We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much will you/ have you spent today 28th November?

Morning all,

I couldn't see this thread today (please move if it is a duplicate).

I am trying not to spend today, I have a client dinner tonight so that will be a non spender (and it's in one of my favourite restaurants so I will be having 4 courses!). Will try to leave promptly and get a tube home, and not spend £20 on a taxi (where I will undoubtedly leave something behind....)

I have a snack with me for lunch (got to save room for dinner!).

Have a good day all!
Saving for an early retirement!
«13456

Comments

  • Morning

    I was intending a NSD but have just had a sausage sandwich (£1) from the canteen. The boys have asked me out for coffee at lunchtime too. I can feel a hot chocolate coming on..... :rotfl:

    Have a good day all.
    "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." (Montgomery, L.M.(1908). Anne of Green Gables.)
    Debt Free Nerd No. 186 Debt was £16,534.03 Now £9,588.50
  • Morning All. A no-spender for me today after stocking up on good things at the supermarket yesterday. All my good work may be in vain though, as I've spent the whole week hiding from my mardy housemates in my room, only to walk into the living room this morning to discover they've installed Sky! If they ask me to contribute (which they will!), is it unreasonable to decline? I can't afford it, they never consulted me, and I never get to watch anything I want to anyway!

    PLease let me know if you want to me delete my little tirade! Have a great day everyone!
    Overpay!
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am gutted today as I have just got my payslip and have been thinking it was a 5 week month but apparently it is 4 so got paid much less than expected!
    I have to go shopping to get the toilet rolls in tonight so about £30.
    have brought my lunch to work e.t.c, so hopefully no more spends out of "my allowance!"
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,402 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Morning All. A no-spender for me today after stocking up on good things at the supermarket yesterday. All my good work may be in vain though, as I've spent the whole week hiding from my mardy housemates in my room, only to walk into the living room this morning to discover they've installed Sky! If they ask me to contribute (which they will!), is it unreasonable to decline? I can't afford it, they never consulted me, and I never get to watch anything I want to anyway!

    PLease let me know if you want to me delete my little tirade! Have a great day everyone!


    OMG!! In no uncertain terms would I contribute, that is not fair! Do you only have a TV in the living room? Housemates! I remember it well......
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Morning all.

    No spender for me today, hopefully.

    Regarding Sky - if you weren't consulted first, then I wouldn't pay. It was plain rude of them to put it in without checking if you could afford it / wanted it in the first place.
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Morning All. A no-spender for me today after stocking up on good things at the supermarket yesterday. All my good work may be in vain though, as I've spent the whole week hiding from my mardy housemates in my room, only to walk into the living room this morning to discover they've installed Sky! If they ask me to contribute (which they will!), is it unreasonable to decline? I can't afford it, they never consulted me, and I never get to watch anything I want to anyway!

    PLease let me know if you want to me delete my little tirade! Have a great day everyone!
    If you weren't consulted and don't watch it, I don't see why you should pay? who's name have they put the sky in? make sure it's not yours!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks so much - I was hoping you'd say that! Sorry for hijacking the thread with my woes!
    Overpay!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    I'm in two minds today. Yesterday's night out was £20 which isn't too bad but I'm not sure about going out tonight, plus... I don't know what Thai food entails and whether I can eat any of it :confused:

    I'm driving so it would just be the meal... so hopefully £10
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Gemmzie wrote:
    I'm in two minds today. Yesterday's night out was £20 which isn't too bad but I'm not sure about going out tonight, plus... I don't know what Thai food entails and whether I can eat any of it :confused:

    I'm driving so it would just be the meal... so hopefully £10
    I find thai is very similar to chinese so if you like chinese then go if you don't like chinese don't go!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • Hobsch
    Hobsch Posts: 613 Forumite
    Am hoping for a no spender today. Am really being positive and trying to tackle my debt now. Fingers crossed.
    Something will come up though....it always seems to!
    Total Debt now £22,525.07 Start Debt £32,732.36
    £10207.29 OF DEBT PAID OFF:j 31.18%
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.