Great 'Dating on the cheap' Hunt

124»

Comments

• Maat
    Maat Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sign up to Pizza Express offers is my advice. Ok it's only 2 pizzas for £12 at the moment which is only of any value in London, but they do quite often have 2 for 1 or other offers which are really useful. They send you regular emails with them - pick your bargain :)
  • split_second
    split_second Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    Just out of interest, do people think it would be different if a female produced a voucher?!
    not sure if my view counts, i had known my now fiance for 2 years before we starting going out, she used to print vouchers and suggest going to places, she found her way round mse before she knew i was on here and always managed to find us nice places to go
    Who remembers when X Factor was just Roman suncream?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    caedle56 wrote: »
    Totally free date. One boyfriend I had many years ago arranged to meet me at the gates of a local large park, I thought we might be going to the Hotel which was in the park for a meal or a drink. Wrong, we walked around the lake and then he steered me to some trees just out of sight of the general flow of the park and proceeded to grope me! It was clear he expected a lot more. Surprisingly, I didn't see him again.
    Reading this post was like deja vu!

Maybe we dated the same chap (once). Mine was a mean Scot, hard up as well :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    Two years old as well :)
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I'd prefer if someone said 'let's try X restaurant as I've heard they do a fantastic set menu/lunch/dinner'.

At least give your date the option to go a la carte (and hope she sticks to one course lol), but you stick to the set. Chances are, she'll join you with the set menu.

Lots do them now - especially mid/early-week.

Wouldn't like a voucher on a first date. Don't know why it feels 'not right', it just does to me. Maybe it gives the impression they date a lot and try to keep the cost down lol!

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family