Tripsta.co.uk

Options

Comments

• dannic6
    dannic6 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I booked my hotel with Tripsta and now been required for further information about my credit card details. They want a copy of my credit card (back and front), copy of my passport and a signed form giveing authorisation. Did any one else get asked for this? Also tried to call them 6 times but currently can not get through to them... I need help asap as they want confirmation by 16:30 today. :(
  • alwayssmiling_3
    Options
    Hi dannic6, this is quite common for travel websites. sometimes they have to check if their customers are trustworthy, because there are many cases of credit card frauds in this branch. It happened to me once too, but after sending all requested documents they proceeded immediately with my booking.
  • Shoes123
    Options
    Made 2 bookings for hotel in us via tripsta which supposedly allows cancellation up to 5 days before check in and credit card gurantee. However, Contacted straightway and harassed/threatened by company to cancel booking more than a month ahead of the due allowable cancellation date unless I provide details of all family members of entourage plus transfer money directly into their bank as they cease accepting credit card.

Most unreasonable and going against terms of policy as advertised. I decided to cancel all bookings with tripsta straight away as I thought this is a scam and not in keeping with international practice. Will be taking further actions as terms of booking are violated.
  • muse-fan
    Options
    I used Tripsta for a flight to Athens a couple of months ago and I was satisfied by their quality of service. All went well. They actually have quite low prices so I may choose Tripsta again if I find a good price.
  • Uter
    Options
    They cancelled my flight, didt tell us about. I booked a new one, my friends asked for a refund. Tripsta.de cancelled even mine, they didnt tell me about ( I found it one day before my departure) and didnt offer me a new ticket. Now after 70 days we didnt get any refund, any compensation, dont answer on emails.

Horrible experience.

Dear Tripsta,

I wrote on 2.8. 2012 email to your company and nobody has answered to me utill today (it has been more than month). I paid for a ticket from Prague to Ho Chi Minth City, the ticket was cancelled twice and I didn´t asked for it. I didn´t recieved neither refund until today nor any financial compensation I request.

On 2.8. 2012 I wrote to email service@tripsta.de this:

Dear Tripsta,

I bought a ticket from to Ho Chi Minth City from Prague (via Kiev) from your company together with my friends M.P. and K. D. We got all the same reservation code at first (given from your company) - 8Rxxxx.

Than we found out that our tickets were canceled and Aeroflot Airlines offered me a different flight Prague-Kiev-Bangkok-Ho Chi Minth and I agreed to. This flight had new reservation number 3Mxxxx!!! My friends - M. P. and K. D. had the old reservation number (8Rxxxx) and their flight was changed to Prague-Kiev-Bangkok only!!!

Anyways they decided to cancel their booking for a full refund of tickets. But your agency cancelled even my ticket. P. and D. requested cancellation of their tickets only.

When I checked the ticket one day before my flight I found out that the ticket was cancelled. The ticket was canceled without my knowledge.
    When I called to Aerosvit Airlines I was told that my ticket was canceled by your agency. Your agency cancelled my ticket by mistake, so I request
    financial compensation because I had to buy new expensive ticket and It caused me lot of trouble.

Thank you for your time N. B.

I am concerned about situation what is happening.

Thank you for answer N. B.
  • Pomido
    Pomido Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 October 2012 at 2:56PM
    Options
    They (almost) ruined Christmas!

Last night I booked a return flight through them on Virgin Atlantic from Tokyo to London on Christmas Eve.

This evening I received an email telling me the following:

- - - - - - - -

Dear Mr ****,

We would like to inform you that your flight reservation with Booking ID **** couldn’t be completed due to technical reasons. Your reservation has been canceled automatically by our system.

We have already canceled any preauthorization or charge that might have occurred on your credit card.

You may select any other available flight from our website or contact us by phone provided at the end of this mail.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding.

Should you require any further information we can be contacted on +353 (1) 554 7236 Monday- Friday from 8.00am until 4.00pm. Saturday from 8.00 am to 1 pm.

Thank you for choosing tripsta.ie.

Best regards,

- - - - - - - -

Technical reasons?? Care to elaborate without me having to call Europe (Greece?) from Tokyo on my mobile?

As the same flight is still available on the wonderful Skyscanner, albeit through more reputable booking agencies {i.e. ebookers} I was fortunately able to rebook tonight. Otherwise I would have been totally screwed on my connecting flights, booked separately.

So, this begs the question, if I can successfully book this same flight on another site, what's the problem with these guys and their system?
    Such behaviour brings down Skyscanner's good reputation - should their results really be accessible through the site??
  • wampi
    Options
    Tripsta coupons you can find at britishcoupons.net/stores/tripsta-co-uk
  • Joe_24
    Joe_24 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    teralin wrote: »
    Any further experiences of Tripsta? I have found an exceptionally good price on a hotel in the US via Trivago search site. They are showing Tripsta offering the same hotel at half the price of other booking companies. Tripsta are showing the IATA logo at the bottom of their web page.

only one experience with flight cancelling. Be careful - you get back only 75,- Euros no matter how much costs the ticket.
    Ciao Joe_24
  • JulieB2010
    Options
    I've just recently booked a flight to Orlando for Feb next year and all confirmation emails etc have been fine, but I suddenly panicked when looking on trip advisor for reviews for Tripsta and there were many bad ones. I'd hate to get within a week of my flight to find it cancelled! Just not feeling confident now! Anyone had any good or bad experience with them as a company? Fingers crossed I'm worrying for nothing!
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JulieB2010 wrote: »
    I've just recently booked a flight to Orlando for Feb next year and all confirmation emails etc have been fine, but I suddenly panicked when looking on trip advisor for reviews for Tripsta and there were many bad ones. I'd hate to get within a week of my flight to find it cancelled! Just not feeling confident now! Anyone had any good or bad experience with them as a company? Fingers crossed I'm worrying for nothing!

I suggest that you contact the airline directly to check that you are in the system and their records show that you have paid for the flight. Once you have paid Tripsta your ticket should be issued and your details held by the airline within a short space of time. So if the airline has not heard of you I would ask Tripsta to issue the ticket immediately, and if that failed to happen push for a refund. Conversely, once the airline shows you as "ticketed" you can relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure