PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to Get Through The Tough Times The Old Style Way.

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    The back of the house is freezing and I dont want to move from the fire! The seeds can take their chances in the back room, THE LIVINGROOM IS MINE!!! Muhahahaha
  • kitschy
    kitschy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    My god Hester stoppit. I have LOTS of snow, my daffs are just poking through the ground now, and its bl**dy baltic in my kitchen nevermind outside.
    Very very huffy and upset and not happy now. See what yuv done!
    sniffle. :(:(

I actually wouldn't mind some snow - if I couldn't get to work I could get on with decluttering and sorting out my flat! Instead, I'll be spending most of the weekend auditing client files and sending shirty emails to staff who haven't been doing their jobs :(
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bertiebots wrote: »
    kezlou I wonder how long the huge tub of powder I just got from costco would last you..it says 400 washes on the side:eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:!
    I shouldn't need to buy anymore for at least a year anyway;)

I bought mine 6 months ago and it's still got nearly half left :D
    I use a tbsp at a time, cleans just fine. Only downside is it doesn't take much to end up with a cloud of it in the air (as I decant it into a smaller box kept under the sink). It's terrible to inhale so try and cover up my face when I top up :eek:
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    The back of the house is freezing and I dont want to move from the fire! The seeds can take their chances in the back room, THE LIVINGROOM IS MINE!!! Muhahahaha

Oh dear me you poor lot with all that snow........:eek:its been a beatiful day here, sunny and warm at about 12 degrees...ive been outside quite a lot today doing jobs, plus inside as well, got me grass cut, washing dried. ........... You will have to move you cant stay there its far too cold, its springtime !!!!!!.......:eek:
    However will your poor hens lay in that cold temp when you get them,,?
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2011 at 7:47PM
    Options
    Lovely day here- cloudy to start with but we actually saw the sun for a few hours :j ...and a very large fluffy bee, a small worker bee and a Red Admiral Butterfly - Spring is on its way :)

Other allotment holders looked on enviously as a kind work colleague rotovated our half allotment for DH this morning so if the weather holds, we plan to get our spuds in tomorrow :) DH was called out three times in the night so he was feeling too jiggered to do it today :(

On the washing powder front - I use half the recommended amount and find it just as effective as the full amount. . . . and I do spend a lot of time yomping around in mud, hoss poo and slime !
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    kitschy wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind some snow - if I couldn't get to work I could get on with decluttering and sorting out my flat! Instead, I'll be spending most of the weekend auditing client files and sending shirty emails to staff who haven't been doing their jobs :(

Oh you bossy so and so .!!:D...get your whip out girl.....:eek:

I had beautiful rice pudding for desert at tea time, I made it myself.......worked out pretty cheap id say..........2 pints full cream milk and 4 ounces of tesco long grain rice....put in the microwave for 25 mins on full power and stirring a couple of times , it was so creamy and fluffy....been a long time since ive made home made rice......worked out £1.23 p for desert and that fed the 2 of us,:j so thats what you call MS .......61 p for one desert :D............thats a good desert when you have a large family to feed very cheap and very good for you................didnt even add sugar it was lovely as it was.:D:D and very filling........:D
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I would never have thought of making rice pud in the micro - am going to try that later!

Did most of my weekly shop on the local market today and got a nice chicken for 2.99, big chunk of cheese for 1.75. Am doing my best to support the market. It also saves petrol as its nearer than Mr S. The cake stall is good - M&S seconds at 50-70p. Things are definately tougher at Ginnyknit towers. Mum just lent me her sowing machine as I have lost the instruction book to mine and cannot sort the tension out without it! Am going to spend next week sewing. New pillowcase,and some aprons for the donkey sanctuary fair. been making cards too thanks to a generous donation from a member on here of lots of craft bits. Have to keep my mind and hands occupied as am getting terribly stressed at the mo!

Weather not bad in Manchester am happy to report, actually saw 2 Robins today which made my day :)
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe I should get artic terns instead. :(
  • joeck68
    joeck68 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much for this recipe. I think we were on the verge of a chicken mutiny, we've had so much as its cheap and cheerful, but this has been a mega hit - even my fussy daughter thought it was fabulous. Only trouble is we were a bit greedy and now there's none left for tomorrow! ;)
    Debts at their highest: £37,500 :eek:
    Hope to be debt free sometime in 2013 :D
    Me, DH, our DD, 1 cat, 3 Gerbils, lots of fish, and 1 allotment :D
  • fedupfreda
    fedupfreda Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    shegar wrote: »
    .ive been outside quite a lot today doing jobs, plus inside as well, got me grass cut, washing dried. ...........

Cut the grass? What's that??? Not had to do that since we had the chickens - 3 girls and they keep the grass well underfoot ....:rotfl::rotfl: The grass in my garden is currently 1/2 inch long - any growth gets pecked off by the hens.

Now if I could work out a way to keep them penned in the front garden they could cut the grass there too .... :think:

Hi to all the newbies :wave:

Off to play catch up. See you later x
    SMILE....they will wonder what you are up to...........;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure