We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Have the thread police been

12467

Comments

  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    For what it's worth (very little, I know :rolleyes: ) I agree with you that the BBC should be free.

    However I don't think it's the place to encourage people not to pay their license fee. People don't a) have the balls to stand up to them like you, and b) and most importantly they don't have the money to risk getting a fine where as you are in the fortunate position of not having to worry about it!

    :think:

    Well kinda, but there is a definite LEGAL way that people can get 90 free days a year and it's not that hard. It involves cancelling their DD and paying in cash at the PO at certain dates. It's even easier than card tarting but that got hushed away quick now didn't it. *Grumbles*

    Besides if people took to the time to read the site they would see that all the legal threats from Capita (who run the operation) are smoke and mirrors. I used to work for Capita! I've seen some of the internal memos on the TVL department.
  • Very funny. U make me laugh Amos.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    i thought you couldnt buy your license from the po any more i know i had to buy mine from the corner shop using pay plan or something...i also admit it annoyed me the fact last year when i didnt have the money and opted to pay by ddm i paid for the year then they continued to take money off me it worked out i would be 6 months in advance i stopped payments then as i dont pay any bills in advance just when i get them so i wasnt about to start with them
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    so apart from that how you been amos? long time no hear?
  • lewt
    lewt Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    we dont live to far apart.;)
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Hmm well i'm glad lots of people are finding my posts amusing. I wish I could say the same about other peoples but I guess that's the difference between a serious MS'er like me and some hobo wannabes.

    I seriously just don't understand what the big problem is. It's like people are adverse to saving money on this one?!? Beats me. But I'm in the mindset I don't want to be DF, I want to be very rich. It's a well known fact that millionaires bend the rules to suit them, so I guess that's the trait I've got :)

    I know ultimately despite all these apparently funny posts, I'll be the one having the last laugh.
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    elantan wrote:
    so apart from that how you been amos? long time no hear?
    I'm ok thanks. How are you? I'm DF now and self employed which is working out really well. Apart from that everything else is the same. Still a fat !!!!! though so trying to get down to 10 stone before the festivities. *Sigh* What's news with you?

    lewt wrote:
    we dont live to far apart.;)
    a) No i'm not making out with you, b) have a wash anyway.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ten stone wish i could even get there i'm over 15 now and only 5 ft 1 ...need to get my head around the get fit stuff...just gave up college last week it totally broke my heart but i couldnt keep it and work up...great to hear your df now ...i'm hoping to be that way in about 3 years or so ...any tips?
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    what work you doing?
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Oh don't, I can't even do any exercise (above and beyond the weekend fun ;) ) as I start growing muscle which bulks me up. Still on my goal to get down to 7 stone but it's taking me longer to do because without exercise the fat doesn't come off as quickly :( What plan are you following or are you just being sensible?

    Sorry to hear you had to give up college. Is there any way next year you could carry on from where you left off at all? How about switching to the OU instead maybe??

    For work I do all sorts of things but they generally revolve around ERP, BPM, CRM, SFA and loads of other 3LA's. Still gogo dancing every now and again but not for the money now it's just fun and a great excuse to get off my face on substance lol.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.