MSE News: Consumers to get free credit reports from Callcredit

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
115 replies 29.7K views

Replies

• PurplePowPurplePow Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have to wait for a PIN number to come through the post - is that what everyone else has to wait for?
  • ConsumeristConsumerist Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    GemmaC25 wrote: »
    I have to wait for a PIN number to come through the post - is that what everyone else has to wait for?
    According to their second email :-
    Once you've successfully verified your identity and accessed your credit report we'll send you your personal password to access your Noddle account.
    Maybe that's what they meant but they do seem to be leaving us a bit in the dark about their processing.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for the Noddle password now. :undecided
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Call Credit report returns the same accounts as Equifax but has some credit checks that do not appear on Equifax, Aviva and HBOS.
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    fermi wrote: »
    Waiting for the Noddle password now. :undecided
    I haven't heard of anyone yet reporting they're up and running on the Noddle account - only on the CallCredit site.

Anyone care to confirm, please, that they are up and running on the real <Noddle site> ?
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard of anyone yet reporting they're up and running on the Noddle account - only on the CallCredit site.

Anyone care to confirm, please, that they are up and running on the real <Noddle site> ?

The previous post from jamesd suggests they might have done?

Unless "viewed via noddle" actually refers to the callcredit report generated by the sign-up on the callcreditcheck site?

Hard to say for sure....
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    fermi wrote: »
    Hard to say for sure....
    Yes, I think there has been some confusion (see above) about which site people are getting their credit report from. I suspect that some people think they have logged into Noddle when, in fact, they have only logged in to CallCredit.

It would be nice to get some confirmation that Noddle is live with Noddle accounts (and not CallCredit).
  • edited 19 July 2011 at 9:51PM
    jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2011 at 9:51PM
    I didn't use the Noddle site except by following the signup link in their come and join us now email, which took me to the Call Credit site via their referrer link. I haven't used either a password sent by Noddle or the one I gave when setting up the account, because no password was needed to get to the report, except the one I was asked to supply when signing up.

It's entirely possible that the Noddle site would use something else and that the process misled me into using the Call Credit paid for service instead of the Noddle one. No sign of a charge on the credit card I used so far, though. (shrug) I'll find out soon enough if a charge shows up.

However, do pay attention to this in the Noddle signup email instructions:

What will happen next?

Once you've successfully verified your identity and accessed your credit report we'll send you your personal password to access your Noddle account.

So at this point I've done what they said: signed up and accessed my credit report. I'm now waiting for them to send me my personal password so I can access my Noddle account. Not sure why they would send me another password when I already had to give one during signup, but this is a trial...

I suggest that others wait for clarity, though.
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jamesd wrote: »
    . . . So at this point I've done what they said: signed up and accessed my credit report. I'm now waiting for them to send me my personal password so I can access my Noddle account. Not sure why they would send me another password when I already had to give one during signup, but this is a trial...
    Thanks jamesd for the clarification. I'm beginning to suspect that no-one has yet received a Noddle password.

We wait with bated breath.
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jamesd wrote: »
    . . . but this is a trial...
    Yes, in more ways than one, methinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides