exists
    Is it once a year or once in a lifetime or one draw for every survey they send out? Does anyone know?

I live in Lancashire and receive very few survey invitations from Populus. Maybe they just don't like the north of England :D

In agreement about the ambiguous prize draw, and when/if it is actually drawn and the winner announced.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have just been checking the FAQs at Populus, and found the following information -

http://www.populuslive.com/FAQs.aspx#eligible

Who is eligible to be entered into the monthly prize draw?

Members who ultimately screen out of a survey; either as a consequence of us having already fulfilled our requirement for a similar profile of participant or simply not meeting the eligibility criteria for a particular survey. Entry is not granted for those who fail due to one of the inbuilt quality control checks.

How many prizes will there be for the monthly prize draw?

There will be one £250 prize each month.

When will the prize draw take place?
    The prize draw will take place on the second Monday of each calendar month

If I win the prize draw how will I be notified and when will I receive my prize?

Winners will be notified by email and the names of the winners will also be posted on the populuslive website. Winners will receive their prize within 4 weeks of the draw taking place.

If I win the prize draw in what format will I receive my prize?
    Prizes will be sent as a cheque.

Good luck!
  • woodmally1979
    Options
    Hello,

It is legit survey company and this subject been disscussed here before. Only thing they dont send out surveys very often. Previous thread about different survey sites including populuslive is there: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3034918

Yes they are legit. I use them. Them and yougov are the best!:T
  • fatavril
    fatavril Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 1 August 2014 at 12:28PM
    Options
    I get emailed links to surveys from them and when I complete the survey it doesn't show on my earnings?

Is anyone else having this problem? Maybe there is a delay in it being credited or something?
    Trying to be debt free, as soon as can be! :wave:

Debt at start £8509.07 :eek:

Debt now £8509.07
    :shocked:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some surveys have a delay of up to 24 hours, some more.

Last night I completed a £4 survey which didn't show up until after midnight.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm heartily sick of Populus:mad:

Every time I'm invited to do a survey I complete about 10 questions (sometimes including fairly long lists of options etc) and in my opinion as long as the complete surveys from some other companies, only to be screened out with something like my particular demographic is now full.

I feel they are getting a lot of 'free' information from me:(. I'm screened out of other companies' surveys too from time to time but nothing like this, it's EVERY time with Populus.
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok
    I got to 50 points after nearly 2 years!!!
    Now my balance says 0
    Please please please tell me they have not done me over :(
  • SBOSlayer
    SBOSlayer Posts: 69 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2014 at 5:14PM
    Options
    tanya2014 wrote: »
    Ok
    Now my balance says 0

Most likely they're sending you £50 Cheque :) This happened to me, congrats :beer: - I still quiet like them, got my first £50 this year and been at it for 6 months and sitting at £29 now.

"The system is automated so you don`t need to redeem or claim your rewards. They are processed automatically. You only need to keep your details updated so we can send your rewards to the correct address. "

"Cheques are being issued in the beginning of each month. This means that if you have reached 50 points in May, your cheque will be issued in the beginning of June"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tanya2014 wrote: »
    Ok
    Now my balance says 0

This happens on the 1st of the month and your cheque should arrive within 10 days. My cheque last month arrived around the 9th.
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Slayer and Katy Kicker
    I bloody hope so!
    I dont think I will continue with Populus after I have received and banked my cheque. Its just too much like bloody hard work.
    I have never seen anything like it!!!
    Compared to companies like Pinecone who are so generous!! (After 3 surveys you have enough for a £10 voucher which I use on food, and as everyone has to eat I count that as money, especially as my favourite supermarket is included in there voucher choices)
    They make it so much easier and sometimes you get to test stuff at home.
    I have also gone off Valued Opinions.
    Anyway thanks again guys. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport