Real Life MMD: Should I ask for the cash back?

1235»

Comments

• DurhamGrad
    DurhamGrad Posts: 13 Forumite
    Think Martin and his team ought to let us all know which option was taken up and let us all know the outcome in the next money-saving email. OOPS...sorry just read Smarterminds 'story'.....did'nt realise dilemmas were hypothetical!!

Hypothetical?! Now where's the fun in that??
  • Zoelikesjam
    Zoelikesjam Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Haven't read through all the post's, but don't think if, your out for dinner, saying 'can you pay my half' is very fair. Its putting the person on the spot which can be quite difficult! Just a simple, 'can I have the money you owe me for 'x's birthday present' should be enough.
    I asked my best friend to pick up some last minute presents for my wedding, the eve before as I'd forgot. I was at the hotel and couldn't get out. She brought them with her, and in the 'commotion' of the day and days after I completely forgot to give her the money back for them. Luckily she knows that I have a sieve for a brain, so a little 'pm' on facebook saying 'OI where's my money!' worked a treat ;) I transferred it the second I got the message.
    I meant no harm, I just forgot and needed a gentle kick up the bum!
  • jedley_2
    jedley_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    just ask them for the twenty quid back she said she would pay so make her...... end of
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure