Operating System (Linux / Windows) in Polish?

Options
124»

Comments

• candtalan
    candtalan Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    that works fine with Windows 7 starter.
    You purchased it with a fully licensed and fully configured Starter Windows 7, so yes, it jolly well should work!
    I use Ubuntu (and only Ubuntu) on all my machines, I have a lot, and the developers usually have to play catchup in the event following the products as they find them, they do a pretty good job.
    This is getting easier. The major manufacturer of Wireless chips in the world, Broadcom, recently *joined* the Linux Foundation.
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I may try an ethernet cable at some point or try Ubuntu/Easypeasy on another machine. I was just trying it out really, as I might get a new netbook/laptop and install a Polish option on it.
  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Options
    Tell them to use an English version and give him/her a dictionary as he'll never learn English............. ;o)))
  • candtalan
    candtalan Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    23n1th wrote: »
    Steer clear of 11.04, it has that rubbish Unity windows manager! I wont be using it until its not the default interface. Besides you'll probably need a lighter distro to run on a zoostorm netbook.
    I am using unity and it is quite good, and anyway all you have to do is log into Ubuntu Classic if you want to see Gnome 2.
  • 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    candtalan wrote: »
    I am using unity and it is quite good, and anyway all you have to do is log into Ubuntu Classic if you want to see Gnome 2.

It's personal preference, I don't like unity and I'd rather not use an OS with it as a default. With the amount of effort being directed to unity I don't imagine they will bother much with gnome in future releases. Currently using LMDE which I'm liking more than ubuntu atm.
  • clinteestwood
    Options
    DONT buy a usb with Ubuntu already installed!!! Just download the image and create your own startup disk. This will save you time and money! Ubuntu will allow you to apply system wide changes to help with language and spelling in virtually all languages, including polish
    I'm not normally a religious man, but... if you're up there, save me, Superman!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure