20 questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Options
    lazer - I ordered my dress a size smaller too, it's definitely motivating me to eat less!!! :rotfl:
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • catalunya
    Options
    Great thread OP! Love these things

1. Wedding date? 28th December 2013 (booked it today!!!)

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Blue, silver and white winter wonderland

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? So far, just the deposit!

4. Best bargain? Baubles for my decorations/placecard holders - 240 of them for £9!! :)

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? A luxury car - we arent having one at all now

6. Venue? Its within our budget, which is the most important thing, its a converted barn

7. Engagement ring? Emerald cut diamond, i love it :D

8. Describe your partner in 5 words? Soulmate, lover, friend, caring and funny

9.First Dance song? To be decided but down to two - Darren Hayes, Bloodstained Heart / Craig David, Unbelievable

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Venue finding!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Not had one yet!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? I'll make an !!!! out of myself

13. Number of guests? 80 day guests, then an extra 50-60 in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning? my husband to be

15. Flavour of cake? got to be chocolate

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10? so far, definitely 8/10

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? minus our mini break up (long story!) 6 years, 4 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? - My best friends wedding

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding? Take your own advice

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a partnership that lasts forever
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 10th august 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? gold and ivory

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? venue,cars

4. Best bargain? my dress

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? cant think of anything

6. Venue? church then a tudor/victorian style hotel

7. Engagement ring? gold band with diamonds,its actually exactly the same as the tiffany bezeret

8. Describe your partner in 5 words caring,kind,thoughtful,hot,sweet

9.First Dance song? adelle,make u feel my love

10. Biggest panic moment so far? none yet

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? having these alot with the wedding coordinator at the venue as she is starting annoy me with her false promises

12. Worst fear about the wedding day bad weather

13. Number of guests? 38 in the day 100 in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning myself lol

15. Flavour of cake spomge one tier fruit for 2 tiers

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 10/10 for sure

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 7 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? dont tell the bride

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding shop around,try and do what u can yourself

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........a commitment between two people who love each other dearly
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seeing as there are lots of new people recently i thought i would resurrect this thread to be a bit more nosey!
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 9 Oct 2012 at the registry office and a handfasting ceremony on the 12th Oct

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Haven't got one, but 'autumnal' for the handfasting ceremony for outfits for me and OH

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? So far, the honeymoon cottage - 650. Reception will probably be roughly the same

4. Best bargain? Very :j about getting my handfasting ceremony dress for £100 yesterday (see October Brides for the story!!! :D) Other than that - the hotel is letting us have their small function room for free.

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? hmm....not sure I had any preconceptions really....I've never really thought about wedding stuff over the years..

6. Venue? Banbury registry office and then a small hotel in Banbury that means a lot to us for the handfasting

7. Engagement ring? Wearing a temporary one until 1 June. We have had my engagement ring and our wedding rings designed and made for us by an amazing jewellery designer and will be travelling to her to pick them up. Engagement ring was about 580, wedding rings roughly 250 each.

8. Describe your partner in 5 words Beautiful, sexy, warm, sensual, intelligent, !!!!!!!!!!!, caring, supportive....oh, only 5 words? :rotfl:

9.First Dance song? We aren't having a disco type evening, so there won't be a first song, but we would have Seasick Steve's ' Happy Man' if we were doing it.

10. Biggest panic moment so far? My ID documentation. I am adopted and we were going to give notice but given misinformation about what I would need and it was a horrible panic that we wouldn't be able to give notice (but we could :D )

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? I wanted that dress so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (again, see October Brides!! :rotfl:)

12. Worst fear about the wedding day Haven't got any fears really - now I know that I will have something nice to wear (I am very plus size and wedding dresses terrified me until last Friday!).....perhaps falling over on my face in the mud or something similar in the hotel gardens during the handfasting ceremony? :rotfl:

13. Number of guests? 4 at the registry office (both sets of parents) and 20 at the handfasting (all family)

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My lovely OH (pepe2008 from MSE!)

15. Flavour of cake We are making our own between the 2 ceremonies - at the moment, it will be 1 tier of chocolate, 1 of coffee and walnut and 1 of something else gooey and lovely :rotfl: All covered in a chocolate frosting chucked on by ourselves and already nicknamed 'Spanish Render'. Pepe's mum is being tasked with making some fondant ivy/berries, autumn leaves, autumn decorations generally.

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 8. Other than Pepe and his £345 shoes :eek::eek::eek: bought when we were in London looking for ideas for my outfit, we have been really clever I think with money. Aiming for 3k and maximum of 3.5k budget

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? well, 'officially' together.....about 18 months.

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Muriel's Wedding :D

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding You don't need chinese lanterns, a dancing fire eater at your wedding reception, a 3k dress, turtle doves fluttering around the gardens and more fireworks than planned for the opening ceremony of the Olympics to have a lovely, beautiful, classy wedding - honest!!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........something until I was 41 I thought had permanently passed me by :rotfl:
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 15th September 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Pale pink & ivory colour scheme. Reception is in a barn so a bit of country chic thrown in.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on?
    Photography - almost a third of our 6.5k budget is on our photographer & album.

4. Best bargain? Evening venue - a beautiful thatched barn for £350; 15 foam rose buttonholes for £16.95

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about?
    Bridesmaids :rotfl:

6. Venue? Beautiful Peak District Registry Office, followed by a meal at a posh restaurant and then on to the barn near Rotherham

7. Engagement ring? 2/3 carat round cut diamond in a Platinum setting. Bought online from 77Diamonds. I love it!

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: Hmmm usually I'd say
    Tall, Funny, Considerate, Caring & Soulmate
    But today I'm thinking along the lines of Annoying, Inconsiderate, Selfish, Ungreatful & Stupid :rotfl:

9.First Dance song? Currently "under discussion" :rotfl:

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Dreamt last night that I forgot about the wedding until 3hrs after the ceremony was due to start. General panic that people won't enjoy themselves.

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? I'm going dress shopping again this weekend because I'm not sure about the dress I already have. And general annoyance at anything my MIL2B suggests.

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? Guests not having fun

13. Number of guests? 14 at the registry office/meal (all immediate family) & 180 for the reception

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning? My photographer :rotfl:

15. Flavour of cake? Three tiers of beautiful sponge baked by my best friend

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10?
    7. We're £500 over our £6.5k budget but that's because OH "forgot" about half of his family when we drew up the initial guest list and created the budget :mad: We have made some good savings elsewhere though.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 8 years (minus two weeks)

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding?
    Phoebe & Mike in Friends

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding? No matter what you do it is not possible to make everybody happy, so focus on what you and your OH want & what will make you happy.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is.......... something I'm looking forward to enjoying once the whole wedding circus is over!!
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    20 questions just for a bit of fun!!!

1. Wedding date? 11/04/2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Theme is vintage Vegas and colour is Purples! & maybe a flash of yellow or orange.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? At the moment the venue/package

4. Best bargain? My shoes so far

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? First class plane tickets!

6. Venue? Bellagio. Venue for reception tbd

7. Engagement ring? Heart shaped purple sapphire surrounded by pave diamond on 9ct gold band, chosen by OH. Not what I would have picked but I love it :)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words Generous, kind, funny, geeky, romantic

9.First Dance song? Right here waiting - Richard Marx

10. Biggest panic moment so far? That my sister might not be able to make the wedding!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? OH family interfering with guest list and putting our feet down

12. Worst fear about the wedding day That one of my BMs will be pregnant

13. Number of guests? 25 in Vegas, 1200 or so to reception in UK

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning So far my mum

15. Flavour of cake hopefully one sponge, one choc and one 'bitless fruit' :D

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 6

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 6 and a half years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Too many to choose from :rotfl:

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Don't panic :eek:

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a lifetime of together with your favourite person in the world.

LOL i'm just nosey but it might be nice to see about each other!!!!!!!

See above for mine :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • johannalf88
    johannalf88 Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2012 at 3:13PM
    Options
    I thought I would see if we had any changes....
    1. Wedding date? 6th October 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Autumn

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Marquee

4. Best bargain?marquee (with posh loos!) Probably my dress, 2nd hand from eBay for £109, new it £1500! :eek:

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Really expensive wedding cake from a specific shop- decided against it when I found out the price! ok, we r having cake but making it ourselves now!

6. Venue? Castle on the coast Civil Ceromony / Marquee

7. Engagement ring? 1/3 c diamond 18c white gold

8. Describe your partner in 5 words. clever, gorgeous, patient, fun, annoying!
    I would add- I am home I'll at the moment (feel like I have the flu but no fever) and he is being soo sweet looking after me when he's home.

9.First Dance song? Don't know! He wants Blues Brother's shake your tail feather!!!!
    Not having one.

10. Biggest panic moment so far? telling my parents we were engaged
    Plenty of crazy dreams whereby everything went wrong. ATM tho I am panicking that I will be I'll on the day!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? none so far
    Ok- bridesmaids changing their minds about the dresses AFTER the returns period was up! But that's justifiable so not bridezilla-esc! Actually bridezilla- buying lots of 2nd class stamps n putting them on the envelopes, to stop and think for a split second, I wish I brought irst cos the gold ones would go better! :rotfl:

12. Worst fear about the wedding day everyone moaning about the rain- it is probably going to rain, its the UK, in October, get used to it!!

13. Number of guests? 65 ish still looking about right.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning OH atm

15. Flavour of cake Prob fruit Yep, fruit! it's soaking! :)

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 prob 7 (for value)
    I would probably one up to 8, as we have got a load of bargains! :)

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 8 years 8 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Nothing comes to mind- they all seem to be a bit soppy for me... My fave proposal was on tv this morning tho- Daphne n Niles on Frasier.

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Get in quick- its never too soon to start booking venues
    Choose your bridesmaids carefully!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a sentence. (only joking!)
    :T
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Ooooh fun, I'm so excited I finally have enough details to answer this!

1. Wedding date? 6th April 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Ivory and yellow

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? The reception venue!

4. Best bargain? So far, Vistaprint Save The Date postcards practically free...hopefully there will be more bargains though!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Can't think of anything...either I never wanted anything stupid in the first place, or...

6. Venue? The church where my parents got married and I grew up attending, and a beautiful country house hotel :)

7. Engagement ring? Platinum, with a radiant cut (rectangular) 0.6 carat diamond surrounded by small 0.03 carat diamonds, with 0.03 carat diamonds set in the band :)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words The Absolute Boss Of Everything :)

9.First Dance song? Haven't decided yet....may not have one...!

10. Biggest panic moment so far? No huge panics yet that I can think of...

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Screaming hysterically at my sister that chair covers ARE IMPORTANT

12. Worst fear about the wedding day I don't have any serious fears, but I suppose I wouldn't like it if it rains!

13. Number of guests? 80 day guests and possibly up to 20 more in the evening.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My fiance

15. Flavour of cake Two tiers fruitcake and two tiers sponge

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 0/10!!

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 44 months (three years and eight months exactly)

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? probably the one in Love Actually at the beginning...ooh, or Phoebe's wedding on Friends!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Start booking things as early as possible

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........my future :)
  • myconosray
    myconosray Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Had to do this!

1. Wedding date? 10th August 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Literary vintage - faded pastels

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? the venue

4. Best bargain? Getting friends to make cakes and invites :-)

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Manolo Blahnik shoes -- I have come to terms with the fact I cannot justify £1500 on shoes noone will really see!

6. Venue? A 16th century courtyard in the ground of a castle

7. Engagement ring? White gold channel set band with diamond solitaire

8. Describe your partner in 5 words most amazing person I know

9.First Dance song? In love with you - Alan Braxe

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Day after my first wedding nightmare!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Telling my OH that his designer relative wouldn't be able to design the stationary as well as me as she wouldn't know exactly how I want it!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day Raining on our outdoor ceremony

13. Number of guests? 60-80

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My fiance

15. Flavour of cake vanilla sponge

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 5/10!!

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 2 years and 4 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Scott and Charlene!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding
    where possible avoid using the word wedding when making enquiries about price - wait until after you have signed the deal!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........ the start of a whole new story!
    Becoming Mrs L. Aug 2013!
    :love:

Wedding Diet
    Total to lose - 24lbs
    Lost so far - 14lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts