Cheapest place to buy malarone?

Options
123457»

Comments

• deelo555
    deelo555 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    kuepper wrote: »
    that comparison site is misleading as it doesn't have online prices for Lloyds pharmacy. Malarone are £2.24 each there so 16 are £35.84, and free postage over £35, so nearly £15 cheaper than express pharmacy. If you don't need that many I find Tesco cheapest

Not sure where you are getting your information from...It does include Lloyds and Lloyds is very expensive. I've updated my post as the cheapest provider is now MedExpress.
  • kdogg_05
    kdogg_05 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah - I think it's important now to note that there is Malarone, and a generic version available as well

Lloyds is okay for the generic, but it's on the expensive side for Malarone. Their price list is available if you google Lloyds online doctor malaria.

I've managed to find two good sources, as I make regular trips abroad. Doctor Fox - (price lists if you google doctor fox malaria prices), is consistently amongst the cheapest, but be careful as they have a prescription charge added to the price. So depending on how many you buy, they can be more expensive.

Simple Online Pharmacy has been the cheapest, BUT their prices sometimes change. So always check they are the cheapest rather than jumping in. No prescription fee for them, and free delivery on order over £35. (google simple online pharmacy malaria tablets)

Sorry - I'm a newbie so not allowed to post links!
  • ianllandaff
    Options
    Asda is pretty cheap at £1.25 each, you have to see a pharmacist so check there's one instore before you travel.
    The same rule applies in Tesco - I was Quoted £1.39 today, still cheaper than most others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure