Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• woodface7
    woodface7 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quidco rep - please clarify the unacceptably ambiguous wording of the Highest Cashback Guarantee:
    "The higher cashback rate must be identified within 72 hours of the member’s original purchase." That could mean a rate on TCB on Wednesday can be compared with one you earned on Quidco on Monday?

I suspect you mean must be REPORTED within 72 hours. If so, it should say so.

The reason given me by CS was that "this is due to us not having a record of our competitor's rates." How bizarre. This suggests you record them for 72 hours then wipe them. Why?

I only learned of this rather important rule, (which is slyly buried in the small print) when I had a claim made 75 hours post-purchase rejected. Happily it was only pennies.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    raheelf wrote: »
    Looking for some help in claiming my cashback from RAC via quidco.
    I bought the policy on 14th September via quidco and looking for £75 cashback. But came to know that on 29th Dec 2016 that it has been declined by RAC. Any advice regarding claiming cashback or cancelling the policy would be highly appreciated.

Hey @raheelf,

Thanks for your post.

Sure we can help with that :)

Simply let a member of our support team know via the 'Support tab" on your account, or alternatively shoot us a quick DM/ Private message on twitter or Facebook complete with the email address on your account and we'll happily help you raise that claim as soon as we can.

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    Options
    woodface7 wrote: »
    Quidco rep - please clarify the unacceptably ambiguous wording of the Highest Cashback Guarantee:
    "The higher cashback rate must be identified within 72 hours of the member’s original purchase." That could mean a rate on TCB on Wednesday can be compared with one you earned on Quidco on Monday?

I suspect you mean must be REPORTED within 72 hours. If so, it should say so.

The reason given me by CS was that "this is due to us not having a record of our competitor's rates." How bizarre. This suggests you record them for 72 hours then wipe them. Why?

I only learned of this rather important rule, (which is slyly buried in the small print) when I had a claim made 75 hours post-purchase rejected. Happily it was only pennies.

Hi @woodface7,

Thanks for your post and feedback.

I have taken a look at the wording of the Terms & Conditions and I can understand how that comes across as ambiguous.

Please be assured that this is not our intention, as we always aim to help members be well informed before using any of our services.

We use the 72 hours after a Highest Cashback Guarantee claim is raised to verify the rate in question. We will not erase the rate 72 hours after being made aware of it.

Nevertheless, I will pass this on to the admin team for review so a change to the wording is considered (to avoid any further confusion).

Thanks once again for your post.

Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • andydbooth
    Options
    I have eventually managed to obtain the £122 that was owed after changing my email address. I requested this and a further £1.71 be exchanged for amazon vouchers (£122.59 and £1.71) on 19th and 20th December.
    I have had no emails with the voucher codes and have sent 2 emails via the site to chase them up. It took almost 3 months to get the funds owed to me in the first place, I do not really want to have to wait another 3 months for the voucher codes.
    I will seriously be looking at topcashback as an alternative if these are the problems faced by quidco users!
    Options
    Hi @andydbooth

Thank you for your post here and I'm sorry to hear there was a delay in receiving your payment.

Once an Amazon voucher has been requested this is sent directly to a member's email inbox within 24 hours. We'd advise to check your spam/junk folder in case it was sent there by mistake. From experience I can confirm that retrieving these vouchers for you is a considerably simple task. Also please ensure your email account is set to receive emails from us as we wouldn't want it to be blocking the email to you.

It sounds as though perhaps the changing of your email address may have resulted in you not receiving the payment but as this has now been changed this should not prove any further issue. Please also ensure you have your Amazon account correctly linked here https://www.quidco.com/settings/payment-details/

Kind Regards,

Jack
  • whenIretire
    Options
    Like andybooth I too am having issues withdrawing my balance.

I tried to withdraw my balance on 1st Jan to an Amazon gift card but got the message that security checks needed to be carried out and I would be able to try again on 5th January. I had previously withdrawn it using this method with no problems and so contacted customer support.

On 5th Jan I got a reply saying there is no problem and that Quidco could not find any record of security checks being required. I logged back in and withdrew the balance to a gift card, and took the opportunity to reply to them and tell them that their customer support were emailing an old email address that I had changed sometime last year.

Fast forward to the 9th - quidco got back to me and said that although I had changed my email address they still had the old one on their messaging system but had now changed it. (Though this information was sent in an email to my old email address - luckily I can still access it).

Today (10th) I logged on to check how long the amazon gift card email takes to arrive to find that the withdrawn cash is back in my account and the request was cancelled by Quidco on the 6th. Further, I am now unable to withdraw it by any means as I get a message that 'there is a problem with my account'.

I am trying to update my support ticket but keep getting the message that the site is down for maintenance.

The rest of the site is functional - could the Quidco Rep please confirm whether there is a problem only with this part of the site or am I destined not to get my cashback.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been waiting 7 months for cashback fro Standard life through Quidco
    Utterly useless. They have pre prepared responses and won't give you an honest answer. Got Car Insurance and utilities coming up shortly but won't be using quidco again
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Topcashback and Quidco should pay the cashback and then claim it back from the Merchants see how fast they chase them up for their money.
    Options
    Like andybooth I too am having issues withdrawing my balance.

I tried to withdraw my balance on 1st Jan to an Amazon gift card but got the message that security checks needed to be carried out and I would be able to try again on 5th January. I had previously withdrawn it using this method with no problems and so contacted customer support.

On 5th Jan I got a reply saying there is no problem and that Quidco could not find any record of security checks being required. I logged back in and withdrew the balance to a gift card, and took the opportunity to reply to them and tell them that their customer support were emailing an old email address that I had changed sometime last year.

Fast forward to the 9th - quidco got back to me and said that although I had changed my email address they still had the old one on their messaging system but had now changed it. (Though this information was sent in an email to my old email address - luckily I can still access it).

Today (10th) I logged on to check how long the amazon gift card email takes to arrive to find that the withdrawn cash is back in my account and the request was cancelled by Quidco on the 6th. Further, I am now unable to withdraw it by any means as I get a message that 'there is a problem with my account'.

I am trying to update my support ticket but keep getting the message that the site is down for maintenance.

The rest of the site is functional - could the Quidco Rep please confirm whether there is a problem only with this part of the site or am I destined not to get my cashback.

Hi @whenIretire

Thank you for your post here.

The issue here will have been regarding the security checks which we carry out across all of our members on site. This will have placed a hold on your account meaning payment could not be sent within a period of time, however without locating your account and without being able to discuss specifics of your account over a public forum, I do not have the information I would like in order to discuss this issue with you in detail.

We will of course do everything we can to have your cashback paid to you in a timely manner, as is our goal for all of our members. What would be the point if you couldn't withdraw your earnings?

If you have a social media account please do contact myself on either Facebook or Twitter via the Quidco profiles and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Jack
  • andydbooth
    Options
    NI have checked the email and it is correct but I have not had an email from Quidco confirming the codes either in my spam mail or any other folder.
    My concern is that it has taken me months to get this far and just when you can see light at the end of the tunnel, it goes dark again.
    My biggest cocern is that I have tried on more than one occasion to bring this to the attention of Quidco and have been ignored!!!
    Can you please help because I was going to use these vouchers for Christmas 2016. At this rate I wont have them for Christmas 2017!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback