I want to cancel my orange contract - HELP

Options
12346»

Comments

• RichardH86
    Options
    Hi All,

I am having a lot of trouble with orange at the moment.

For starters they upped there prices which I was not happy about.

But just the other day they offered me a best plan review, I queried what I would loose etc.

But now my account is showing as

Your plan change is currently being updated

We're currently updating the change to your plan which you chose from your Best Plan review.
    The change to your new plan will be effective from your next bill date on 17 Mar 2012.

I've rang orange and they advised its not changing but this has been on for a week now and I have for some reason lost 500MB of my DATA. When I signed up for the cotnract it was a 500MB data plan but an offer at the time gave me an additional 500MB which i was told would run till the end of my contract but it has vanished now.

Im so annoyed with them, they keep fobbing me off, also when i queried with orange via email they advised me if i did go to a lower plan I would still recieve my 500MB FREE DATA. But when I range and spoke to someone I was told I would not get that I would loose everything and get what the best plan review offers.

Im jsut really fed up now and want out of my contract. I am 6/7 months into a 24 month contract, but they are jsut useless.

Please help me.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You cannot cancel.
    They cannot change anything without your consent (except rising prices along with inflation).
    Keep complaining to get everything sorted out according to your original contract.
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    I dont believe you can cancel.

If you are true to your word and queried what you will gain/lose, was told that you can keep your 500MB data, yet later advised you will lose it, and genuinely know that you may have been misled. this is what you do.

You need to lodge a complaint. Keep calm. Dont fume over the phone. Ring and say im not happy with my current situation on my account. I feel i have been misled and would like to make a complaint as my costs may increase and i wont be able to keep up with bill payments. (BTW cancel your DD for now)

Make sure they put you through to a team leader, or ask for the complaints department. (They might not have a comp dept. maybe the advisor can make the complaint for you) You need to explain exactly what happened, what you were told, what has happened so far, what youre not happy with, and also request the calls be listened into to back up your claim. If they say "Sir we cannot get calls back" Then say well i would like to make a high level complaint.

Email them aswell.

If you write here a full breakdown of exactly what occured, whats been said, what you agreed to and what they agreed to, how much you pay, all calls about this (what you remember) etc. i could possibly help you out with a script for your call or let you know what points to make specifically so they dont mess you about.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Advising someone to cancel their direct debit is the worst possible advice that you can give.
    Cancelling your payment, effectively means that YOU have broken the contract - so you lose ANY bargaining power that you may have had.
    By all means make your complaint - but for the sake of your credit rating DO NOT STOP MAKING YOUR PAYMENTS.
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2012 at 1:35PM
    Options
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    Advising someone to cancel their direct debit is the worst possible advice that you can give.
    Cancelling your payment, effectively means that YOU have broken the contract - so you lose ANY bargaining power that you may have had.
    By all means make your complaint - but for the sake of your credit rating DO NOT STOP MAKING YOUR PAYMENTS.

I didnt say stop making your payments.
    I would presume people would have sense to know why you should cancel your DD and what powers you have.
    Let me clarify.

By stopping your DD, if they gave you a hefty charge (we are talking about DATA here and the charges can go crazy) they cant take out £500 in one go. (Charge is example to make a point)

By stopping your DD, you control the payments. You make the payments that you feel are owed.

By stopping your DD, you make the payments you feel are owed. Whilst your complaint is being dealth with, you also have the option to HOLD any charges you are not sure about (with orange or whoever), until the matter is resolved.

NB -

If the charges are not that high, they may suggest you make the full payment and get the rest back as goodwill later. Do this.

STOP using DATA on your phone until the matter is resolved. Or keep a counter so you know when you have reached 500MB.

Stopping your DD is NOT a breach of contrct. You have many options to pay your bill. DD is one of them.

Stopping your payments is a breach of contract. Big no no to this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure