From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will catch up at the weekend - right now coming home half dead.....Thanks again.
  • SadBunny
    SadBunny Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Just seen it again on The Animal Rescue Site - do you click?
    It is a moral boost to be able to support good causes even when we can't spare any cash.
    I also click here.
    You get "paid" credits which you can spend on things such as life saving oral rehydration salts; a school meal for a hungry child; bottle feed a kitten, etc - you chose.
    On a good day I also sign the petitions.
    Sometimes it is important to add a few of your own words, because "Many of the Government organizations have thus decided that all such identical letters — sometimes from thousands of individuals! — will count as just one public comment, making the thousands of signatures invalid."
    (I took myself off most of their mailing lists because I found it a bit overwhelming; but some of their Healthy and Green Living Newsletters are actually quite interesting - so I still receive those.)

• gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry, havent been around much lately - coming home from work every evening and starting on the cat litter boxes from my 6 is... bit busy to say the least.....

Zara goes to a half day care - lady picks her up at 7.30 am and takes for for a walk with her dogs, then to her house, then for another walk with more dogs and then drops her off around 1pm to wait for me to get back around 5-7 (depending on the day)...

One day coming home found Chloe in the wardrobe, must have locked the poor thing in and she must have stayed there all day.. of dear.... me baddddddd :(

Teddy is fine with everyone now but Chloe is not, she still hates all cats and the dog, hisses and goes for the kill at anyone near her. She is permanently attached to my bed and guards it with her life.....

Fun mad house in here - and I am really tired to be honest, trying to juggle all this....

NIte note evryone :)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Ohhh, life sounds hectic as always!

How's the new job going?

You're bound to be a bit tired / frazzled etc for the first few weeks - you'll soon get a routine!

Poor wee Chloe - I locked one of mine in the garage a wee while ago, I hunted everywhere and I was out yelling for him when I heard this pathetic "MIAOW" coming from the garage and .... there he was! (It'd only been a couple of hours:o).

I'm hoping it may cure his fascination with going into places he shouldn't as have visions of him climbing into the back of a delivery van at some point:(.

Hope Chloe "settles" in soon and feels a bit more at home with everyone else.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks - Chloe is still wanting to fight anything that moves. Apart from ME - with me she is the sweetest purring machine, headbutting me whole night for cuddles... yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yup, shattered with the new job but enjoying it.

Left early today as had to take Zara to the vet, got home and took Teddy the massive cat out together with George who is the king of the garden and Fred whop just SOMETIMES likes to go out. The girls Fiona and Phoebe were watching us from the kitchen window, Chloe was guarding my bed "just in case"

Anyway, at some point Teddy decided to go walkies out of the garden into private gardens.... called him for ages, he finally came back jumping on this side of the fence and tried to make a run - caught him by his tail (did not like it very much) and brought the grumpy cat home. Fred and George are still out, ging to bring them in, in a bit. They never leave the garden but I do not trust Teddy (yet) to come back when called so only take him out for supervised walks (15 min) and bring him back home....

Uffffffffff :)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, long time... tired like hell every day...

UPdate - Teddy comes nicely when called so allowed out with George who just loves to hunt for flies and whatever all evening till it gets dark,,,,,

Chloe STILL wants to kill Zara whenever the poor dog gets withing a paw distance.... and poor Zara is still trying to be Chloe's friend.

Fred looks like he ate a ball, he is ROUND... no idea how - with his weird eating habbits he eats half of what other cats eat but is still the fattest....

Teddy i sbig but not fat, he is big bonned and tall - Fred is just simply FAT.....

Phoebe , the smallest of them all, beats the crap out of teddy whenever she passes by him or he pases by her. Teddy being the gentle giant as he is - ignores her and changes direction....

Fiona is guarding her "hut" (cat bed) and does not let anyone else in.....

Zara is being picked up at 7.30 by dog walker for half day dog care (includes 1-2 very nice walks with up to 10 other dogs as 2-3 dog walkers meet up and walk together.. I seen the photos, so jelauosssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :( ) and dropped off between 12 and 1 pm then snores happily waitng for me to come back - no barking......

I am managing somehow but - wih I won the lottery..... :)

Will get some new photos up hopefully at the weekend....

Thanks all who visit this thread and keep up with us ;)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, forgot - ex finally sorted out the microchips and got the paperwork from Petlog for Chloe and Teddy.. still waiting for Chloe's vaccination book though.....

And my daughter insured all 6 cats and set up a DD from her account, Argos Platinum they got, fingers crossed will not have to use it as even the excess would kill me right now to be honest.

ARgos still did not pay for Zarta's x-rays (over £550) done in March - they keep on asking for previous vets history - Zara was with Goddars since I got her at 4 months, different branches but same company and her history has been updated at cyurrent vets/faxed over to Argos and still all a struggle with them. I hope they do pay out grrrrr
  • hostertlady
    hostertlady Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i love to hear your updates :)

with me having 6 cats too it certainly is manic at times.... but 5 of them do at least go out for a bit but sick ( shot) cat has still got collar on and is NEVER going out ever again as he cant be trusted..

i love the sound of 'doggy day care'.......... and the different personalities of all your cats....
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Awww, sorry to hear that Chloe's not settled in - I know how difficult a decision it is to make and fingers crossed you can find a nice home for her.

It may also be worth posting on Purrs in our Hearts forum http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/ - there's a dedicated section for people looking for homes for cats, and also for others who're able to take one in (you'll have to register if not a member already).

Good luck and please keep us updated xxx
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure