Single mother, 2 children, what can they get?

Options

Comments

• xxtokerxx
    xxtokerxx Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    If that is the case, what a horrible little poster doesn't have the ba**s to openly ask the person, how underhand!

Maybe if you had the courtesy to actually read the discussion before adding your remarks you would have noticed that I actually do not have contact with this person.

You may also realise that it is rude to directly ask some one what they earn/receive.

Thanks for the de-meaning post, really helps the discussion.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    I totally agree - it doesn't do much to reign in the unscrupulous women who go on to have 4X4 - what a life of riley - I am in the wrong job!

An (ex!) friend receives £1000 from her ex each month, as well as claiming IS, CTC, SMI etc ... and still moans that she doesn't have enough income!
    xxtokerxx wrote: »
    You may also realise that it is rude to directly ask some one what they earn/receive.

I would say it is far more rude to talk about them behind their backs!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    SuzieSue wrote: »
    So you think that people should just go round asking everyone what they earn? Or are you saying that just because she is on benefits, all her neighbours should be entitled to know what she is is receiving? Or perhaps she should be forced to put a notice up on her door?

The OP is just curious, just as if she had asked what a barrister typically earned. Would you expect her go go up to him and ask him?
    Far easier if people like the OP would just mind their own business.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    An (ex!) friend receives £1000 from her ex each month, as well as claiming IS, CTC, SMI etc ... and still moans that she doesn't have enough income!
    £1,000 per month child support really are far and few between, if we are honest. Most if lucky get approx £30 per week.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • Jowo_2
    Jowo_2 Posts: 8,308 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2011 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Doesn't make sense to penalise those that go out and work that are forced to leave their child.

Are you saying you prefer the public purse to pay your child maintenance expenses and that you don't want to put your hand in your pocket to pay towards your childrens clothes, toys and food? That your children aren't worth £1 out of every £6.66 in your pocket (50 pence each)? The money that she gets as disposable income from benefits works out at a tenner per person per day so isn't much different from yours.

If you don't want to pay, stop paying, move abroad, work cash in hand/become self-employed and generally fly under the radar by using the usual tactics to becoming untraceable - that's what many parents do rather than support their children.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    Far easier if people like the OP would just mind their own business.

Easier for who? You? Well you don't need to reply to her question. Other people have responded and don't mind her asking.
  • xxtokerxx
    xxtokerxx Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I wish people would stop trying to read between the lines....

Firstly, I do not communicate with the person indicated in this thread. I have a right to know where my taxes are spent.

Jowo what on earth are you talking about? at no point I said I was trying to avoid payments, if anything I would be far happier if some of the benefits were reduced to be put in-line. You also made another assumption that both the Children were mine - they're not. As I clearly stated time and time again I am not making any judgements on the other persons situation I am just interested in finding out where my money is going both through the CSA and through the Government.

Out of every £1 I earn 33% is taken immediately by the inland revenue. the remaining 66p has 15% given to the ex partner leaving 55 pence of which 20% goes back to the Government in VAT leaving me with 40pence in every pound.
  • Jowo_2
    Jowo_2 Posts: 8,308 Forumite
    Options
    Out of every £1 I earn 33% is taken immediately by the inland revenue. the remaining 66p has 15% given to the ex partner leaving 55 pence of which 20% goes back to the Government in VAT leaving me with 40pence in every pound.

So you are a high tax earner who only ever buys goods with VAT added to it?!
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Frightening isn't it! But it is even worse when we include all the other taxes paid out of the 40pence remaining from the £, like council tax, petrol, alcohol, tobacco, television, road tax etc.
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • moggylover
    moggylover Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    Options
    Jowo wrote: »
    Are you saying you prefer the public purse to pay your child maintenance expenses and that you don't want to put your hand in your pocket to pay towards your childrens clothes, toys and food? That your children aren't worth £1 out of every £6.66 in your pocket (50 pence each)? The money that she gets as disposable income from benefits works out at a tenner per person per day so isn't much different from yours.

If you don't want to pay, stop paying, move abroad, work cash in hand/become self-employed and generally fly under the radar by using the usual tactics to becoming untraceable - that's what many parents do rather than support their children.

:T:T:T:T:T

Thank you! That's just what I was beginning to think the thread was about. I was also wondering if this was an Op wanting to know what his ex-partner might be getting:(
    "there are some persons in this World who, unable to give better proof of being wise, take a strange delight in showing what they think they have sagaciously read in mankind by uncharitable suspicions of them"
    (Herman Melville)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport