🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A New Start - A better Life

Options

Comments

• lemmings1986
    lemmings1986 Posts: 441 Forumite
    Options
    Fisyear wrote: »
    Well work wasn't too bad today, managed to get quite a bit done. On the way home I went into the supermarket to use some of my vouchers, managed to get £21.52 worth of shopping for £6.90 :T and on all things I will use, no point in stocking up on things I don't need. Also I should get about £2.50 in an RTD voucher back.

I was a dissapointed as Mr T didn't have any of the finish starter packs left as I have 2 £5 vouchers for those. I might have to go to Asdas for those as I don't want to lose out.

Lasagne is in the oven, time to look for some more deals.

Have a good evening :D
    hi fish year just wondering where did you get your vouchers from please and know it sound silly whats a rtd??? thanks danielle
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Fisyear
    Fisyear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Hi danielle, RTD is a refund the difference voucher from Tesco's. When you buy your shop at Tesco, if you input your receipt details on the Tesco Price Checker site, they send an email back to you saying how much your shop would have been in Asda, if it would have been cheaper at Asda then Tesco give you an RTD voucher for the difference. I get the other vouchers from websites such as beforeishop and the following link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3202004 plus where ever else i can find coupons to print out. Hope this helps :D

Today I went into Sainsbury after work, picked up £19.67 worth of shopping for £6.38. Included in that was 2 finish starter pack vouchers, Sainsbury were charging £5.08 each and the voucher was for £5, so only 8p each. I have now got about 3 months worth of finish diswasher packs in the cupboard. I could really do with some vouchers of Surf washing powder, would love to stock up with that.

DS2 is off school tomorrow as they are using the school for voting, I still have work and DH has a day off and will be looking after him. Then it's weigh in time at Slimming World tomorrow evening.
    May Grocery Challenge - £280.26/£250 (includes all food, toiletries and takeaway's for a family of four)
  • missyp123
    missyp123 Posts: 564 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello i am really impressed with your determination and had to say well done!
    you have inspired me after months of not really keeping an eye in my grocery spending to start again!
    i dont spend any where as much as i used to but i have been getting the things that stay in the cupboard and there have been occasions where i do a big pay day (first of the month) shop and get a takeaway the same night!!!:p

I will follow your link for the vouchers and might even have a go at shopping at tesco's. i always go to asda but never get money back as they are ALWAYS the cheapest! lol

well done on your weight loss too, i lost 16lb but have slowly put 7 back on. The bargain nearly new push bike i got ebay is sitting in the shed and prob needs to be used:p!

keep posting :T
  • lemmings1986
    lemmings1986 Posts: 441 Forumite
    Options
    hi thats really good,thanks for link am going to get other half to plug printer in when he gets home then i can print a load off :):) i didnt realise there was so many different coupons available can you use them anywhere or are they for percific stores??? many thanks danielle
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done on getting a hold of your spending. have you checked that all of your utilities are with the cheapest providers for your usage. may be able to save a bit there as well
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Fisyear
    Options
    Thanks chev I will check into my utilities and make sure I am paying the best price. Welcome missyp123 keep posting and I hope I can help with any deals that are on offer.

Danielle some vouchers are store specific, but a lot of them you can use anywhere.

An update on my shopping, it is getting too addictive. I spent 76p in tesco on the way home from work, only in there for 10 mins as I knew exactly where I wanted to go, I bought 2 x fairy washing up liquid 650ml, 2 x lenor fabric conditioner 750ml and 1 bold small pack of washing powder, I used vouchers from supersavvyme and a RTD voucher for £2.56. As it was so cheap I treated the kids to a pack of icelollies for an extra £1.25. I will get some more things from Sainsbury tomorrow as the fairy will be free with my vouchers. £75 seems a lot for me to spend in 1 week for groceries, but when I go shopping this weekend I will only need a few items and most of these will be fruit and veg from down the market, I shouldn't spend any more than £20.

We bought a tent on ebay so are looking into cheap camping holidays this year, so should have some with a trial run to put it up in the garden.
    May Grocery Challenge - £280.26/£250 (includes all food, toiletries and takeaway's for a family of four)
  • Fisyear
    Options
    Just remembered a tip for making chilli con carne go further, add a handful of porridge oats. I have seen it mentioned on a few programmes and thought that my husband would notice, but I did this yesterday without him even noticing ;) and I have managed to make extra to put in the freezer for next week. I also lost another half a pound last night at slimming world.
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi Fisyear, I'm also on a DMP, I started march on mine. So we're on a tight budget too. I'll subscribe if you don't mind & pop in to see how you're doing :)

And well done on the slimming world. I lost 2 stone with them last year, and have put back on a stone (grrr-need to watch diet!)

I keep meaning to watch those programmes on t.v about savings & tips and keep forgetting! DFW xx
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund total £1928.41 Let's get it to £2000 again! ~ NSD 2/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • Fisyear
    Options
    Lovely to see you here DFW, I would love you to pop by anytime. Any savings tips you can give me on my journey would be great. I am such a fan of slimming world, the first diet I have needed to do, but it has worked for me, now I have got to target I am worried that I will put it back on again.

I am having a no supermarket day today :D

Plans today are :
    Cleaning the Living/Dining Room
    Clean the bathroom
    1 load of washing to put in the machine.

I was up at 7.30 this morning so have cleaned the kitchen and garden room, put a load of washing on the line then a couple of minutes later brought it back in again as it started to rain, so now drying on airer inside.

Have a good day everyone :)
  • Fisyear
    Options
    Just got back from the market and bought some beef for Sunday lunch and enough lamb chops for a couple of meals, also got fruit and veg for the weeks meals and spent a total of £15. The beef is in the oven and it's time to have a mooch on here for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport