Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 1095

New Post Advanced Search

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 740.8K views

Replies

• FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    No freezer movements.
    Last dinner at home for a week - off to see family.
    For dinner we had HM Spinach Quiche + Bovril Couscous + roasted carrots, celery, onion and tomatoes.

Thursdaysdinner_zps74335f4e.jpg
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • Gonzo1987Gonzo1987 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    In - some wraps, we'd used some already, I wanted to save the rest for another meal.

Out - nothing from freezer but making tikka wraps with veg out the fridge and store cupboard bits, just need to buy some quorn pieces.
  • Mince out freezer and putting 2 or 3 portions of bolognaise in and popped some sliced mushrooms in too.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • SoworriedSoworried Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I join back in please? I need to do a freezer inventory in the morning as I really don't know what I have in there. I know there is at least a full chicken, some steaks and some fish but as it is full to bursting there must be more that I can make meals from.
    I have some lentil soup bubbling away now for lunch tomorrow. I will pull some buns out of the freezer to go with it.
    I really need to stop spending money and use what we have in.
    I hope everyone is well, it has been months since I have been on here.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Gonzo1987Gonzo1987 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Out - veggie burgers and chips ( that's the plan anyway) also a Warburton thin for lunch nothing in hopefully. Freezer is starting to look bare! But will be doing batch cooking soon. So will fill quickly.
  • zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Soworried:- Welcome back, I remember you from around spring time when I was originally posting. I too have had a main part of the Summer off but like yourself I need to get things under control.

Freezer movements:-
    Nothing out - sad
    Home grown chestnuts in, not that I grew them, there just happens to be 3 very large sweet chestnuts on this place bursting with nuts so I collect a bucket full a day of nuts in their husks and process them. It give me a plastic container full (the sort you et from the chinese takeaways) and the spikey husks - I put them down fox holes. I have chickens so everything I can do to discourage them makes me feel better. :)
  • Kirri, waitrose finally got back to me, sent me £16 worthbif vouchers.

I'll save £10 voucher for Christmas treats, i took £6 out to get a few treats, ended up buying stuff for the food bank, as they were there today, got a reduced glade candle and quite a few bits.
    I'm having a chilli today, got some reduced chilli packs so I'm having one today with rice, veg and a bit of garlic bread.

I'm gonna make a pear loaf tomorrow :-) I have everything I need l, Just need to remember to defrost the milk.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • SoworriedSoworried Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Zafiro:)

Today we have taken out one portion of fish pie, and two beef grillsteaks. Nothing has went in. There is enough soup left for tomorrow for lunch and I have prepared a casserole for dinner.

I never had chance to do an inventory but I will at some point tomorrow.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • O.k your not going to believe this, I bought some sides from Mr w today with the vouchers, I got a cabbage and creamy bacon side, well there is no Bacon, but there is a Now cooked maggot.

Shall I complain again? I'm a bit disgusted, but fear they won't believe because I have Just finished complaining.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • tootallulahtootallulah Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely yes, how disgusting. I would email immediately and send them the batch details etc from the box.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support