PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

As The Workhouse Approaches....How To Do Everything To Avoid It, the Old Style Way

Options

Comments

• sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,670 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Apologys for the absence - I have been struck down with this flu bug that's going about along with little one so we have been plenty of cuddles on the sofa - now we are both better bar runny noses and have given it to daddy = )

The house is still somewhat upside down - I havent had the strength to move the mattress and I think Owen is stallign a bit as hes not wanting his baby girl to grow up and be in a big girls bedroom by herself - I thought it was mummys who were so supposed to get too attached to their babies!

Well had some bargains in Tesco last night too

8 irish recipe sausages for 9p, 4 lamb mini steaks for 35p adn steak adn peppercorn sauce pack for 35p. Landed - only problem was by the tiem I got home I realised my freezer wouldnt hold it all and now have had to cram things in in awkward shapes

anyone know any nice lamb recipes - I dont like it and have never cooked it - any ideas what to make/serve it with etc?

right best go - school run and billing paying awaits me!
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 June 2011 at 8:22AM
    Options
    perfect, thanks - you've made it sound almost idiot proof:T
    Will have a look in Asda tomorrow and see if they have any - if not I'm guessing B&Q will stock that kind of thing.

Scottishminnie - don't forget that B&Q are having a 15% off event from today over the weekend - the voucher is print offable (is that a word?) in Martin's newsletter. They do sell those reflective sheets, but it will depend if 15% off makes them the cheapest option for you IYSWIM. If you have a Homebase nearby, they are doing a 20% off event (details in Martin's newsletter too), so worth a bit of net browsing of prices.

HTH

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    :( Sometimes it seems like the people who do bad things to others always come out on top :(
    Don't ever think that, Smiley. They do, although sometimes it takes time. But karma always nips out and mugs them in the end !
  • mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nicepeach wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone help with the following at all please? You all seem so knowledgeable on such a variety of subjects on here & I've picked up some brilliant tips & tried to join in & contribute where I could but
    I'm quite new to the site & have posted a request for info before but had no response so I'm not sure if I've put it in the wrong place (sorry if I have!).

I acquired an Easi Yo system the other day for £3 from a CS - thought it was a good price. It comprises of the white drum, two cannisters and an instruction/recipe booklet.

The two cannisters have white, flip-top lids. Can I make the yoghurt in these or are they only for storage? As the assistant in the store advised me that it wouldn't work with these cannisters and I needed the ones with the red lids?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

By the way, before I purchased the system I checked out the prices for the sachets in our local shops but could only find them in the national chain of the healthfood type store Julian Graves and they have got all the different types of sachets & the machines and extra cannisters etc. on offer - BOGOF if anyone's interested. So I managed to get four sachets of mix for £7.50.

Any contributions gratefully recieved. x

this may have been answered haven't had time to check as yet, but I make my yogurt in the canisters with the flip lids its easier to add the extra water when mixing.

also for the future when JG don't have a bogof try www.wahlshop.co.uk I use these most of the time and prices before shipping are comparable to your bogof deal per sachet, they also have alot more flavours.
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • redlady_1
    redlady_1 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am aafter some advice please. I have decided to order my flour from Shipton Mill instead of Doves as they do frree postage over a certain weight. Just wondering what the best white bread flour and plain flour would be please. I know some of you use Shipton so advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Tell mehow you get on with that RL. Storing it and quality etc :)
  • freudianslip
    freudianslip Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, my yoghurt hasn't worked over night. I guess it has been too cold.

DH doesn't want me to use the flask to make it and obviously I can't make 'radiator' yog so I was thinking about sitting some on a hot water bottle. What do you think, good or terrible idea? (I'm renowned for the latter!)
  • redlady_1
    redlady_1 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Tell mehow you get on with that RL. Storing it and quality etc :)

Well I have a "china" flour crock which takes about 9kg and then I will have to buy some big lock and lock bins. Fingers crossed I wont see weevils. I dont think I will ever get over the last attack!!!!

Doves is really good quality so this will be interesting.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    freudianslip do you have a cool bag or box? You can use either of those just wrap the container in a teatowel or pad out the box with a towel to keep the temperature up a bit.
  • saveabobortwo
    Options
    watched it, as usual loads of gloom about the droughts concerned about our friends keeping their farm going they are keeping their head above water but could of done without this .we re just going to carry on cooking and freezing find bargain cuts of meat and make up meals . yes it was upsetting the programme on bbc i thought how very pleasant the famillies were and how well mannered and polite the children was its typical this always seems to happen to the nicest of people i hope that they were given some wages for their participation in the programme as i thought they were stars.hope you are all ok out there and trying with all the news to keep chin up best foot forward i know i should try not to worry but dont think im the only one who gets concerned i think it might be because its too many things going on at once shame they wont let us deal with one problem at a time anyway have a proactive day best wishes from saveabobxx:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure