My H Is Taking Me On Friday To Buy My Own Xmas Presents!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• mitchlouise
    Options
    Well I'd get on the net and send him or print off lots of suggestions. Tell him too that you might like perfume and give him 4 options of perfume, tell him your fave shops (eg Lush) or your fave brands.
    Tell him a list 10 long of CD's you might like, DVD's you fancy watching, concerts etc etc etc
    I wouldn't go shopping with him, i'd let him go on his own although i'd happily give him lots of suggestions.
    He's your husband and should be able to manage it so stand your ground!!
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    Smashing wrote:
    Honestly? I think you do sound a tad ungrateful-

I don't think you are at all.

Christmas presents are about treating the person and giving them the odd surprise.

After some huge hints, it should be up to the other half to put in some initiative and thought towards the other.

I get upset when my husband goes out on Christmas Eve to see what he can find at the last minute. It is about the thought that goes in. I don't want him to ask me to get my items, and I don't want him to leave me to the last minute.

He has seen my planning for Christmas since the beginning of October, and I would at least like to think that the only present he has to buy is thought up and bought himself a little ahead of time.
  • ChrissieI
    Options
    In November I go through the Argos book and the Next directory and put circles around everything I like. Then I tell my husband how much we are spending on each other and give him the books. He hates shopping so can buy on-line.
    I always circle much more than we are spending that way I don't know which items I will get.

My sister always says its wrong and I should just wait and see what I get The year before last her husband brought her a set of saucepans and last year she got a set of wheel trims for her car:eek:

I think I will carry on doing it my way;)
  • full-time-mum
    Options
    victory wrote:
    What do you think ladies?! xx

I know exactly where you are coming from.

My OH did this once for my birthday. The idea wasn't so bad, I didn't know anything about it until the morning of my birthday so it was a surprise and he'd secretly taken the day off and arranged the childcare - so far so good.

It fell flat because he did as much, if not more shopping than me. It was a bit much being brought a jeans for my present and then he brought some for himself too. It was still a nice thought and I had a meal out which was nice and time with him without the children.

How about going out window shopping and dropping a few hints, having a really nice meal etc and then saying, well, if I'm doing the shopping and not getting a surprise, I think you might as well give me a cheque and I'll shop in the sales as I'll get more. (If you've got kids then he'll have to do some childcare whilst you go off and gad about in the sales, preferably with a girl friend) that way, you get 2 days out and more presents!
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure