MSE News: Consumers to get free credit reports from Callcredit

Options

Comments

• money_fool
    money_fool Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I have just compared a couple of defaulted accounts between Experian and the Call Credit reports.

In the Experian version it has all the correct data and list the account as ‘Settled’. This is the same status Experian have given to accounts that were settled without any issues or defaults and there is a nice green graphic to represent that. The Experian graphics show a grid with a date range as axis so its quite clear when the account was settled and the time that has elapsed since (lots of blank space)

In the Call Credit report the same account is shown a ‘Satisfied’. This is not the same status as other accounts that were settled without any issues or defaults – there are marked as ‘settled’ with a nice blue graphic. Having checked the Call Credit ‘key’ for all the graphics they use there is not one for the status ‘satisfied’.

So, on the Call Credit site you have a string of nasty looking black ‘default’ graphics every time the account information is updated with ‘satisfied’ rather than ‘settled’. The text information is correct – it’s just the visuals which are a bit worrying.

An example of this is one account I have that defaulted but was ‘settled/satisfied at AD time. On the Experian report there is a single default graphic and then some months later a single green ‘settled’ graphic – and lots of empty boxes since then.

On the Call Credit report there is a long line of black ‘default ‘ graphics (as they don’t have a satisfied one) up to the last update. As this particular account seems to be reporting a status of satisfied every month it looks like the line will continue to grow until they stop – I guess at the six year mark.

I’m not sure if this is technically wrong from the defaulted account holders point of view or a way the different CRA applying the rules.

What do you think?
  • money_fool
    Options
    Hi again
    just realised that I am only seeing the actual Call Credit report and not the actual Noddle one - sorry folks, guess I have to wait for my Noddle access details to arrive
  • mynameisclare
    Options
    When I registered on the call credit site yesterday, it said I would have to wait for a pin to be sent to my address for identity verification. But I still got the noddle password today, and was able to log in and view my noddle credit report. Weird.

Anyway, it all seemed to be as expected and had picked up my previous address.
  • money_fool
    Options
    Speak of the Devil - just received the login email

As jamesd said - the Noddle report is pretty standard without the graphics. Looked accurate when compared to the actual Call Credit one I saw earlier today.

Sorry for mixing them up
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got my password also and logged in.

More detail on noddle than callcredit, but data is consistent.

Pleased to see my credit rating is 5/5 :T

My confidence rating (i.e. chance of successful application) is 9 or 8 out of 10 for most of the financial products (credit cards) shown which is surprising as my income is very low. Wonder if they only show products where your chance of successfully applying is high :question:

Presumably the confidence rating is quite useful as it stops you applying for something that you have limited chance of getting which could then affect your credit rating.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • Lonewolf_2
    Options
    mcjordi wrote: »
    im trying atm fermi its trying to charge me £12 atm :(

This because you have been have read the article and followed the link to the parent website. That will charge you £12. :eek:

Worse that the overcharging they send your login details out by post :mad:

Total amateurs that over charge. No wonder they need noodle.co.uk to drum up some business.

Standby the all the spam folks.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know how often your report updates via Noddle?

I got mine on the 21st of July and logging in today it is still showing that as the date of the search.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Enfieldian wrote: »
    Does anyone know how often your report updates via Noddle?

I got mine on the 21st of July and logging in today it is still showing that as the date of the search.

Once per month.

Presumably that is going to be one of the differences with this free service?

The free one will only update once a month, while if you pay you will be able to get an updated report every day.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys

Just had to search for this thread as I will be joining the trial in a few weeks apparently.

So is it any good? I was literally about to sign up and pay for my experian report but will Noddle pull up that info anyways? I have my equifax report and I have managed to make it all green apart from my electoral roll thingy which will change next month - horray! However now that I have managed to make my equifax all pretty I'm scared experian will bite me on the bum with new info (I am assuming my gym membership will be on there as it's not on equifax - does things like car insurance show? as that's not on there) but the biggy scary accounts are all groovy and up to date on equifax :)

some heads up would be LOVELY :D
    xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 August 2011 at 1:23PM
    Options
    rdchick wrote: »
    So is it any good? I was literally about to sign up and pay for my experian report but will Noddle pull up that info anyways?
    Unfortunately, Callcredit (Noddle) is the least used by finance companies for searches. My Noddle account shows no search history at all except the one made during the Noddle application.

When you say "sign up" to Experian, do you mean their expensive paid-for offering? You can get a one-off Experian statutory credit report for just £2. It can be difficult to find the link to it on their homepage but you may need to scroll down to around the middle of the page to find it (I think it's to the right in a box).

Edit
    You can find the application for the Experian statutory credit report <here>
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure