1130131132133134136»

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 February 2021 at 4:55PM
    Options
    uksuzy said:
    A Guaranteed lowest price promise in UK. How long is this valid for? I took up quote due to promise & had item fitted. Less than 30days since quote & found exactly the same with another company over £1000 cheaper. Company will not honour promise as now its fitted. Is this right?
    I could have had a better Warranties with other company too!
    Without knowing the terms of their offer, I couldn't say.  It will be valid for as long as the terms of the offer say it's valid, and fitting may end the validity period if that's in the terms.

What's the company and what are the terms of the price promise?
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    uksuzy said:
    A Guaranteed lowest price promise in UK. How long is this valid for? I took up quote due to promise & had item fitted. Less than 30days since quote & found exactly the same with another company over £1000 cheaper. Company will not honour promise as now its fitted. Is this right?
    I could have had a better Warranties with other company too!
    There is no consumer right to a price promise so any terms attached to it are down to the company offering it, they are the only ones who can tell you the terms including how long it is valid for. You should always do your shopping around before buying and once bought stop looking elsewhere because you'll only be disappointed if you find things cheaper when it's too late.
  • Wennad
    Options
    Online purchase received broken, reported to retailer, they've said they can collect it but not until 23 November (7 months from now) and will process the refund after that! Do I have the right to insist on an earlier collection?
  • David713
    David713 Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 April 2021 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Wennad said:
    Do I have the right to insist on an earlier collection?
    I'm not too sure about that but assuming that you purchased as a consumer from a business in the UK then you do have the right to a full within 14 days of the seller acknowledging your right to return the item.
    Your right of rejection is covered here:
    Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk)
    (15)A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.

Is the item something small that you could store easily?
    If the seller doesn't agree to refund you now then depending on how you paid, a card chargeback or "Section 75" claim would be worth considering.
  • Wennad
    Options
    David713 said:
    Wennad said:
    Do I have the right to insist on an earlier collection?
    I'm not too sure about that but assuming that you purchased as a consumer from a business in the UK then you do have the right to a full within 14 days of the seller acknowledging your right to return the item.
    Your right of rejection is covered here:
    [link removed]
    (15)A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.

Is the item something small that you could store easily?
    If the seller doesn't agree to refund you now then depending on how you paid, a card chargeback or "Section 75" claim would be worth considering.

Thanks David713. I wrote back to them requesting a new collection date within 30 days, confirmation that they would refund within 14 days after that, and that if they don't confirm all this within 5 working days or fail to collect/refund to these timescales I would raise a Chargeback. They've since written back saying they will refund within 3 to 5 days without collecting, which means a trip to the dump for me to get rid of the thing, but that's good enough. And if they don't follow through with the refund, I imagine having in writing that they've agreed to refund will make it easier if I have to raise a Chargeback with my credit card provider. Thanks again!
  • lisa7271
    Options
    Hi
    i purchased a fitness app with Team RH fitness and quickly realised it didn’t have anything on it that I didn’t know or could google, I really want to cancel but I’m tied in for 6 months at £7 a month, it’s not a lot of money but I’m not using it. They say I can’t cancel as I now have access to the app, Ashbourne management are instructed to take the payment have been to court a few times for bullying customers. I accepted the terms on the app but is their any way at all I can get out or just cancel my dd? Many thanks 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dont see why as you should have investigated before purchase .Neither can you blame them for your choice not to use .
    Cancelling a lawfull DD usually ends up with debt collectors and credit record trashed .
    Pay the 6 months and be sure to cancel at the end .
  • MyloMaLak
    Options
    Hi,

I bought a litter tray online, at the time I did not realise that the delivery company the seller used wouldn't deliver on the weekend, and only delivered to my address Monday - Friday between 12pm and 2pm when I'm always at work.

So I cancelled the order and was told that I would get the full price of the products I ordered refunded, but that they are entitled to keep the price I paid for delivery. It also clearly states all of this in their terms and conditions. However the delivery was free, so by deducting the price of their standard delivery I am not getting the full price of the products I ordered which goes against their own terms and conditions.

Are they allowed to do this? I have included a screenshot of the terms and conditions and highlighted the parts I'm referring to.

Thanks.

• Bigi
    Bigi Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought 2 sofas from SCS approx 2 years ago, 1 has been falling to bits, a technician came round to inspect and produce a report, they have advised it is due to a manufacturing fault and can be repaired by replacing the seat internals and coverings. This means we'd have 1 sofa that is half original and half new material and 1 that is all original, so most likely will not match. Where do I stand with this, do I have to accept the repair? Can I refuse and ask for a replacement or refund?
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,524 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bigi said:
    Bought 2 sofas from SCS approx 2 years ago, 1 has been falling to bits, a technician came round to inspect and produce a report, they have advised it is due to a manufacturing fault and can be repaired by replacing the seat internals and coverings. This means we'd have 1 sofa that is half original and half new material and 1 that is all original, so most likely will not match. Where do I stand with this, do I have to accept the repair? Can I refuse and ask for a replacement or refund?

You can ask, however legally they are entitled to repair.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback