We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much have you spent today Saturday 25/11?

12467

Comments

  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Phoenix79 wrote:
    A cheapo day for me today! Only spent £1.35. £1 for a lotto ticket and 35p on a double decker which i'll have after dinner.

    Moozie....i managed to avoid going into starbucks today! (queue was too big!)

    What is funny is that I see you and think Starbucks :rotfl: Glad you saved a couple of pounds by not going there today ;)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • £70 at Asda - more than we wanted but bought coffee and cleaning stuff in bulk so hopefully will pan out over next few weeks, £15 on petrol and £2.79 at a mystery shop that will hopefully be refunded.
  • I went into town again, because I realised that I could exchange some clothes that I have gone off (I couldn't get a refund as it was on my friend's card). I chose three tops that came to £49, and the original purchase was £24, so £15 to pay.

    She told me that I had £12 left to spend, and I said no I don't think so because one of the tops is £25 which is more than the ones I am bringing back. She said "oh didn't it scan that one?..."you could have got away with that!"

    I pointed out her mistake before I realised that I could get some free clothes out of it! My mum is pleased with my honesty, and so am I, but it keeps bugging me that I have missed out on a moneysaving bargain!
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    waterbaby, i guess it depends on whether your morality is stronger than your moneysaving...me i have no shame so i'd have not said a word. but it's a personal thing.

    me i spent 5 hours in the gym and i wasn't being paid. my whole body hurts now, but the good news is it kept me from shopping which is what i wanted to do today.

    did go into asda though and spent £17.06 on alcohol (bottle of asda own peach schnapps and bottle of cherry sourz mmmmm oh and lemonade of the diet variety). took £20 out of my fun money to pay for an evening out, tho hoping to not spend much of it. i have discovered where i think the new hot guy in my dreams might be this evening so i will be keeping my eyes peeled ;)
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,570
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi
    Can I join your thread please? I hope it will help me keep track of my spending.
    Thanks
  • Evening moozie and co

    Today has been another no spender here,feeling very down today,I've had a bad tummy for a couple of weeks and DH called GP today,he came out and is convinced the Crohn's has flared up,he asked if I had been under any stress lately :confused: ,well what do you think? tried to get me admitted,but I refused,as ususal,not going to spend all weekend being pumped with mind altering steroids that don't work.

    Sorry for the self pity,really not myself tonight :o .

    Have a nice evening everyone

    LIH
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • waterbaby wrote:
    I went into town again, because I realised that I could exchange some clothes that I have gone off (I couldn't get a refund as it was on my friend's card). I chose three tops that came to £49, and the original purchase was £24, so £15 to pay.

    She told me that I had £12 left to spend, and I said no I don't think so because one of the tops is £25 which is more than the ones I am bringing back. She said "oh didn't it scan that one?..."you could have got away with that!"

    I pointed out her mistake before I realised that I could get some free clothes out of it! My mum is pleased with my honesty, and so am I, but it keeps bugging me that I have missed out on a moneysaving bargain!

    I think you are definitely right. I have often had something not scan or been given too much change but have always pointed it out. Yes, maybe I have sort of kicked myself later and thought I could have got that for nothing but I think the guilt at not owning up would have spoiled the pleasure of something free anyway.
    I'm all for freebies but not like that! (OH says I am too honest for my own good!)
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Hi
    Can I join your thread please? I hope it will help me keep track of my spending.
    Thanks

    Welcome Annie, i'm sure Moozie and the others won't mind at all.

    It's a good way of keeping track of your day-to-day spending, it's certainly worked for me.
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    waterbaby wrote:
    I pointed out her mistake before I realised that I could get some free clothes out of it! My mum is pleased with my honesty, and so am I, but it keeps bugging me that I have missed out on a moneysaving bargain!

    You did the right thing - definitely! Dishonesty doesn't equal MSE ;)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lynsayjane wrote:
    waterbaby, i guess it depends on whether your morality is stronger than your moneysaving...me i have no shame so i'd have not said a word. but it's a personal thing.

    me i spent 5 hours in the gym and i wasn't being paid. my whole body hurts now, but the good news is it kept me from shopping which is what i wanted to do today.

    did go into asda though and spent £17.06 on alcohol (bottle of asda own peach schnapps and bottle of cherry sourz mmmmm oh and lemonade of the diet variety). took £20 out of my fun money to pay for an evening out, tho hoping to not spend much of it. i have discovered where i think the new hot guy in my dreams might be this evening so i will be keeping my eyes peeled ;)

    5 hours in the gym??? :eek: Are you punishing yourself for something lyns? :confused:

    Hope hot new guy appears tonight!
    Leason learnt :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.