Nintendo WII wanted (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm looking for a drum kit for the Wii, the one that goes with Rock Band and Lego Rock Band. Being only a clueless mum though I'm getting confused at the different variations of drums that seem to have been produced, not to mention the generic kits that seen to be availible. Ideally though I'd like the "proper" one, whatever that is, either new at a fair price or second hand. Any ideas or sources, svp?
    Val.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2011 at 10:31AM
    Options
    I don't know anything about Nintendo Wii but my mum wants to buy one for my brothers Xmas present and wants some more info, such as what you need to get started, if you need to buy additional accessories etc and the best games?

Any good deals about at the moment on the high street?

You can also get a pre-owned wii for £49.97 from Gamestop if you don't have much luck with cash generator.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/37172_Wii_Wii_Console.aspx

Free standard shipping as well.

Incidentally, cash generator's can be contacted on 08000 50 12 50 or 01204 574 444 if you need any information on product warranties. Or try emailing customerenquiries@cashgenerator.co.uk
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know of any latest deals? Missed out on the £80 deals a while back!!
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • bigmomma051204
    Options
    I know there are lots of deals out there but just wondered if anyone knows the cheapest place/best deal for a Wii console or package?
    Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?
  • SmileySteve92
    Options
    Have a look on ebay. You should be able to get one at a reasonable price there.
  • bigmomma051204
    Options
    Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why has post #1250 not been reported as SPAM, or to the Abuse team?
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know there are lots of deals out there but just wondered if anyone knows the cheapest place/best deal for a Wii console or package?

Most of the new Nintendo Wii Games ask for the wiimote to have the WiiMotion adaptor. This is the piece that fits into the bottom of the remote.

As i remember, Wii Play was £30 some years ago, this came with a free Wiimote.

On eBay, you can purchase a Wii Induction Charger, this charges the wiimotes without removing the case, or plugging them in. You just need to lay the wiimotes on the curved pad. They come with induction battery packs. The price was about £16-17 delivered.

Nun-chucks, loads on eBay/Amazon delivered for £7 new.

WiiMotion Adaptors, i picked up a foreign adaptor new for about £12 delivered. The adaptor does not know languages, and i did not care if the box was german.

Cannot think of anything else right now, sorry.
  • elephantnuke
    Options
    There's a lot of money to be saved in video games. Use a local classifieds to buy a used console. Wii is so old now you can get some amazing deals with extra controllers and used games (people getting ride of everything at once). This is what I do to save a lot on xbox games (buy them in bunches, used).

Make sure you try everything out first!
  • yeslek
    yeslek Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a lot of money to be saved in video games. Use a local classifieds to buy a used console. Wii is so old now you can get some amazing deals with extra controllers and used games (people getting ride of everything at once). This is what I do to save a lot on xbox games (buy them in bunches, used).

Make sure you try everything out first!

my only concern is the life span. How durable are Wii's?
    I'm a long time ps3->ps3 user and have been through 2 machines for both models, never with one lasting longer than about 5/6 years so if the Wii life expectancy is about the same, I'd rather purchase brand new than risk most of the Wii's life already being over
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure