We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much have you spent today Saturday 25/11?

13567

Comments

  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cathybird wrote:
    just went into the kitchen to see if my poached eggs were done, seemed to be rather a lot of smoke, thought I'd burnt the toast, then realised that I'd managed to forget to put any water into the poaching pan (it's one of those ones with a metal tray to hold plastic "cups" for the eggs to go into). So the whole thing had melted - eggs, black plastic, all in one unholy sticky smoky mess at the bottom of the pan. Between that and the leak in the hall my day's really off to a good start!! :mad: :mad:
    you really do seem to be having the worst day ever!:eek:
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,963
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    cattie1 wrote:
    you really do seem to be having the worst day ever!:eek:

    it's not the best way to kick off the weekend, is it!!! :rotfl: still, could be worse!! it's a bit annoying about the pan cos I use it a lot and will have to replace it. at least I know a cheap guy who doesn't mind clambering around on roofs though! got a week's holiday starting this week so that means I'm feeling happier than I otherwise might have been!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    moozie wrote:
    :rotfl: I am definitely not an early bird at the weekends. Rog sweetie you make me laugh! Which today I need it very much as my OH has taken the role of a military commander :eek: :eek:

    Maybe I'll get that £58 I need to be below £10,000 :j

    Hope you don't get tempted to buy lots more than tobacco and milk. I'm watching you know :p

    Never mind Moozie - it'll all be worth it in the end. I hope you manage more than £58 :beer:

    I'm actually doing very well on the tobacco now - 25 grams lasts me 2 - 3 days and I was smoking 40+ fags a day. I may soon be ready for another try at giving it up. :rolleyes:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Although I went shopping, I think I have done well today.

    Nuts/seeds: about £5.

    I wanted some nuts and some seeds, and the nuts were on half price and the seeds were buy one get one free, so I got two of each and saved about £5.

    Wax strips: £4.

    I was overcharged by £4 as the label on the shelf was wrong, I'm proud of myself as I took them back to get my £4 back (I don't like to make a fuss).

    Chocolate: £1

    ok slight weakness!

    A card: £1.19

    My little sister has landed herself a suitable job, two years after she started looking after she graduated. I think it's worth £1.19.

    Stamps: £2.64

    Second class of course.

    I also banked £75 in cash that I have accumulated (I have a car sharer!).
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Too much £2.25 on mini fish and chips and a mini kebab and chips, I was hungry and my diet has failed already Ive only been doing it for under a week :mad:
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    rog2 wrote:
    Never mind Moozie - it'll all be worth it in the end. I hope you manage more than £58 :beer:

    I'm actually doing very well on the tobacco now - 25 grams lasts me 2 - 3 days and I was smoking 40+ fags a day. I may soon be ready for another try at giving it up. :rolleyes:
    I was always told the best way to quit was to cut down,(although I don't smoke) well done I am very proud of you!:T
    good luck when you eventually decide to quit.
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I was going to try the no buying day but forgot chips yesterday so had to go to the shop, got some Stardrops and things while I was there and paid for my sons magazine, came to £7.20 in total. Thats it for today as just been doing loads of housework :(
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    A cheapo day for me today! Only spent £1.35. £1 for a lotto ticket and 35p on a double decker which i'll have after dinner.

    Moozie....i managed to avoid going into starbucks today! (queue was too big!)
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cathybird wrote:
    it's not the best way to kick off the weekend, is it!!! :rotfl: still, could be worse!! it's a bit annoying about the pan cos I use it a lot and will have to replace it. at least I know a cheap guy who doesn't mind clambering around on roofs though! got a week's holiday starting this week so that means I'm feeling happier than I otherwise might have been!

    That's lovely positive attitude following an eventful day Cathy! Well done! Hope the pan and the guy are cheap!

    Very envious about the holiday, hope you have lots of fun :)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    rog2 wrote:
    Never mind Moozie - it'll all be worth it in the end. I hope you manage more than £58 :beer:

    I'm actually doing very well on the tobacco now - 25 grams lasts me 2 - 3 days and I was smoking 40+ fags a day. I may soon be ready for another try at giving it up. :rolleyes:

    Thank you :) Good going on the tobacco. I had noticed it doesn't feature as much on your spending lately ;) Hope you stop it all together soon.
    Leason learnt :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.