We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much will you/ have you spent today 28th November?

2456

Comments

  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,947 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    All my good work may be in vain though, as I've spent the whole week hiding from my mardy housemates in my room, only to walk into the living room this morning to discover they've installed Sky! If they ask me to contribute (which they will!), is it unreasonable to decline? I can't afford it, they never consulted me, and I never get to watch anything I want to anyway!

    I certainly wouldn't contribute - it's quite rude of them to install something as expensive as Sky without consulting!! If it was me I'd stick a separate TV in my room and watch that instead, but then I can be pretty antisocial!!
    gemmzie wrote:
    I'm in two minds today. Yesterday's night out was £20 which isn't too bad but I'm not sure about going out tonight, plus... I don't know what Thai food entails and whether I can eat any of it

    Hi Gemmzie, Thai food is absolutely delicious in my opinion. I would go, if you can afford it!! (it shouldn't be too expensive). Thai curries are very hot though. If you do go maybe try a "Pad Thai", which they are almost bound t have - noodles with peanut sauce, egg & prawns. very popular & yummy, & quite mild. I eat it all the time. Yum!!

    Anyway, hi Imelda and all you other DFWs, I'm hoping for a non-spender today...
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I spent 42p on juice for daughters lunchbox, her bottle broke so needed to get her some, spent 60p on lucozade and a 38p snickers, but had a NSD yesterday, had to get a taxi home from work last night but my boss paid that for me, think of it as compensation for him skiving all night and leaving muggings to do ALL of it:j and got to keep the change too
  • Hello everyone, first post in one of these threads,

    My first day of a spending diary means that I have spent 99p on a book to keep it all in. Granted I could have used some scrap paper, so naughty me. I would like to get through the rest of the day without spending, but I'm going to college tonight and I'm probably going to have to eat something between now and 9pm! I'm also supposed to buy some stuff for college but am putting that off as long as I can.

    What do you reckon, shall I try and stay below £2 today?
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    No unbudgeted spends for me today - just picked up two christmas presents (budgeted for and mainly paid in vouchers), and paid the dreaded humungous council tax. Want a can of diet coke but have no change. Argh. x
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 162 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone - thanks for starting the thread Imelda.

    Well I have spent £1.20 today on a latte. I was hoping for a NSD but I am still feeling down about something that happened yesterday so wanted to cheer myself up. I've just been out :xmastree: shopping in my lunch break and spent £84.68 :eek: but that comes out of a different budget thankfully.

    Welcome FerociousDave - I love these daily threads, they really make me think about what I am spending.
    Dealing with my debt and my weight :D
    Debt at LBM 22/12/08 £33,270
    Debt now £30,100 (9.5% paid off)

    £2 coins saved and banked = £210
  • Its a NSD for me:D
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • Hi

    Thanks for this Imelda, anyone know where Moozie is?

    Spent £11.99 on xmas pressies, but that's out of separate budget. Did treat myself to lunch out and got some biscuits for work (my turn) total - £4.28.

    Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • at27
    at27 Posts: 10 Forumite
    PercyPig wrote:
    Afternoon everyone - thanks for starting the thread Imelda.

    Well I have spent £1.20 today on a latte. I was hoping for a NSD but I am still feeling down about something that happened yesterday so wanted to cheer myself up. I've just been out :xmastree: shopping in my lunch break and spent £84.68 :eek: but that comes out of a different budget thankfully.

    Welcome FerociousDave - I love these daily threads, they really make me think about what I am spending.

    Hi,

    First post but been reading for a while! I agree with Percy Pig, these threads are so helpful - I am paying so much more attention to how much I spend a day. So far £0 but I can feel that afternoon chocolate craving kicking in, so that could all change!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Spent £1.20 on hospital parking and £5.50 on pharmaceuticals. Medical profession has had a lot out of me today...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,402 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Welcome Percy Pig and at27!!

    Moozie usually starts this thread off but is probably busy at work.

    I find it good to post on here because I know I would kid myself in my own personal diary! 99p on a book is not bad, you are going to be carrying it around with you for months so you had better like it...

    I have been bad already today, a new member of my "team" appeared today, my boss is off (he has been here 30+ years and so gets 7 weeks holiday :mad: ) he has decided to take the rest of the year off and has got a temp in. I had to take the blighter to the pub at lunchtime.... so £5.66 spent (had to get myself a glass of wine to get over the audacity of him). At least it is another point to make towards promotion!

    Anyway, how is everyone else doing?
    Saving for an early retirement!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.