I thought it was only 5 plays EVER?? :(
    That's the impression I got also..:mad:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DJ_Mike wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing you to listen to commercial . So if you want to listen to commercial music, you have to pay for it! You wouldn't make the same argument about food, would you? Why should it be any different with music?

Music enriches my life, food does not.
  • Empty_pockets
    Empty_pockets Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    Options
    Reverbe wrote: »
    but there are also bands like the Railway Children or Daniel Ash's solo album both fomr the 80s that I cannot find on cd..

So you would spend ££ on a single CD but you won't pay £5 to listen to a cataloge so huge it would probably fill your house?
  • hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    Still don't know whether to pay or not for spotify, I think its a brilliant service (i have the old free one with the radio thingy).
    Just cant get into groovshark, its not as smooth as spotify?

I also use soundawesome.
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So you would spend ££ on a single CD but you won't pay £5 to listen to a cataloge so huge it would probably fill your house?
    NOI wont pay #5 for a service that limits what I want to listen to to only 5 times ever. I cannot afford to pay #5 for anything right now. Ask me again when i win the lottery...
  • the-mango
    the-mango Posts: 818 Forumite
    Xmas Saver! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NOI wont pay #5 for a service that limits what I want to listen to to only 5 times ever. I cannot afford to pay #5 for anything right now. Ask me again when i win the lottery...
    It doesn't limit you when you pay. The limit is only for the free accounts, if you decided not to upgrade.
  • jayme1
    jayme1 Posts: 2,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Daniel Ash's solo album both fomr the 80s that I cannot find on cd..

not on CD but here you are http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coming-Down/dp/B001MY6OU8/
    Music enriches my life, food does not.

ok stop listening to all music and eating right now then comeback tomorrow and tell us which actually 'enriches' your life more.

nobody 'needs' to listen to music, but since you apparently 'have' to then if you want to carry on listening to commercial music then you will just have to stump up, pay for it and deal with it.

the free spotify way was good while it lasted but as that (commercial) Nelly Furtado song says 'All good things come to an end' :p
  • bloodofareptile
    Options
    I won't pay for it as what I do use it for is so light it isn't worth it. I could probably operate well within their 10 hours a month limit for free users, but the deal breaker is the five play EVER maximum of songs.

I have a few playlists that I listen to on repeat a few times a week and listen to a random new thing every so often. The playlists I can replicate elsewhere, but it was nice being able to listen on all the machines we own without transferring files all over the place.

Like most radio, the price I was happy to pay for this was to listen to advertisements. £60 a year is not worth it to me.

I would pay £10-12 a year to lift the limit on replays (even with the limit on time), but that doesn't seem to be an option.
    Goal 1 - CCs & Loans Credit card free as of 20 Feb 2010!!! Loan Free as of 15 Sep 2011!!!
    Goal 2 - Private Student Loans Citi - [strike]$7,500[/strike] $1,200 | Echo [strike]$1,500[/strike] 0 | Sallie Mae [strike]$7,500[/strike] 0 (updated: 3 Nov 2010)
    [STRIKE]10 in 10 #109 : 18,380/10,000 GBP[/STRIKE] | Olympic Challenge 21,000/22,713 GBP

• Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jayme1 wrote: »
    not on CD but here you are http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coming-Down/dp/B001MY6OU8/

it.

the free spotify way was good while it lasted but as that (commercial) Nelly Furtado song says 'All good things come to an end' :p
    Thanks thats not the one I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for and it has to be on CD as I dont have a vinyl player.. costs on average 35 everytime its on ebay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport