We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Have the thread police been

24567

Comments

  • Al_Mac wrote:
    No they don't. This site is owned by Martin Lewis and he has to protect his a$$ from being sued ;)

    I missed martin lewis' bum too??? Damn it!!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • which thread has gone?
    Official DFW Nerd Club member 216 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :D
    Amazon Sellers' Club member 64

    GM Challenge make £50 = £12
    2007 Olympic Challenge - Silver = £726.83
    2007 Olympic weight loss challenge - 25 lbs = 3 lbs
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Good job it aint licenced, huh?

    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:


    **High-5's**
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    moozie wrote:
    I doubt it or the Television thread would have been moved to rants :rolleyes:

    I think it has, Moozie. :beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • What's happened? Why was it deleted? When I popped off to do some work for an hour it was all quite amicableish (amicableish isn't a proper word, is it?)..now I come back and it's vanished.
    ...or am I not meant to mention it and history will be re-written as if it's never been.
    Anyone give some info in general terms (without re-hashing what is clearly deemed unsuitable territory) on how things went?...or is that sailing too close to the wind?:confused:
    I've never posted on a thread that's been deleted before - I expect my name's on a database now - rainbow's card is marked.:eek:
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    The TV tax thread hasn't been moved or deleted? It's on Page 2 :rolleyes:
    You newbies :p

    Edit:
    Yes it has been deleted now, it was there but refreshed and it's gone. One of my many useful posts which ends up deleted. If people read the stuff I post instead of deleting it maybe they wouldn't be in debt :rolleyes: But you can't keep a good !!!!! down I suppose :money:
  • amosworks wrote:
    The TV tax thread hasn't been moved or deleted? It's on Page 2 :rolleyes:
    You newbies :p
    Can't find it on page 2, or even page 3 or 4 - and I just get "invalid thread" when I search for it.
    Never mind, will go and have a shower and write a couple of complaint letters to various corporations I'm at war with instead - sometimes I wish I drank;)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    amosworks wrote:
    I just realised, and it's quite obvious, that Martin's the BBC's biatch. He wouldn't dare say anything against them as they 0wn him and he wouldn't want to see them losing any of that gorgeous license fee now would we? :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

    Maybe he just doesnt like anyone who thinks its ok to break the law and then brag about it on his FREE site. Did you decide tonight was your PPR night cos I reckon youre on right route mate:D.
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    amosworks wrote:
    I just realised, and it's quite obvious, that Martin's the BBC's biatch. He wouldn't dare say anything against them as they 0wn him and he wouldn't want to see them losing any of that gorgeous license fee now would we?

    So much venom for no need what so ever :confused: I don't know what's up with you tonight but it's not pleasant to read. Try to not let things get to you so much Amos.
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Don't give me the break the law lecture love. MSE is a tight rope as it is and many things practically border on fraud and obtaining things by deception. I don't have a problem with this but you can get off your high horse already.

    Whether TV tax is legal or not is some debate that can rage elsewhere but I find it quite sad/funny (not sure which yet) that this free site (well obviously not free speech love ;)) that giving people information on a definite legal way of saving 3 months TV license a year should be removed.

    And there was me thinking that the DFW was board was to get out of debt. Looks like I was mistaken there, mate.

    x
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.