We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much have you spent today Saturday 25/11?

123457»

Comments

  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not been a very good day really.
    Went to Farmer's Market and spent £43, some cards £2.80
    Lunch £4.00 and some chips, peas & gravy to go with tea £2.55.

    Grand total £9.35 from my purse, as Farmers comes out of food budget.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • moozie wrote:
    Hope you are having fun now Min! Look forward to the update :)

    Oh yes! Lots of fun had today with my lovely friend!

    Firstly, lunch, which lovely friend paid for (including a bottle of wine).

    Secondly, theatre, which I paid for. £18 plus £3 for [STRIKE]sobering up[/STRIKE] interval coffees. Absolutely brilliant production and real star quality. Moving, funny, uplifting and heart-stopping.

    Thirdly, Primark - bought a top for £4 (oh, the restraint!).

    Total spend - £25.

    Ashamed? NO!
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • Well it was my Christmas shopping day at the Trafford Centre so I don't even really want to count up!
    £51 in Debenhams, £12 in vIRGIN, £7 in WHSmith, £25 in Boots, £20 in the apple shop and £85 in Carphone Warehouse.....think that was about it!
    All on a credit card but only for the cashback and will be cleared when the bill comes in!
  • LouieB
    LouieB Posts: 171 Forumite
    Well, I have been spending a bit today, but it was all for christmas!

    £11.00 in Primark- lots of pressies, £2.00 in Thorntons ( 1 gift and coins to go in my advent calendar!)
    £3.00 family christmas cards and 99p for a roll of brown paper ( which I will decorate before wrapping pressies in!)
    £2.00 Coin saver -£12.00 In Piggy bank - £150 Banked :j
    Boots Points - £2.58
    Quidco - £11.75
    Yougov - £22.25
    Ciao - £8.64
    Ebay - £68.00
    Money For Nothing Challenge- £17.06 :A
  • Well 2day i have spent £10.84 but on my savings card at asda!
    I bought a pizza reduced from £2.98 to £1.33 extra large and went in the freezer! Also bought a hair dye for £5.00 as last month i spent £40 (my godmother is my hairdresser) but it has faded so my auntie is doing it now!
    Working all day 2moro so hopefully wont spend anything! xx
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    moozie wrote:
    Thank you :) Good going on the tobacco. I had noticed it doesn't feature as much on your spending lately ;) Hope you stop it all together soon.

    Thanks Moozie - I have to say that I don't honestly feel ike giving up smoking - I know the dangers and would NEVER advocate smoking to ANY non-smoker - I have tried, and failed, on numerous occasions, to stop. Maybe lack of willpower, but I do enjoy a smoke having been brought up in a generation where the dangers of smoking, whilst known, were kept from the public in the interests of revenue :mad: :mad:
    Enough said - I kept to my budget - almost - £4.66 tobacco, £1.11 milk and, hanging head in shame 48pence on an ASDA 200 gramme value bar of Milk Chocolate (hope it's as good as Tesco's) - Total spend for Saturday £6.35 :T
    Tesco Shop - Sunday :eek: :eek:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    waterbaby wrote:
    She told me that I had £12 left to spend, and I said no I don't think so because one of the tops is £25 which is more than the ones I am bringing back. She said "oh didn't it scan that one?..."you could have got away with that!"

    Well done wb - just because you are in debt it doesn't mean that you should be dishonest as well. :T What goes around comes around and you'll be rewarded for your honesty one day. :A
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.