• sexybabe1982
    sexybabe1982 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Just had to give this a go!!

1. Wedding date? 6th April 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Purple and silver

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Venue

4. Best bargain? Cake - friend making it for us

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? A big fairytale princess style dress (when I tried one on it was a definite no!)

6. Venue? Hotel by the sea

7. Engagement ring? White gold with single diamond (OH picked so no idea of details!)

8. Describe your partner in 5 words. fun, caring, annoying, patient and loving

9.First Dance song? Amazed by Lonestar

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Worrying that I'll pass out at the 'altar'

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Nothing major so far

12. Worst fear about the wedding day Passing out whilst saying vows and rain!

13. Number of guests? 65ish in day, 100 at night

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning My bridesmaid and best friend

15. Flavour of cake Probably sponge, chocolate and sticky toffee (undecided yet)

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 prob 7 for value so far (bought lots off ebay and vistaprint)

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 4 years and 3 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Love Actually wedding or Monica & Chandlers wedding in friends

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding Start planning early and buying bits as you go along

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... an amazing chapter of your life (hopefully!)

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    20 questions just for a bit of fun!!!

1. Wedding date? 30th March 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Red for the colour, village fete/picnic for the reception

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? The photographer, Ive heard too many horror stories to skimp on that one

4. Best bargain? My brand new Maggie Sottero Dress bought as a pristine sample for £600 instead of £1500 :j

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Wedding Cars - far too pricey for a short ride

6. Venue? Bromley registry office then the Beckenham Public Hall

7. Engagement ring? White gold, ruby flanked by diamonds

8. Describe your partner in 5 words geek, clever, funny, friend, cheeky

9.First Dance song? Currently Jason Mraz I won't give up. Its changed a few times already

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Thinking I was never going to find a dress I loved in budget

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Letting people wind me up about things they dont approve of. Its my wedding so they can suck it up and live with it.

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? Falling over

13. Number of guests? 92 in the day, 120 in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning? The boy has been most helpful

15. Flavour of cake? Id have three layers of red velvet but have to compromise so one red velvet, one maderia, one fruit. Im making it myself eek
    16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10? Id go with 9. Im selling lots on ebay to pay for bits of the wedding like the ushers ties. No money physically hanges hands which is very satisfying

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 5 years minus 2 days

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Cant think of one!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding? Its not all consuming, try to have another interest apart from the wedding.
    20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is a lifetime of togetherness
  • moreofthegoodstuff
    Options
    1. Wedding date?

4th of August 2012....FIVE WEEKS!!

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme?

Teal blue, never go for it because it's a nightmare to match/find

3. Thing you have splashed out most on?

The food for everyone was definitely the most expensive thing

4. Best bargain?

I made my wedding invitations which saved loads because they are so expensive to buy personalised!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about?

A really expensive wedding I guess, I always thought I would have to save up for years but we have managed to organise something really nice and we won't have any debts to pay for it

6. Venue?

A really nice pub that has a large function room and outdoor area

7. Engagement ring?

18ct white gold with a diamond

8. Describe your partner in 5 words

My best friend

9.First Dance song?

Eric Clapton- Wonderful Tonight

10. Biggest panic moment so far?

It sounds daft but I just worry that it will all come together, I book each thing (cake, car, buying decorations etc) and I just really hope it all looks good

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment?

I got fed up with the organisation of the hen do and the pleasing of everyone so I'm just not going to bother

12. Worst fear about the wedding day

I am worried about the timings, for some silly reason I booked it at 3pm and the evening guests are due at 730pm...I just hope it all comes together as we have to get from the church to the venue and eat before 7.30pm, will it work!?!?

13. Number of guests?

82 people in the day and 35 more in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning

My mum has helped loads with decision making but my brother and his girlfriend made all my stationary (except the invites!) and it all looks amazing, I would never have been able to do what they have done

15. Flavour of cake

Random but we have four tiers and flavours, victoria sponge, lemon, chocolate orange and carrot! I couldn't decide so I thought I would give everyone a choice

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10

7/10

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day?

Just over five years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding?

American Pie the wedding!

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding

Write everything down, I booked everything a year ago and have no idea with 5 weeks to go when it all needs to be paid!!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........

Going to be hard work but SO worth it
  • monkey_prints
    Options

1. Wedding date? Possibly March 9th

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Red, White, Black

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Honeymoon (Easter Island)

4. Best bargain? Wedding Dress (£75 altered to my spec)

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Dunno a Page Boy?

6. Venue? Ruthin Jail

7. Engagement ring? White gold, 3 inter-twining rings representing my partner and I and our little one, designed specifically

8. Describe your partner in 5 words Funny, Handsome, Odd, Laidback, Loving

9.First Dance song? Pearl Jam Wishlist

10. Biggest panic moment so far?
    Waiting for mother;'s reaction when she finds out I'm not inviting my brother...

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment?
    Still to come

12. Worst fear about the wedding day
    My brother would actually show up

13. Number of guests?

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning

Partner so far

15. Flavour of cake
    Mixed (Making myself) chocolate, sponge and maybe fruit

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10

Nearly 6 years

Dunno

Don't go mad with little stuff, keep to a budget don't start your married life in lots of debt

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........an adventure
  • Scotsbride
    Scotsbride Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    Edited some of my answers now they've changed
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • stir_crazy
    stir_crazy Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2012 at 10:33AM
    Options

1. Wedding date? 6th October 2012

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Autumn!

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Venue

4. Best bargain? My wedding shoes - ebay!

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? I can't think of anything!

6. Venue? Norwood Hall

7. Engagement ring? White gold, paraiba tourmaline with diamonds on the shoulders

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: Funny, strong, big cuddly bear

9.First Dance song? Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Worrying about the budget (I thought I had forgotten to budget for something!)

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Organising the hen party!

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: People not turning up, and my dad's speech.

13. Number of guests?
    80-ish (probably just over) during the day, then 90-110 in the evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning: Mum and OH

15. Flavour of cake
    Wedding cake will be 3 tiers of fruit.
    16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10

5 years, 2 months and 3 weeks

Dont have one

Dont let people tell you what should and shouldn't be done. Do what you want.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........the icing on the cake :)
  • lisajane8482
    lisajane8482 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I'd renew my answers and revive the thread
    1. Wedding date? 6th July 2013

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Burgundy and Roses

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Reception

4. Best bargain? 2 Debut dresses £70 each but I paid £28 new with tags Bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses I've paid £125 for 4 adult dresses and 3 childrens dresses which should have cost around £500

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? None that I can think of horse and carriage

6. Venue? Preston Hall Museum

7. Engagement ring? Pandora Silver Melanite Ring

8. Describe your partner in 5 words. Funny, sweet, handsome, slightly annoying

9. First Dance song? hopefully Avenged Sevenfold "warmness on the soul" or Greenday "when it's time" Keith Urban "Memories of us" I gave in to the OH choice

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Nothing yet but there's still plenty of time When OH told me the register office had rang and there was a problem with our notice as someone had put in an objection.... he was only kidding but for 10 minutes I was close to having a heart attack

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? OH wanting to pay for his Mum's outfit but saying we don't have enough to pay for my Mum's

12. Worst fear about the wedding day. being left at the alter Falling over on the way down the aisle

13. Number of guests? 70-80 for the ceremony, 150-180 for the evening 84 day, 172 evening

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning. My mum and nana, constantly giving me any advice I need

15. Flavour of cake. Fruit (homemade) and sponge (shop bought) Fruit (made by nana and daughter) and sponge (made by friend)

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10. 8 7

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 5 years, 1 month and 26 days

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? I can't think of one at the moment but if I do I will update Monica and Chandler - Friends

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding. Don't stress too much do what you want it's your wedding at the end of the day

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... a great excuse for a party. Seriously, Marriage is not a word it is a chance to show commitment to the one person you will love forever. the beginning of something beautiful
  • DubPrincess
    Options
    Aw I LOVE stuff like this :):):)

1. Wedding date? 9/08/2014

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? white and pink

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? the honeymoon and my dress!

4. Best bargain? My dress! :D

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? A certain reception venue

6. Venue? Bedford

7. Engagement ring? White gold three stone princess cut

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: The light of my life :)

9.First Dance song? Dire Straits

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Deciding the dress I'd paid for wasn't 'the one'

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Persuading the dress woman to give my money back! (I won)

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: the in laws causing problems

13. Number of guests? 160

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning: Errr me? Complete bridezilla

15. Flavour of cake: two tier fruit, top tier vanilla sponge

16. Rate your own :money: MSEness out of 10: 6 :o

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 3 years

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Twilight :cool:

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding: Make a folder! I lose so many bits of paper!

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... an honour :A
  • continualdiamond
    Options
    1. Wedding date? 26th August 2011

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? teal, silver and black

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? Food

4. Best bargain? Cake and wedding car, both FREE

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now dont care about? Big wedding

6. Venue? The Full Moon, Morton

7. Engagement ring? Yellow gold, 3 clusters of flowers

8. Describe your partner in 5 words: Amazing, supportive, funny, caring, handsome

9.First Dance song? No 1st dance

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Cake stand hire being double booked and having to find one with a week to go

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Fiance wanting jelly babies for wedding favours and just hating the idea

12. Worst fear about the wedding day: Fiance not turning up

13. Number of guests? 25

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning: No one

15. Flavour of cake:Vanilla sponge, 8 inch square cake on top with 35 cupcakes underneath. Guests had cupcakes as afters with single pot of ice cream

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10: 3 (whole day thing done for £2,500)

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 10 years and 10 months

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Father of the bride

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding: Enjoy every moment, it goes too quick

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is........... two people coming together to unite their love for one another
    Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016
  • purrrrrfect44
    purrrrrfect44 Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2013 at 11:02PM
    Options
    1. Wedding date? December 2014 (engaged 28th December 2012)

2. Wedding theme or colour scheme? Sparkle, Champagne, silver & pale gold.

3. Thing you have splashed out most on? The food (although still a small amount as our venue is a pub and we are only having 30 guests).

4. Best bargain? My wedding dress - Monsoon...down from £250 to £75 and fits me perfectly.

5. Stupidest thing you decided that you had to have (before getting engaged) and now don't care about? Nothing - I haven't ever really dreamed of a big wedding.

6. Venue? A tiny village pub (The Full Moon - Morton) that has been licensed for civil ceremonies and it is where we will also be having the reception - very intimate and relaxed.

7. Engagement ring? Simple white gold with a round cut diamond...chosen by my fiance in the right size and presented to me in Paris.

8. Describe your partner in 5 words....everything I ever wanted & more.

9.First Dance song? No first dance here... instead we are having board games and quizzes to entertain the guests. Although we will be playing One Republic - Good Life as our song.

10. Biggest panic moment so far? Nothing at the moment, we have two years to go and have already got the dress, venue and registrar sorted & booked....I am a teacher so organisation is my middle name.

11.Biggest Bride/Groomzilla moment? Putting my foot down when my dad said 'at a bare minimum you need to invite your uncle/aunt' when we are only having a max of 30 guests and I haven't spoken to them in years... I had to put my foot down then.

12. Worst fear about the wedding day? People being bored at the reception.

13. Number of guests? 28

14. The one person who has helped you more than anyone during the planning? My mum... she is so creative and is going to do my cake, flowers, & helping me with the decorations & invites etc.

15. Flavour of cake - sponge?

16. Rate your own MSEness out of 10 - 9/10 the only area I will be paying full price and/or not doing some of it myself is the wedding car.

17. How long will you have been together on your wedding day? 3 years and 4 months.

18. Favourite TV or Movie wedding? Ok im sure there will be some people who disagree but the Twilight wedding...yes very OTT but pretty beautiful.

19. Piece of advice you would give anyone who is planning their wedding - do what is right for you, if you want relaxed and small go for it, don't be persuaded by tradition or what is expected of a modern day wedding. We are having our whole day in a small pub and it's just what we want...not expected but perfect for us.

20. Finish this sentence
    Marriage is not a word it is...........a conscious decision to share your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure