• jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    Options
    20 questions just for a bit of fun!!!

1. Wedding date? 28th April 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Gold and Brown

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Reception

4. Best bargain? 99p for 100 tlight holders

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? wedding bus

6. Venue? Coniston Hotel North Yorks

7. Engagement ring? Three diamonds criss cut

8. Describe your partner in 5 words amazing, loving, caring, infuriating! and mine

9.First Dance song? Iris by the googoo dolls

10. Biggest panic moment so far? getting birdesmaid together as 1 is on a year out in Canada and another lives darn sarf

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? YOU MUST WAER GOD DAMN HATS!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day Nobody turning up

13. Number of guests? 100

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning my Mum is a star

15. Flavour of cake bit of all (diff tiers)

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 5?

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 4 years 5 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Father of the bride

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding chill Winston, if you dont get the jewel encrusted envelope holders it's not a problem!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... to be as one
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    I replied to this thread before our wedding, and thought I'd come back and revisit the thread now that we've tied the knot!

1. Wedding date? 28th May 2011

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Purple

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? At the last minute we did a free bar

4. Best bargain? Flowers - bridesmaids were £17.50 each

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Nothing really.

6. Venue? Catholic church followed by Acacia Hall Marquee in Kent

7. Engagement ring? Gold solitaire

8. Describe your partner in 5 words My childhood sweetheart came back

9.First Dance song? Marc Anthony - I need you. Salsa dance - went down really well despite DH treading on my dress a few times and changing the choreograped routine :mad:

10. Biggest panic moment so far? The bridesmaids dresses arrived late and were damaged on the wedding day.

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? I was fuming at DH because he kept turning round before 'the music' started and I was walking down the aisle. I didn't want him to see me before I walked down!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? Bad weather

13. Number of guests? On the day we had three no shows to the day, and about 10 in the evening :mad:

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning Mum / DH

15. Flavour of cake? Lemon, chocolate, vanilla, fruit.

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10? 3 :o

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 4 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? none

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding? The small details won't matter. If something goes wrong on the day, no one will notice except you.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... magical, insdescribable.....!
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • bettyB_2
    bettyB_2 Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2011 at 9:52PM
    Options
    20 questions just for a bit of fun!!!

1. Wedding date? winter 2012 (not booked it yet!)

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Plum and cream with some gold

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? venue and food probably, and an exotic honeymoon!

4. Best bargain? invites - 60 for a tenner!!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? a bouncy castle. Still kinda want one, but if it's a winter wedding we won't be outside!

6. Venue? TBC!

7. Engagement ring? Vintage, gold with a daisy cluser of 7 diamonds

8. Describe your partner in 5 words just like me, but male

9.First Dance song? not having one! Controverisal I know, but I hate being centre of attention!!

10. Biggest panic moment so far? That I'm never going to manage to arrange everything properly!!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? I'm having a meal that I like and I dont care if other people don't like it!!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day No one will come / dress will rip / I will have lost no weight and look fat / OH will run away ... the list goe on!:rotfl:

13. Number of guests? 70-80

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning No one's helped much so far, but my friend is making my dress so hopefully she'll be v helpful nearer the time!

15. Flavour of cake Chocolate!! (Of course!)

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 6.5/10 - some stuff I will economise or cut down on, like expensive favours etc, but other things I think are worth splashing out on!

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 7 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Miranda and Steve's Wedding in SATC series 5

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding visit this forum!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a challenge!!! :rotfl:

Fab idea, love reading other people's responses!!
    Betty B: The Eternal Procrastinator....
    Why Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today? :A
  • srlgh
    srlgh Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 12th April 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Pink (pale pink) and purple with kind of fairytale/disney hidden theme... (in the dress and cake)

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Reception so far (parents paid for it though which was lovely and kind)

4. Best bargain? Dress..... should have been over £1000 go it for £500

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Well kind of the opposite, really didn't want pink (sister wanted bright pink dress) but in the end we've gone for a pale pink theme!

6. Venue? Lords Golf Course, Essex

7. Engagement ring? 8 small diamonds in a band with 4 square diamonds at the top (looks like 1 huge diamond instead)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words - Very alike, sweet, cheeky, kind

9.First Dance song? Not 100% sure yet

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Migraines! Scared I'll get a migraine on my wedding day! Went to visit one venue, I asked if it was step free as I can't climb stairs easy due to Muscular Dystrophy, then arrived to find I would have to go through the mens changing room, then via a muddy path to get into the venue (without using the stairs) and then use a lift to go up 3 stairs into the reception room.....my dress wouldn't fit in it and my fiance couldn't go in it with me and the woman couldn't see why I had an issue with the venue and still tried to push me into booking it! Caused me to have a massive arguement at the open day and came home with massive migraine and threw up! Went with another venue luckily which was much nicer and cheaper... result!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Above... having an arguement with the venue booker in the middle of the venue open day. She couldn't see why I didn't want to get married somewhere where I couldn't go in the venue via the main entrance with my guests.... yes sure I'll book a venue where I can't get to most of it.... stupid moo!!!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: Getting a migraine!

13. Number of guests? 100 (60 day, 40 extra night possibly)

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning - Mum

15. Flavour of cake - Chocolate sponge top teir, 2nd tier almond sponge, bottom fruit cake

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 .... erm 6ish lol

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 5 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Love Actually

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding - Do take any c**p off of people, look around and get what you want - it's your day!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... being with your sole mate forever
    :jGetting Married 12th April 2012 :j
  • spurs_gal
    spurs_gal Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 11th May 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Black & white

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? OH's suit

4. Best bargain? Car (Present!) or my dress £31

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Balloons and confetti over us for our first dance!

6. Venue? Registry office followed by an afternoon/evening reception at a local Navy club

7. Engagement ring? Gold band with single diamond

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: My other half & my life!!

9.First Dance song? Many of horror - Biffy Clyro

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Trying to think how to tell my Nan I hate the dress she bought for me - and my new dress is black :o

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Having no children at the ceremony

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: Falling over while walking down the aisle :eek:

13. Number of guests? 45 for ceremony & 170 for reception

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning: My sister

15. Flavour of cake: Mixture of cupcakes

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10: 8

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 7years, 9 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Legally blonde wedding

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding: Its your day, do what you want!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........A new commitment every day
    :footie: COYS :footie:

Now a Married woman :D
  • bettyB_2
    bettyB_2 Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    srlgh wrote: »

6. Venue? Lords Golf Course, Essex

Ooh i'm looking round there soon! It looks fab! Do you mind if i ask, are they quite strict about their wedding packages, and timings, etc, or are they flexible and open to ideas??

ooh love actually is a fab film, might dig it out soon!
    Betty B: The Eternal Procrastinator....
    Why Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today? :A
  • eleanora_
    eleanora_ Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, can I join in? I'm only just engaged and have a couple of years to go yet, but still :D

1. Wedding date? June 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Not sure yet - possibly purple.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? No splashing-out yet - only just booked the venue!

4. Best bargain? The venue itself - just over £1000 for room hire for ceremony and reception - also, the stereo for the ceremony music and the cash bar for the reception are free!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Hmmm... Nothing springs to mind at this stage!

6. Venue? Manchester Town Hall :T

7. Engagement ring? I love it so much! 18ct gold, a twist design, with a sapphire and surrounding CZ stones:

5892306066_643c2e3b39.jpg
    5897528875_66062c171c.jpg

8. Describe your partner in 5 words Kind, intelligent, thoughtful, sweet, gorgeous :blushing:

9. First Dance song? Not sure yet...

10. Biggest panic moment so far? When I started looking into the possible cost of everything :eek: - I'm still shocked that apparently the average wedding in the UK apparently costing £18,605.00! Fortunately I've since worked out that we can do it for far less... :o

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Well, I'm already looking at wedding dresses online and I've still got two years to go!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day Being ill, or something really important being forgotten/going wrong.

13. Number of guests? 60 for the ceremony and reception, plus a few more in the evening.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My sister.

15. Flavour of cake Not sure yet, but I'd really like a vanilla or lemon flavour.

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 Probably about 7 so far.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? Four and a half years.

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Hmm... Not sure!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Don't get carried away and think it has to cost the earth - there are always ways to avoid that!

20. Finish this sentence

Marriage is not a word it is........... a promise and a commitment :)
    :j Married my lovely man on 29th June 2013 :j
  • Benue
    Benue Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    @ Eleanora, your ring is fab! Congrats on your engagement x
  • eleanora_
    eleanora_ Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Benue wrote: »
    @ Eleanora, your ring is fab! Congrats on your engagement x
    Thank you! I love my ring :)
    :j Married my lovely man on 29th June 2013 :j
  • sophief333
    sophief333 Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 9th July 2011

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Hot pinks, bit of purple and splashes of bright green!

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Venue

4. Best bargain? We had a free bar which came to less than £2000 for 100 people all day! We we're shocked, expecting it to be closer to £5000!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about?

6. Venue? Sundridge Park Manor

7. Engagement ring? White gold, diamond

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: Handsome, Sensible, Kind, Funny and unhelpful!

9.First Dance song? Book of Love - Peter Gabriel

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Never really panicked!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Probable when I screamed at the registrar (before the ceremony) 'It's Booth like Tooth' when she was pronouncing our surname like 'Boooove'!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: People not turning up! But they all did :)

13. Number of guests? 58 for ceremony, 100 evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning: Mum

15. Flavour of cake: Sponge and Fruit

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10: 5

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 7 years 1 month

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Everyone in Friends??

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding: The actual day is surprisingly easy!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... the best thing ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport