Quick questions on Consumer Rights

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    idj4 said:
    Where do I stand with this? The local police are hardly going to be interested with a missing Amazon item.

It doesn't matter if the Police are "interested".
    The Police will provide a Crime Number and providing this will facilitate Amazon  then making  a decision on your case. 
    Have you previously complained about similar "undelivered" parcels? 

Your answer to this will very likely dictate whether you receive a refund or not
  • AshleyTM
    Options
    I viewed and made an online purchase from Currys PC world for a Apple Mac Air laptop, it hasn't come up to my expectations but does work fine and I have downloaded MS office to it.  I really do not think this item is for me, the Currys web chat say I cannot return / exchange.  Never been in this position before can any one help. only delivered 7 days ago. Thank you for any help
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AshleyTM said:
    I viewed and made an online purchase from Currys PC world for a Apple Mac Air laptop, it hasn't come up to my expectations but does work fine and I have downloaded MS office to it.  I really do not think this item is for me, the Currys web chat say I cannot return / exchange.  Never been in this position before can any one help. only delivered 7 days ago. Thank you for any help
    Now you've opened, used it and installed software on it, you've gone beyond what would have been reasonable handling to determine its suitability.  If you return it, they would be permitted to make a deduction for the handling to date, which might be a decent chunk.  After all, you wouldn't pay full price for a second hand laptop that had had software installed (and then wiped) by someone else.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ^^^ Is the correct answer.

Currys can't refuse a return, but they can reduce any refund by the amount your handling of the goods has devalued them ... up to 100% (although that's unlikely).
  • pegeen2010
    pegeen2010 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our plumber has installed a Warmflow gas boiler. It appears to be faulty and had to be switched off. For weeks we have tried to get the Warmflow engineers to come and sort it out. They are being difficult over this. It needs to be sorted. Which official body do we engage to help sort out this issue. We have no heat when it's cold and no hot water. 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who supplied the boiler ? is the key  . Did you pay the plumber for the boiler , warmflow or another vendor ??
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AshleyTM said:
    Why would you assume you can return for a refund or exchange? 
    Who would want to pay full price for a laptop that's been used for a week, including being set up? Who pays for the time needed to reset it to factory defaults? 

You can return, but as mentioned they'll deduct a chunk for the fact you've excessively used the item before deciding it wasn't for you. 
  • Kim14A
    Options
    I'm after some advice please, I placed an order online with Holland & Barrett on the 12th May, they took the money the next day and advised my delivery would be with me on the 20th May.  I've still had nothing, i've contacted Customer services, no reply, i've tweeted them, was asked to send them a DM, but have never had a reply.  It seems like lots of similar stories on Twitter & Facebook from other customers too.  

Ideally now i'd like my order cancelled and my money refunded, but without a peep from customer services, i'm not sure what to do?  Can I claim my money back another way?  Is there a limit for how long a delivery can take after they have taken your money?

any help would be greatly received!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 June 2020 at 10:40AM
    Options
    How did you pay? Raise a chargeback claim against your card provider for non-delivery of goods. First send a cancellation notice to H&B via the method described in their T&Cs.
  • Kim14A
    Options
    DoaM said:
    How did you pay? Raise a chargeback claim against your card provider for non-delivery of goods. First send a cancellation notice to H&B via the method described in their T&Cs.
    i actually paid via paypal, so i'll look into that!  Thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback