From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Missmontana - wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... this one of yours looks exactly like Chloe LLO

182720_10150133523615498_677215497_8342377_3423825_n.jpg
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG - and this one's belly is like Chloe's, never know how to describe it, kindo og beige colour, curly kind og fur on her belly, like this one of yours.... LOL

189510_10150144671815498_677215497_8456331_3375779_n.jpg
  • missmontana
    missmontana Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    exactly, his dad was an nfc and mum just a black mog, but he has all the looks, just not going to be as massive as a pure breed. even tho he's well on his way to being 4kg and he's not a year old yet!
    :D

his belly is actually spotty but hard to see in that pic!
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I honeslty can not believe how similar they lok - even the black feet and curly cream belly .....LOL

Whe I was with my ex and we got Chloe, I had to catch her in a shed where she was born and lived with her mum and siblings, she was the "scruffy" looking cat then, felt sorry for her as she was quite ermmmm ugly looking so took her (read: bought her for £50, five years ago). She turned into this georgeous, friendly purring machine from a total wild ferral scruff of a cat though.....
  • rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a problem - Chloe has... dandruff, a LOT of it.

Any idea what to do about that?

Somehow can not imagine giving her a bath....hmmmmm

Felix & Go-cat's additives that isn't great for them. The brushing should also help.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    She was fed felix and Go Cat at ex'es place.

She has hapily switched to Animonda and Classic (wet) and Orijen/Taste of the Wild/Go Cat mix in here.

I still mix their dry with a bit of Go Cat as bought a lot of it while still working and still have few bags of it but I have mixed it with taste of the Wild and Orijen in the container and will not buy any more...

She does look a bit better now, she sleeps on my sating bed covers so possibly that helps too - apparently sating is good for hair, she must know that LOL

Daily brushing got rid of most of the dead fur but she is so hairy that.... hmmmmm her fur is very very soft and 5 minutes after brushing she is back to usual scruffy herself :)

Found Chloe and Zara on the bed together today - about 30 inches from one another. Zara flat as a pancake, not moving, happy that she got THAT close and Chloe not hissing at all, just watching that big hairy thing next to her.

Last nigth broubut she got bored half way through and went back to my bedroom - jumping over the dog in the process.

Tomorrow will be a week since she is here - I really expected worse than that, they are actually getting along fine - considering it has only been a week.

I do nto believe in keeping pets tottaly separate, the door in my bedroom was shut only the first nioght when Chloe arrived - otherwise it is open and they just simply take their time to get to know one another on their own terms.

The only thing that drives me up the wall is Fred trying to use Chloe's litter box which is in my bedroom. Chloe is the only NORMAL cat here that poos once per day, my other 4 poo 3-4 times per day and Fred likes to come to Chloe's tray in the middle of the night and poo in here yukkkkkkk, not in the bedroom...... The other tray is in the hallway... But I guess Fred is showing this way that he was here first and he does what he wants LOL
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    getting closer... ;)

.. and closer....

from this morning

20110507_1535.jpg

20110507_1536.jpg
  • rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could wet-wipe her - this seemed to help mine. Contemplating doing my two today actually (living alone: bathing/showering cats would be total madness) with a change of collar & flea drops on the neck!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Introducing Ted/Teddy - can number 6 in my flat - arrived about 2 hours ago.

Somehow I knew that was coming... sigh... do not even ask.

Ted is not even vaccinated (will take him to Celia Hammond, they vaccinate for £20), not wormed (ex "could not get the tablet into him"), was told he was flea treated.. sigh.... Ex left his carrier, scratch post, 5 sachets of Felix and some cash for the vaccinations/worming/bit of food...

Ted is MASSIVE, and I do mean MASSIVE - never ever seen a cat this size.

Let him out of the carrier, he calmly walked around my bedroom, obviously recognised Chloe on the window, sat with her for a bit then decided he will be more comfortabl;e on my dressing table and moved himself there.

Tottaly ignoring the dog, not hiding, not hissing.. as if he always lived here.

Zara is over the moon, another "baby" to look after (her on the floor next to dressing table, Ted her next project after she tamed Chloe). My other 4 cats walked in and were not bothered by him, Fred even jumped on the window between Chloe and Ted - I so wish I took a photo then as Ted is at least 3 times the size of Fred. Now the girls are sniffing him. No hising, nothing at all.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

20110507_1537.jpg

20110507_1538.jpg
  • Morganarla
    Morganarla Posts: 709 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gettingready you are so like me! We've gone from 3 cats 2 dogs and a hamster to 4 (possibly 5!) cats two dogs and a hamster in under a fortnight...! The joys of working as a vetnurse :) Poor Dan is having a heart attack over it all but absolutely adores every single one of them.

Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport