We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 5

Options

Comments

• cookiemonster25
    Options
    Do you have to cook chorizo or can you just eat it?

Sorry to butt in but I'm eating some rice and just thought mm chorizo.

i think you can just eat it, i like mine cooked though burns some of the fat off!!
  • mayjo
    mayjo Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    ashe wrote: »
    1. I use 2-3 vouchers per day. Used 4 once but it was too time consuming, so killed a voucher on the cider deal (4 for £25)

2. On my own I'll go back in and get another shop after dropping first off in the car, then third shop in another tesco. if i've got a mate with me they usually do 1 voucher and do a shop with me the first time, then get their own voucher the 2nd time while i pay for 3rd set. saves a lot of time this way.

I initially focused on alcohol and when I decided I had enough, moved onto food and cleaning products etc.

I ran out of space in my drinks cupboard (double kitchen cupboard) and now my wardrobe looks like this:

225285_10150228348676355_582001354_9098653_7622436_n.jpg
    :rotfl:

I do feel a a little bit guilty. a little bit. but I've spent a fortune in tesco and its not breaking any laws, just dodging T&C's.

probably had over a grand out of them since i started doing it (back before the £20 limit!)

Ha ha - that really made me LOL!!! I took a picture of my wee alcohol collection earlier and sent it to my pals - not as vast a collection as yours but very satisfying - mmmm - you're missing the Gordon's!:D
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok...enoughs enough!...no vouchers ...off to bed will check again in morning now....nite everyone...
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • charleym_2
    Options
    Evenin' all....

For my maiden voyage, would this work do you think?

Fairy Non Bio Gel (962ml), T=£8.17, A=£4.00, DTD=£8.34, Net=-£0.17

mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Laundry/Fairy_Excel_Non_Bio_Laundry_Gel_26_Washes_962ml.html

If so, how do I update the (rather super) spreadsheet?

:o
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Biggie747 wrote: »
    Ashe - being new I can't quote your picture again

My friend, I have been a guest on this forum for weeks now and done a couple of vouchers per day. It's hard work but I love the buzz of it. Especially with kids (cornetto's) and a wife (Jacobs Creek) and going on holiday next month (sun cream)

But that photo finally prompted me to register. I salute you :T and would love to come to your next bbq.

PS - my kids have got really clean teeth. :rotfl::rotfl:

:D Glad you like it haha
  • babyfo
    babyfo Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    icon11.gifFirst DTD - so go easy on me!...
    Evenin' all....

mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Laundry/Fairy_Excel_Non_Bio_Laundry_Gel_26_Washes_962ml.ht ml

There is a link to click at the top of the spreadsheet then you just fill in the form. Fingers crossed it works something good to stock up on
  • cookiemonster25
    Options
    charleym wrote: »
    Evenin' all....

mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Laundry/Fairy_Excel_Non_Bio_Laundry_Gel_26_Washes_962ml.html

:o

i think someone said they were trying it today , the only difference we could see was it said excel gel on tesco and just gel on asda, not sure it would make a difference but you never know with tescos:)
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2011 at 11:15PM
    Options
    I got the Fairy non bio gel today along with the conditioner. Will hopefully be able to confirm tomorrow - hurry up vouchers!

And it doesn't say excel on the bottle...
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A new one maybe?? unconfirmed

Anchor spreadable butter 500g

Asda £2
    Tesco £2.60
    DTD £1.20
    net cost £1.40
  • charleym_2
    Options
    i think someone said they were trying it today , the only difference we could see was it said excel gel on tesco and just gel on asda, not sure it would make a difference but you never know with tescos:)
    Thanks. I'd be interested to see if this makes a difference. The mysupermarket site seems to cross-compare O so assuming the DTD voucher super computer using the same / similar comparison engine so should be a match. Guess time will tell...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport