MSE News: They buy any car (for less) dot com

1235»

Comments

• This topic is getting really tiring.

WBAC worked a treat for me for my shiny banger worth < 1K.

Why oh why do folk with 10K cars even go near them? Durrr ...
  • Well as its been resurrected.

My son sold his Toledo to them and was paid exactly what they quoted online.

The thing to do is be truthful in the description, if you give them an untrue description then they will knock you down....i expect many here have travelled to look at a car described as good to find its rubbish, don't expect them to de any different when you try the same tactic.

As one or two of the posts above show all too clearly, people sometimes sell cars to them that have ongoing problems or undisclosed damage, apart from the questionable ethics of this...can visualise the indignant posts now should the situation be reversed...WBAC isn't a charity, they buy as cheaply as possible in the knowldge they'll win on some and lose on others.

If you want best price, maintain the car properly during ownership, prepare it well getting all damage repaired, pay to advertise and then run the gauntlet of all and sundry who will try any and every dodge to fleece you whilst hoping in vain to find one of the few honest people left wants to buy your car.
  • And don't forget rule 1 of business : the general public are all born liars :)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    public are liars and WBAC are not to be trusted so its all fair in love and war :)

You want too much money for your pride and joy/wreck. They want to give you as little as possible. Its business
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Road_Hog
    Road_Hog Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    dleith wrote: »
    I just sold my car to these guys in Scotland. I was actually quite satisfied. I think this comes to down to expectations.

So, we have a noob, resurrect an old thread and tell us how wonderful WBAC is.

So, what's it like to work for WBAC and do they pay you to post on forums?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure