Options
    geolabuk wrote: »
    This isn't a debate - it's the law.

are you judge,jury and executioner?
    are all the red necks 1st?
  • Brooke_Daver
    Options
    After speaking to the police, they realise the massive scale of this crime, this is a PLC with special privileges, holding thousands of peoples' property to ransom for a charge.

Plenty of businesses only release people's goods when the account has been settled.

You are wasting everyones time with this.
  • Brooke_Daver
    Options
    Again, you are wrong and not taking notice of my posts. Sean O'Hara of the Postal Commission, (The Home of the Postal Services Act 2000) has told me that I have to take this action and that there is no immunity from prosecution.

Why don't you phone him yourself instead of wasting your time writing gibberish nonsense - get it from the horse's mouth.

They don't have to offer this service - it can be paid on-line - direct to Customs.

But what of all the people who find it far more converinent to simply pay the postie?

And what of all the people who are not online or do not want to have to pay a third party customs clearing agent rather than RM?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    im not complaining.one less job for me to do in the morning ;)
  • geolabuk
    geolabuk Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again,

I have been told yesterday by Sean O'Hara (Post Comm) that Royal Mail have not provided legislation that allows them to hold packets in lien for their clearance fees. PostComm is sympathetic with my view that our right to pay import duties directly to Customs has been taken away and is approaching Post Watch about an on-line payment system.

It seems that Royal Mail are so desperate to cover their !!!!!! and not be found guilty until the last possible moment, they now want to see the original written notes of the relevant sections of the Postal Services Act 2000 to see if anything has been left out or misinterpreted. Their lawyers are clutching at straws.

In my view, and with regard to the current situation where Royal Mail cannot provide evidence that they are holding packets in lien legally, they should notify all depot staff to hand over packets to disgruntled customers immediately, if they refuse to do this, they are putting their staff in danger of prosecution.

Sean O'Hara has also told me the only way to enforce the Act is for me (or any other individual) to seek a criminal prosecution through the Crown Prosecution Service, I will be making my statement to the police on Tuesday.

If this has happened to you and you want to prosecute, please let me know by phone or text - 0790 2552777

Mark

Last night at 7:00pm I attended Lakeside Police Station, Swansea, and made my statement for criminal action against the depot worker and Parcelforce PLC.

I suggest that anyone interested in fighting for their right to dispute the clearance fee should try and pay their VAT (not the clearance fee) at the depot, then call the police who will act as witnesses in the impending prosecution.

You will then have to request that your local constabulary support a criminal prosecution of the employee and parcelforce under sections 83, 84, 104 and 105 of the Postal Services Act 2000. If they need to reference the prosecution, please ask them to phone PC Tom Richardson at Lakeside Police Station, Swansea.

Good luck,

Mark 0790 2552777
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    all gone a bit quiet here..............................
  • MissEyre
    MissEyre Posts: 650 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed, I followed this with interest when The Greatest Crime Ever was uncovered but have been disappointed by the lack of followup :rotfl:
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    They are not going to ignore me.

Seems they are at the moment!
  • Steph_W
    Steph_W Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again,

I have been told yesterday by Sean O'Hara (Post Comm) that Royal Mail have not provided legislation that allows them to hold packets in lien for their clearance fees. PostComm is sympathetic with my view that our right to pay import duties directly to Customs has been taken away and is approaching Post Watch about an on-line payment system.

It seems that Royal Mail are so desperate to cover their !!!!!! and not be found guilty until the last possible moment, they now want to see the original written notes of the relevant sections of the Postal Services Act 2000 to see if anything has been left out or misinterpreted. Their lawyers are clutching at straws.

In my view, and with regard to the current situation where Royal Mail cannot provide evidence that they are holding packets in lien legally, they should notify all depot staff to hand over packets to disgruntled customers immediately, if they refuse to do this, they are putting their staff in danger of prosecution.

Sean O'Hara has also told me the only way to enforce the Act is for me (or any other individual) to seek a criminal prosecution through the Crown Prosecution Service, I will be making my statement to the police on Tuesday.

If this has happened to you and you want to prosecute, please let me know by phone or text - 0790 2552777

Mark

Ha Ha Ha I this some kind of wind-up? Bet the Parcelforce workers are quaking in there boots at the thought of facing legal proceedings against them!! Stop wasting police time.

Funny how postwatch allowed Royal Mail to double their clearance fee recently isn't it considering they are only now asking RM to prove it is legal.

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport