From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Awww, sorry to hear that Chloe's not settled in - I know how difficult a decision it is to make and fingers crossed you can find a nice home for her.

It may also be worth posting on Purrs in our Hearts forum http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/ - there's a dedicated section for people looking for homes for cats, and also for others who're able to take one in (you'll have to register if not a member already).

Good luck and please keep us updated xxx

Or on http://www.catchat.org/forum.html

Hope it all go's OK for you.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, feel horrible but as I said the situation is no good for both Chloe and Zara so got no choice really.

The 2 websites you have suggested, I tried to register with one of them before but it would not accept my gmail at registration saying it does not accept web based emails... no idea why....
  • paddypaws101
    paddypaws101 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, feel horrible but as I said the situation is no good for both Chloe and Zara so got no choice really.

The 2 websites you have suggested, I tried to register with one of them before but it would not accept my gmail at registration saying it does not accept web based emails... no idea why....

Which one?
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Registerd on both now, waiting for email confirmations and will post there - thanks a lot :(
  • rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trim her claws - not fair on the dog :0(

sorry it didn't work out by the way
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Havent seen Chloe all day today - she slept with me all night after beeing out 7am - 11pm (when she finally decided to come to me downstairs all purring and ready for cuddles), all night on my pillow. The moment I got up and opened the bedroom dorr - Chloe dissapeared. I suspect she is behind the bookcase somewhere... sigh... Not fair on dog AND not fair on Chloe :(

This is very strange though as between teddy and Chloe I was worried Teddy will be the one scared of the dog. But it took Teddy 2 weeks to be ok with Zara, he steps on/over her when coming in/out of my room (Zara likes to sleep in my bedroom doorway - half inside half outside) and started to even ignore her barking (when the intercom rings), he is tottaly chilled out with Zara.

Chloe and Zara were both little when I was with my ex and Chloe was Zara's best frined then. I guess she was a kitty then and after living with my ex for few years and being out most of the time, perhaps she had some bad experiences with dogs and now simply does not trust any dog.

Pity really as my Zara is the best dog with cats inside - she adores "her" cats....

:(
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right, the thread I have started on here trying to rehome Chloe has been deleted :(

A message would have been nice, a warning of some kind... nothing - just deleted :(
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Funnily enough I did wonder as I was trying to find it earlier.

Pants!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh did u see my message suggesting you join the cat section of the petforums? it has an area especially for adoptions
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Something happened yesterday evening, soon after I posted here...

My daughter called me saying that Chloe is scratching on my bed, run into the room to see Chloe trying to cover what she done on my bed - she peed on my bed (first time ever and she is here since May), went towards the bed and noticed... poo on the floor next to it too.. sigh....

Chloe saw me coming in and run out of my room, into my daughter's room and.. jumped out of the window.

Now, we never have windows fully open so my daughte got good telling off for leaving hers open but she had her door shut and only opened it for a bit as she heard a cat scratching on my bed next door and in that time Chloe run in and jumped out.

Fortutaly, we are only on 1st floor and there is a communal garden (so grass) outside my daughter's window - we saw Chloe running into bushes, she looked fine so hopefullu nothing happened to her.

I say hopefully as we have not seen her since about 8pm last night - went out to the garden to call her several times last night and since coming home from work today - no sign from her. She normally comes when called and hides in the bushes till SHE is ready to come home but lets me know she is around by talking back to me when I call: Chloe? Miauuuuuuuuuuuuuu Chloe - Miau etc

Since yesterday - nothing. Just came back from the garde - again... nothing.

Her peeing on my bed and pooing on the floor yesterday is just another sign of her being stressed - jumping out of the window (I di NOT shout at her or anything, the dog was NOT chasing her - nothing at all) another sign....

I just hope she turns out soon....as there is a possible home for her fingers crossed - thanks to one of regular posters on here...

:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport