20 questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• moonbabe58
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 7th September 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Relaxed country theme, colour scheme being taupe, with splashes of bright pink and purple

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? The venue

4. Best bargain? The decorations - All DIY'd

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Nothing really, I have always dreamed of a fairly simple wedding.

6. Venue? A converted barn

7. Engagement ring? A platinum 3 stone ring, with the central stone bigger.

8. Describe your partner in 5 words... Caring, loyal, funny, handsome & clever

9.First Dance song? You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker

10. Biggest panic moment so far? That people I really want to be there won't

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Insisting that we have fireworks!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day ... That the venue won't get their 2nd barn finished and we will have to have the ceremony and reception in the same room, meaning I won't be able to set it up!

13. Number of guests? 85 day, additional 30 in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning... Hubby to be!

15. Flavour of cake ... Vanilla cupcakes

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 ... Probably not very MSE as we are having everything we want, but we are DIYing and bargain hunting in order to be able to do so! So I would say a 6/10

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 5 years and 8 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Love Actually

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding ... Listen and take on board other peoples advice, but at the end of the day go with what you and you partner want!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a journey!
    Expecting Baby No 1 - 20/06/14 - Team Yellow!
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    I love these so happy to share mine!!

1. Wedding date? 23rd March 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Purple + spring flower colours (yellow, orange, pink)

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Reception venue + photographer

4. Best bargain? Mum in law making cake, cousin's bridesmaid dress

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Fancy over the top wedding cake - then I looked at the prices!!

6. Venue? Church then 4* hotel

7. Engagement ring? White gold with single diamond with swirls holding it in place, chosen by H2B and PERFECT

8. Describe your partner in 5 words... My best friend and soulmate

9.First Dance song? Undecided (with 9 weeks to go...)

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Drink/room prices at the hotel putting people off

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? H2B being angry at my Dad for refusing to wear a cravat

12. Worst fear about the wedding day ... People getting annoyed by drink prices/venue flooding!!

13. Number of guests? 45 day, 90 (total) evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning... H2B

15. Flavour of cake ... Homemade fruitcake with some professional cupcakes

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 ... 5/10 - having the white wedding but lots of DIY, bargain hunting and family help

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 4 years 2 months officially, known each other 6 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Don't really have one! Maybe Phoebe and Mike in Friends when it all goes wrong with the snow but they're just so in love :)

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding ... Go with your heart

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... the beginning of the rest of your life
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • Disney_Pluto
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 7th September 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Purple

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Reception venue and Food

4. Best bargain? bridesmaid dresses in coast sale and my wedding shoes

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? We wanted a photo booth but its more expensive than first thought.

6. Venue? Church then a manor house

7. Engagement ring? White gold with single half caret round diamond. My fianc! asked my parents permission then went ring shopping with them.

8. Describe your partner in 5 words... My best friend and love of my life

9.First Dance? It's a secret ; )

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Not being able to find accomadation for ourselves and guests.

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Haven't had any yet!!!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day ... It raining! But not going to worry as I'm marrying the man I love so all that matters.

13. Number of guests? 75 day and about 120 evening.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning... My mum couldn't have done it without her.

15. Flavour of cake ... Caramel, Raspberry, Chocolate Orange. We are having a chocolate creation cake which is fairly unusual.

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 ... 2/10. It's not cheap costing 18k but my parents are paying for most of it. Saying that haven't paid full price for anything and doing own invites and table decorations.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 8 and half years.

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Not necessarily a wedding but love story the notebook.

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding ... Don't let anyone push you into having something you don't want.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... A lifetime together.
  • kobrakai
    kobrakai Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    1. Wedding date? May 23rd 2015

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Purple & teal

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? So far...the dress.

4. Best bargain? Our photographers - one of mine and one of his good friends, my friend has said it's his wedding present to us and his friend we'll be paying for her travel & accommodation.

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Chocolate fountain. Don't want one now, at all!

6. Venue? St David's Church, Penllergaer, Swansea & the King Arthur Hotel, Gower, Swansea

7. Engagement ring? White gold twist ring with 9 diamonds, from Ernest Jones

8. Describe your partner in 5 words cheeky, loveable, cuddly, funny, sweet

9.First Dance song? It'll either be 23 by Jimmy Eat World or New Found Glory's cover of Kiss Me

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Nothing as yet!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Nothing as yet!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day honestly? Our dog thinking my dress is a toy!

13. Number of guests? 85 day, 110 evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning it'll probably be my mum.

15. Flavour of cake red velvet, chocolate and vanilla.

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 4 (will work on that!)

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 7 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Monica & Chandler's and Phoebe & Mike's from Friends

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding enjoy it!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........a wonderful journey for the rest of our lives
    £2 Savers Club 2014 #38 | 20p Savers Club 2014 #37 | 50p Savers Club 2014 #29
    £365 in 365 days #89 £9/£365 | DFBX2014 challenge #023 £70/£6500
    Weekly Saving Challenge 2014 #30 £6/£1378
    Save 12k in 2014 #159 £80.62/£2000
  • vickster*arsenal
    Options
    1. Wedding date?
    Friday 3rd January 2014

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme?
    Not 100% sure yet, but I think winter, snowflakes with purple & silver colours....

3. Thing you have splashed out most on?
    Venue/wedding breakfast package

4. Best bargain?
    Favours - mini photo frames reduced to £1 in Next sale, will also be used as the placecards

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about?
    Fancy car...probably going to stop at venue the night before so won't even need a car!

6. Venue?
    Hadley Park House in Telford

7. Engagement ring?
    http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/db6077/18ct-white-gold-diamond-solitaire-ring

8. Describe your partner in 5 words
    Man of my dreams....true :)

9.First Dance song?
    Not decided yet

10. Biggest panic moment so far?
    Looking awful in my dress

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment?
    Nothing.....yet!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day
    People being bored

13. Number of guests?
    75 day, 125 evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning
    Hubby to be, he's been planning more than I have!

15. Flavour of cake
    Will be sponge, maybe cupcakes

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10
    7/10....trying to be very mse, but oh is impatient and just happy to book everything straight off without negotiating etc

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day?
    10 years to the day!!

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding?
    All the Don't Tell the Bride weddings! Just so I can say omg no way I'm doing that!!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding
    Research, plan, take your time and do what you and your partner want to do, not what others tell you to do!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........for life x
    :heart: I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :heart:
  • Emmylou_2
    Emmylou_2 Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    I've now been married 4 1/2 months...
    Emmylou wrote: »
    1. Wedding date? 15 September 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Not decided yet. Thinking electric blue or jade-ish. Didn't have a "theme" (other than it being "stuff I want") or a particular colour theme.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? It'll be the venue Definitely the venue. But it was SO worth it.

4. Best bargain? My dress. Amanda Wakeley for £10. :money: I didn't end up wearing this dress - I lost 4 stone between meeting DH and marrying him and *still* my boobs didn't fit in it. I bought a fabulous dress from EBay, still had to have it altered (see above weight loss) and all in all spent £150.

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? A bespoke engagement ring with a HUGE diamond

6. Venue? ss Great Britain Don't regret this one bit. We are now part of this wonderful ship's history and I get tingles every time I drive past that bit of Bristol harbourside!

7. Engagement ring? Haven't got one yet - in July I'll have the opportunity to try on both his great-grandma's and grandma's rings, and choose the one I want. If neither - I'd like a pearl surrounded by (pref. black) diamonds. I am currently wearing my husband's great grandmother's engagement ring. It is two half-carat round diamonds, set in the "old style" (ie embedded in the setting) with an s-shaped twisted band. I saw a photo and loved it, tried it on and it fitted perfectly - karma? It looks wonderful on my finger, next to my plain gold wedding band

8. Describe your partner in 5 words The man who completes me Snoring pain in the ar$£ (but he's my PITA and I wouldn't change him for the world).

9.First Dance song? Either "You're in my heart" by Rod Stewart or "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. We started the night to "You're in my heart" and ended it to "Wonderful Tonight".

10. Biggest panic moment so far? That I'll actually be a "Mrs" and therefore have to be responsible! Paying for it! I was off work ill (and on half pay) for the entire time we were engaged and wedding planning (and still am, actually). DH couldn't find work and so went back to uni to do grad studies. Fortunately, the In Laws helped us Far More than I could ever imagine :)

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? None yet. But I'm sure they'll happen :rotfl:Strangely enough, I didn't really go Bridezilla. Which is odd, because I'm generally a Ragey type of person.

12. Worst fear about the wedding day None. As long as we're there, and the registrar is, and we have witnesses, then that's fine. We nearly ran out of Best People. DH was initially going to have two - a friend from his undergrad days and one from his current course. A week before the wedding, his undergrad friend was sent abroad through work. Nothing she could get out of. Oh well, we have a stand in. Who, three days before the wedding had to go home (to Foreign Parts) due to a visa issue. Fortunately, his cousin stood in at short notice and all was well.

13. Number of guests? 70 day, 150 ish night 56 adults, 13 kids day. Ten evening guests showed. Hmm.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning So far, OH. Overall, I think it'll be my best mate Definitely best mate, even though she got bored of wedding dress shopping at one point.

15. Flavour of cake croquembouche We had six tiers of (different) cheeses. Was bloody wonderful. We also had a plain fruit cake, a Yoda cake (DH, when asked what kind of wedding cake he wanted said " a Yoda one". So a Yoda one he got), a Hello Kitty cake and a caterpillar cake.

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10 6 and rising 5. Venue was really quite spenny but I saved where I could.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 3 years exactly

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Meredith and Derek's in Grey's Anatomy.

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Work out what you want and go with it. It's your day, not anyone else's. Fix your budget early on and keep a note of EVERYTHING you spend. Those little bits and pieces (especially at the end) can - and do - soon add up.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... the journey of a lifetime

I don't regret ANYTHING about my wedding - except possibly the £400 we spent on food for the evening guests.

The best spend was definitely the photographer - if anyone is in the SW and looking for a fab photographer who's actually quite reasonably priced then PM me and I'll pass on his details (He's based in Southampton but travelled to me in Bristol)

Link to our photobucket site: Emmylou's wedding
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all :beer:
    B&SC Member No 324

Living with ME, fibromyalgia and (newly diagnosed but been there a long time) EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility). Woo hoo :rotfl:
  • alicecone
    Options
    20 questions just for a bit of fun!!!

1. Wedding date? 16th February 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Peach and Grey

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? My dress!

4. Best bargain? Bridesmaids dress £10 or 130 favours for £18

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about?
    expensive photographer

6. Venue? Local pub

7. Engagement ring? My fiancees mum's

8. Describe your partner in 5 words Funny, loyal, smart, caring, gorgeous!!

9.First Dance song? Not having one

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Not getting the day before my wedding off work!!

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? I've been pretty chilled out

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? That it will rain!

13. Number of guests? 100

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My mum!

15. Flavour of cake Fruit

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10? 9

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? Three days under a year!!

27 dresses

Enjoy the planning and make everything!!
    20. Finish this sentence

Marriage is not a word it is...........
    Loving through good times and bad!
  • lisajane8482
    lisajane8482 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    Emmylou wrote: »
    Link to our photobucket site: Emmylou's wedding

Lovely photo's, I love your venue, it's so different but lovely.

Congratulations to you both :T
  • Luella-14_2
    Luella-14_2 Posts: 162 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2014 at 3:56PM
    Options
    I thought it's time to revive this thread

1. Wedding date?
    22nd December 2014

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme?
    Christmas /red

3. Thing you have splashed out most on?
    Alcohol (open bar)

4. Best bargain?
    Making paper flowers (£15 for 3 bouquets and 5 buttonholes)

Signature cocktail

6. Venue?
    City centre "boutique" hotel

7. Engagement ring?
    18c white gold 0.6ct diamond (he chose it)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words.
    Loyal, amusing, grounded, northern, mine.

9.First Dance song?
    No dancing!

10. Biggest panic moment so far?
    People who aren't invited asking questions

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment?
    None.

12. Worst fear about the wedding day?
    I'll get all flustered (I hate being centre of attention)

13. Number of guests?

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning-
    no one, it's all on me

15. Flavour of cake:
    sponges- vanilla, lemon and chocolate

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10?

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 2years 7months

Howard & Bernadette, TBBT

It's your day, have it however you want, but don't let planning take over your life.

20. Finish this sentence

Marriage is not a word it is...........
    A exciting future
  • Ruby_Roo
    Ruby_Roo Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 August 2014 at 8:24PM
    Options
    I agree! This is great fun!

1. Wedding date? 31 December 2015

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Dark purple, no theme.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? The reception package.

4. Best bargain? Not exactly a bargain cos he's still expensive but we managed to bag our photographer just as he was putting together packages, rather than doing prices off the cuff as before, and he's done us a really great deal - we'd have paid loads more if we had to pay the package price for what we're getting.

5. Stupidest thing you decided you had to have (before getting engaged) and now don't care about? I always thought I wanted a chocolate fountain but we've gone for a candy buffet instead. Can't think of anything else.

6. Venue? The church where my parents and grandparents got married and an out of town hotel/country club.

7. Engagement ring? A yellow gold eternity style ring - not what I'd have chosen for myself but I love it and haven't snagged any jumpers on it ;)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words.
    Messy, hard-working, kind, loyal, funny.

9. First dance sing? Not having one.

10. Biggest panic moment so far? My first choice cake maker telling me she doesn't work between Christmas and New Year under any circumstances. I didn't have a plan B (but got a cake sorted now!)

11. Biggest Bridezilla moment? I was trying to get a date in the diary for 6+ months time to do bridesmaids shopping and one of my bridesmaids was being obstructive about all the dates suggested - I was ready to rip her head off (but I didn't let her see it).

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? Tripping over as I walk down the aisle, I'm so clumsy.

13. Number of guests? 86 on the day list, but some I've been made to invite and they'll hopefully do the decent thing and decline because they don't like me either. Another 30-40 in the evening.

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning? My Mum.

15. Flavour of cake? Four tiers - fruit, vanilla, chocolate and lemon.

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10? 6 - I've cut a lot of costs where I can but I've also splashed out on a couple of things.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 8 years, 4 months.

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Ariel and Eric - The Little Mermaid.

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone planning their wedding? Don't let the opinions of others influence you - have what you want and don't let jealous or hateful people xrah you down.

20. Finish this sentence. Marriage is not a word it is......... The beginning of a great adventure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure