Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 3

Options

Comments

• kiorhassan
    kiorhassan Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    So for the very first shop you did that started on the e-mail address, was this a cash shop or a voucher redeemed shop (e.g. did a recycled voucher start the process)?

It was my 1st shop, anyway. No voucher recycled.
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Options
    your voucher cannot be linked to your new receipt!!!!!!!

so that big number along the bottom cant be linked to another?? :whistle:

i cant see them doing it as people have recycled too many times but in theory its quite linkable...
  • money.savvy_3
    Options
    Cher-Ching wrote: »
    am tempted to set up an email account for bettycrocker@.......
    :D:D:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bigm64
    bigm64 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mahharg wrote: »
    1st receipt details entered on site with email address (A)

1st Voucher issued now linked to email address (A)

2nd Receipt issued from goods bought with 1st voucher

2nd voucher issued now linked with whatever email address you use

Also linked with 2nd receipt plus the 1st voucher
    which is linked to to email address (A)

it goes on and on.
    thats how i see it too
  • Londinium33
    Londinium33 Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Actually it could, when they reconcile the till (the voucher used, although appearing as "Coupon" on the receipt, will be Tesco Price Check voucher on their system for the value of £X and unless they have had shedloads, then they could link the two transactions. I am not saying they would (and they don't when they scan it, they just put the voucher value in), but they could.

Anon

Someone with common sense... yes you are correct... but i was banking on the fact that there will be more than just my one £20 voucher in the till at the end of the day.
  • GolfBravo
    GolfBravo Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Options
    I got n/f for that moisturiser 2wks ago, was yours confirmed recently or was I just unlucky?
    Stopped buying them ages ago. They are definitely N/F now.
    "Retail is for suckers"
    Cosmo Kramer
  • mahharg
    mahharg Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    your voucher cannot be linked to your new receipt!!!!!!!

When you spend voucher 1 there is the receipt number from the first receipt at the bottom of the voucher which can be linked to the new receipt issued.

However thinking about it if there is more than 1 voucher taken at the till then unless they marry the 2 up at the point of sale then it would become difficult. You may have a point and I am on the fence here.:eek:
  • Londinium33
    Londinium33 Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    Options
    bigm64 wrote: »
    thats how i see it too

How can they know which voucher in the SAs till produced which till receipt if she has 20 £20 vouchers in there???/
  • simon31leeds
    Options
    Ron,

I am not going to disagree with what you say but I am relatively more confident that it is not IP address based than potentially the other theory. Your vouchers were for £76, please can you just detail how much ASDA was cheaper each time (it's on the first page of the link you will have received with your grocery pricecheck broken down to individual items), and how much you anticipated receiving this time in ASDA value when you received the overlimit e-mail?

This is really important as it could save people on here that've helped others £,000's by not having to start new cash shops if we can get to the bottom of it.
    rons90000 wrote: »
    The email address was set up on the 4/4 for my brother the same day as the first shop. The total I've received in vouchers is £76. Also 3 emails to 3 emails with potentially the same ip address at exactly the same time makes me think it's ip linked
  • Kentsavings
    Kentsavings Posts: 956 Forumite
    Options
    Night night all, thanks again for all the info (and patience), extra thanks to SS editors!
    I love this site and all chums, but its making a dent in my bank account!!!

Have lots of things I want, but dont necessarily need... Must DO BETTER!!! :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure