🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So now we have a joint photo thread :)

Who else is going to show the rest of us their furbabes?
  • tellmeitsfriday
    tellmeitsfriday Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    These are my two - the originally named Boycat and Girlcat :D

cat.jpg
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Rising from the Ashes - at least :)

Fantastic little fury family you have, when are YOU getting more cats? To catch up with me? LOL

LOL I'd LOVE more.

The only thing that stops me is that my tortie girl HATES other cats.

Having gone through 3 months of total separation (her in the lounge / in & out the back door and him in my bedroom / in & out the front door) and several months of SLOW reintroductions I'm just too worried to get another one.

She literally goes bananas if she sees another cat outside and I think there's a strong chance she'd really hurt (or worse) a kitten:(.

It's funny as she absolutely adores people and the dog, just VERY territorial.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Bit of a grumpy face, she did have her face tucked under her paw when I peaked round the door but woke up when I came in to take the pic!

Miabed-1.jpg
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    His favourite place - the bottom of the wardrobe!

Archiewardrobe-1.jpg
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    These are my two - the originally named Boycat and Girlcat :D

Awwwww, gorgeous!

I had a wee chuckle when I saw the names - I watched a programme not very long ago and they went to visit people who'd rehomed a pig as they had another.

So .... everyone trundled up to the field and they said "what've you called him" - the reply was "Mr Pig", she's called "Mrs Pig".

They went to look at a couple of goats .... "Mr Goat" and "Mrs Goat".

This went on and on and by the time the presenter arrived at the donkeys, he burst out laughing and said "let me guess, Mr Donkey and Mrs Donkey".

Everyone was in stitches and the people said they were just useless at choosing names.

Ohhhhh deeeaaaarrrrr
  • tellmeitsfriday
    Options
    I've had them for 5 years (rescues, beaten up - how could you, they're so cute!)... but I never gave them names.

When I finally had enough cash to get them insured, I had to put their names down... and gc and bc just seemed appropriate. I loves them millions :D
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Woww, some more pctures - fantastic.......

BG and GC LOL, brilliant.....

My Chloe is VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY territorial, still doesn't let cats near her (Teddy ok,most of the time, not always though Teddy was with her in the other house), she hissssssssssses, growl and basically wants to kill them when they are anywhere near her, especially my I mean HER bed....

Goerge my ginger one is so laid back that almost horizontal - used to be scared of Chloe but now he could not care less about her hissing and killer looks, he wants to come to my bed - he comes to my bed, other side than Chloe the terroprist but he does come.

Fiona my silver stripey one still does not like Teddy, and tries to block him now and again in his ventures around the flat - she is like 1/3 his size but he NEVER hisses back at her, just slowly turnes around....

They are all quite charactes, so amusing to watch them....
  • tellmeitsfriday
    Options
    I'm glad you've had time with them all to help them learn to love each other (again).... are you excited about your new job?

Cats are funny aren't they! They squeaked for breakfast very loudly this morning, so I gave in, got up and fed them... and they never ate a morsel! Grr!

I went back to a bed for a while, and they waited patiently for me to get out.... and now the monkeys are totally zonko on the bed.

Have to love them :)
  • hostertlady
    hostertlady Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 27 May 2011 at 4:59PM
    Options
    I LOVE reading all about your cats..... its lovely..
    its funny how they are all different.....and how they mix/dont mix with each other...
    Tia, tabby is 'my' cat ( she decided it) and she follows me evrywhere and is soooooo jealous when i give attention to the others , she actually swipes them!!! jealous mare...

my old ginger tom doesnt give a monkeys about anything.... laid back ( it must be ginger cats)

the black one that loves the flowers/ rhubarb bushes.. well she sits on shoulders for ages and we walk round with her!! O and she likes to run her tongue along the fence outside eating the cobwebs!!!! yuk

the black and white one is the best at 'padding' ouch!! and a hunter

the other tabby is so sweet and girlie

and the stray ginger we took in ( the one that someone shot) well he is a 'user'- he comes and goes, he sometimes hisses when i pick him up.. and also growls a lot!! never sits on laps and i have never heard him purr...... very strange........ but we all love him and cant wait for him to come home from the vets......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport