We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much will you/ have you spent today 28th November?

1235

Comments

  • Hi everyone, I had to spend £1 on hospital parking too, had check up for eye. Then I bought an egg sandwich and some diet coke for lunch which came to £1.80. I also bought a new cardigan from Asda which was £10. So thats £12.80 today. I needed a new 1 for work. Hope everyone is fine x
  • pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Day 10 of spending not a penny :D I dont know how much longer I can keep this up!!

    Sold my first 3 items on amazon today as well so very pleased about that! :)

    DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

    ~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

    ~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

    ~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • OneSpike
    OneSpike Posts: 190 Forumite
    pms wrote:
    Day 10 of spending not a penny :D I dont know how much longer I can keep this up!!

    Ooh, that sounds uncomfortable!

    Well done on the Amazon sales :)
    If you can't be a good example, be a dire warning :D

    MBNA charges and interest frozen
    Egg/DLC repayment agreement reached

    Feels like progress!
  • Hobsch
    Hobsch Posts: 613 Forumite
    £3.27 unfortunately. Day 2 of trying to spend nothing. day 2 of spending. Not Trying hard enough.
    Total Debt now £22,525.07 Start Debt £32,732.36
    £10207.29 OF DEBT PAID OFF:j 31.18%
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Day 2 of non-spending. Hoping to do the same tomorrow. Now if I could live as frugally as this all year round my debt would be gone!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • joeck68 wrote:
    Oh hell and damnation - was doing so well with the non-spending, however, woke up this morning with spots, feeling fat, and with a bad hair day to boot, and so my resolve disappeared and I went to the hairdressers today and spent (ouch) £70 on highlights and fancy cut. However, it IS my birthday in a few days, and so it was partly a present, and I feel heaps better - can't remember when I last went.
    It does mean we'll be living on jacket potato's for the rest of the week though lol!
    xxJo
    We all deserve a treat, and I bet you feel great. Enjoy the feeling :D x
    Official DFW Nerd Club Member no:219
    In the Court Of The Crimson King
    I don't believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.
    Gary Larson
  • No spend again but such a rubbish day if there was a shop anywhere near me I would be out buying chocolate by the barrowload. Lucky(!) I live in the back of beyond and there are no shops for a few miles!
  • pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Hobsch wrote:
    £3.27 unfortunately. Day 2 of trying to spend nothing. day 2 of spending. Not Trying hard enough.

    Don't worry you will manage a no spend day soon.

    Have you joined the sunday to friday challenge? If not then that is definately the way to go, set yourself a weekly amount that you want to spend and if you spend less then its a bonus!

    The no spend days will come in time, it took me about 3/4 weeks of over spending on my weekely challenge to start on the no spend days.

    Don't let it get you down. Just keep trying a no spend day will come along before you know it!
    DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

    ~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

    ~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

    ~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Spent £11.86 today!! Very naughty but couldn't be helped. Doing okay for the challenge though. Up to now :rolleyes: x
    Official DFW Nerd Club Member no:219
    In the Court Of The Crimson King
    I don't believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.
    Gary Larson
  • cattie1 wrote:
    I am gutted today as I have just got my payslip and have been thinking it was a 5 week month but apparently it is 4 so got paid much less than expected!
    I have to go shopping to get the toilet rolls in tonight so about £30.
    have brought my lunch to work e.t.c, so hopefully no more spends out of "my allowance!"


    £30? On loo rolls?!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

    £20.34 for me as Asda. Stuck to my shopping list like a woman possessed but had such a grot day at work that I didn't feel like proper cooking so had a frozen pizza which wasn't on my list. Tut tut naughty me!

    :heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.