Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour.

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing more to add on this yet, but am wondering if the Adjudicator received anything from HFC yet, he did previously state he will give them until the end of the day 30th (today) and if he hears nothing he will chase them up).

Just left wondering now............lol.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Am tempted to email again:o, have not heard anything up to now, but maybe I am not being patient enough, but to know if the adjudicator have heard anything would help.

Wonder if they (HFC) did get back to the adjudicator by yesterday - the deadline??:think:

What do you reckon I should do? :D;) cheers.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Am tempted to email again:o, have not heard anything up to now, but maybe I am not being patient enough, but to know if the adjudicator have heard anything would help.

Wonder if they (HFC) did get back to the adjudicator by yesterday - the deadline??:think:

What do you reckon I should do? :D;) cheers.
    Personally I would email them Di. If she gave until yesterday then she should have had a reply as of yesterday. It cannot do any harm can it?
  • di3004
    edited 1 July 2011 at 12:14PM
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Personally I would email them Di. If she gave until yesterday then she should have had a reply as of yesterday. It cannot do any harm can it?

Cheers Marshallka

Done and received an email, not a lot said really, I am not holding out much hope though.
    I do try to get more out of him, but he never says a great deal, but even if this fails I'm sure I can still have this reviewed by the FOS, where our own deadline to consider this was yesterday, he is already aware we want to go this direction, and thought from there it will now be in the queue for the ombudsman where it would be from the ombudsman himself or herself to send out the letters??
    I was thinking if this did fail with the adjudicator, maybe the letter he is writing to us - in hope we change our mind not to go to the ombudsman??

Email received here......

Dear Mr and Mrs
    HFC contacted me yesterday and I will be sending you a letter early next week.
    Yours sincerely
    Ma
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 E: @financial-ombudsman.org.uk
  • marshallka
    Options
    Cheers Marshallka

Done and received an email, not a lot said really, I am not holding out much hope though.
    I do try to get more out of him, but he never says a great deal, but even if this fails I'm sure I can still have this reviewed by the FOS, where our own deadline to consider this was yesterday, he is already aware we want to go this direction, and thought from there it will now be in the queue for the ombudsman where it would be from the ombudsman himself or herself to send out the letters??
    I was thinking if this did fail with the adjudicator, maybe the letter he is writing to us - in hope we change our mind not to go to the ombudsman??

Email received here......

Dear Mr and Mrs
    HFC contacted me yesterday and I will be sending you a letter early next week.
    Yours sincerely
    Ma
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 E: @financial-ombudsman.org.uk
    You will just have to wait then Di. If they say that HFC have denied selling it or having anything to do with selling it shall you put about the ombudsman's balance of probabilities as it seems to me (and I bet others too) that going on this theory Click did not sell it (even if they say they did) as you applied without PPI???? It was then added AFTER Click's involvement??

That is of course unless FOS actually only use that one against a consumer!!! (which seems to be the case as everything that a firm actually "says" is listened to.
  • di3004
    Options
    You will just have to wait then Di. If they say that HFC have denied selling it or having anything to do with selling it shall you put about the ombudsman's balance of probabilities as it seems to me (and I bet others too) that going on this theory Click did not sell it (even if they say they did) as you applied without PPI???? It was then added AFTER Click's involvement??

Thanks Marshallka

Yes that's right, and have the click application to prove it.;)

It was Endeavour/HFC who sent me copies of the application form and am aware they would have to the adjudicator too.

And as I also already had a copy within the SAR its the same with no ppi, would find it odd if an application suddenly turned up to the FOS with it ticked all of a sudden.
  • di3004
    Options
    When the adjudicator says contacted him yesterday,I wonder if this was a phone call then.

Shouldn't they provide written evidence just like we did (in black and white)?
    After all they don't take sides do they? lol.
    And should consider evidence provided by both parties.
  • marshallka
    Options
    When the adjudicator says contacted him yesterday,I wonder if this was a phone call then.

Shouldn't they provide written evidence just like we did (in black and white)?
    After all they don't take sides do they? lol.
    And should consider evidence provided by both parties.
    No course they don't take sides!! (or should not do!!!!)

I would want evidence as to what the firm is saying as truth because it could come down to your "word" against their word and on the balance of probability you have more evidence that it was NOT sold by Click. How can they agree with this if you have paperwork? That is not really being fair to the consumer is it and to me it IS taking sides..................that of the firms.

Someone has to pay you back your money. You are not bothered who it is but justice needs to be done here.
  • di3004
    Options
    No course they don't take sides!! (or should not do!!!!)

I would want evidence as to what the firm is saying as truth because it could come down to your "word" against their word and on the balance of probability you have more evidence that it was NOT sold by Click. How can they agree with this if you have paperwork? That is not really being fair to the consumer is it and to me it IS taking sides..................that of the firms.

Someone has to pay you back your money. You are not bothered who it is but justice needs to be done here.

Cheers Marshallka.

Will see what they come back with then, but if its not good I will also be asking for concrete evidence, as the adjudicator did us a few weeks back.;)
  • marshallka
    Options
    Cheers Marshallka.

Will see what they come back with then, but if its not good I will also be asking for concrete evidence, as the adjudicator did us a few weeks back.;)
    And its only fair though Di. I am sure you will win.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure